FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-09 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-09 16:47, ookoo lady wrote:

Poor Mr. Bali Hai. I found him today at the Rose Bowl Flea Market, but I tripped in my drive way. He never even made it into the house.

How sad...he looks like a vintage one too.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 1:52 pm   Permalink

BIG thanks to UPS

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 2:05 pm   Permalink

two of them broke? What did the box look like? Does Munktiki send you new ones and the post office (UPS) pays the damages? It looks like just the tops are broke, but there does seem to be a lot of broke pieces. Instead of throwing them away, they look like you could still get some use some how.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 4:13 pm   Permalink

Time Out is handling it (not Munktiki) and has promised me new ones. I have to hold these for UPS so they can "view the damage." I wouldn't say they were packed "badly"...I got 4 of the Hukilau glasses in the same box and they were fine. The mugs were on the very bottom of the box with maybe one layer of packing peanuts (which obviously was not enough). The important thing is that Time Out is handling it the best way they can and I'll eventually have new mugs.

FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 5:07 pm   Permalink

If not, Homes, I gots an extra one and I'm sure we can work somthin out. Maholla!

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 7:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Balls...I'll keep you posted.

smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 8:00 pm   Permalink

Ouch - easy does it UPS..Make that an edition of 298.......

Now I am worried as i haven't gotten my mug yet and it appears that they have a weak spot at the top. Easily broken in transit.

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 01:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-09 16:47, ookoo lady wrote:

Poor Mr. Bali Hai. I found him today at the Rose Bowl Flea Market, but I tripped in my drive way. He never even made it into the house.

Why do I feel as if someone is walking on my grave?

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 03:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-12 20:00, smgleason47 wrote:
Ouch - easy does it UPS..Make that an edition of 298.......

Now I am worried as i haven't gotten my mug yet and it appears that they have a weak spot at the top. Easily broken in transit.

Don't start worrying yet. Mine just arrived yesterday and they were in one piece. I was a little concerned though when I started unpacking and realized the mugs were on the bottom.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 08:42 am   Permalink

I opened the front door this morning (Note the date) and found this box. When I picked it up I could hear trouble. Note the under sized box and no packing around the edges. Well at least it was not Dental or something else rare.

[ This Message was edited by: dibroc 2009-03-06 19:25 ]

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 08:57 am   Permalink

what if it was only a penny cause they shipped out a broken mug. Probably not the cause but the rating history would be able to tell you more.

Nevermind, look how the bowl butts up against the box's edge. It was a suicide mission.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2006-10-13 10:05 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 12:19 am   Permalink

When I've had the good fortune to win an eBay item at a crazy low price, I've told the seller that my winning price was too low, and that I'd send them my max bid after I receive the item and find it to be in good condition. Each time the seller was happy, and I received the item intact and well packed. It's easy to drop $5 or so in an envelope and send it back to them. Cheap insurance to get a mug in one piece.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 10:00 am   Permalink

wondrful idea, will do that next time if we are able to winn at a low bid. we did do that with "Kreepy tiki". his new mugs are great. I hope everyone takes a look and supports this artist.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 6:53 pm   Permalink

Although I barely made the trip home in one piece from The Hukilau, these mugs didn't:

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 10:17 am   Permalink

OK this is a small thing but worth adding here. Over the week end i ordered a couple of tiki farm shots from www.stuff-o-rama.com They shipped as fast as anyone i have seen. When the package arrived I opened it to find one of the mugs chipped. I email Stuff-O-Rama about the damaged item. The next day I received a shipment notice that a replacement was on the way. WOW just like that is is being replaced. This is a wonderful seller and I hope everyone takes a look and supports them.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation