FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 3:24 pm   Permalink

Yeah, Teri is top notch! Always a pleasure to do business with her, and her online store is great! Definitely an online store worth frequenting and patronizing.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 11:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-12 14:05, teaKEY wrote:
Instead of throwing them away, they look like you could still get some use some how.

Send ALL broken, chipped or unloved mugs to teaKEY.
Not even BROKEN Tiki mugs in his part of the country!

Just kiddin teaKEY......all love from the Tiki Ohana!

But I know I WOULD figure out a way to make something cool and useful from those!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-20 08:39 am   Permalink

Quote:
Send ALL broken, chipped or unloved mugs to teaKEY. Not even BROKEN Tiki mugs in his part of the country! -Dr. TikiMojo

Certainly send all unloved mug to me. I live on the island of Misfit Mugs and I comfort them and they live out the rest of their days in happiness with others like them.

He is right about the broken mugs not being here. Maybe its the fact that there is less mugs to break. Maybe they are so valuable that we only walk over grass with then never sidewalk. Maybe since they are less bars there are less drunk moments? But the only time that I saw a broke mug (and common at that), I did buy it. And at the same time, cracked mugs make me feel bad and I don't like that around me but I have a happy solution for that mug and I just thought of it alittle while ago.
I have a hollow Moai that I'm going to fill with sand and seal up. I'm going to place that broken mug into the head of the Moai before I seal it and it will timecapsule that mug for hundreds of years. PLus the Moai is literally going to have "tikis on this mind" for all time to come. How cool is that.

But there was a bunch of great photo in this thread that seem to all vanished and once someone made cool wall art with there misfortunes.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mahalo Myers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:48 pm   Permalink

Shrek killed my Spooky D!! I happened to be looking at the mug, when all of a sudden (in slow motion!) I see the Shrek falling forward and push my Spooky D right off the shelf!

It's killing me because it was the #150 of 150. I really enjoyed this mug, I just got it.

Anyone need some CZ eyes? I miss it already!

View Profile of Mahalo Myers Send a personal message to Mahalo Myers  Goto the website of Mahalo Myers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:53 pm   Permalink

there should be a chalk out line around the body. and the palce swarm'n with csi. this was no doubt MURDER!

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mahalo Myers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:59 pm   Permalink

It seemed all of my collectables were mocking me at that moment

View Profile of Mahalo Myers Send a personal message to Mahalo Myers  Goto the website of Mahalo Myers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr_Feel_Good

Posted: 2006-10-30 7:04 pm   Permalink

Tragic to say the least...I have nightmares about this happening to me (Thank God for carpet). I had a close call the other day with a Bosko mug. Scary, very scary indeed. You should send the pic to Munktiki. Who knows, they might send you a condolence card.

View Profile of Dr_Feel_Good Send a personal message to Dr_Feel_Good  Goto the website of Dr_Feel_Good     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 3:13 pm   Permalink

post man jumped up n down on this one....

First time for me....

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-13 4:04 pm   Permalink

I just got one of those today, mine looked a little different though. Mostly the upper head region.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 6:04 pm   Permalink

Don Ho met an untimely demise at the hands of UPS... My Co-worker said the UPS guy walked in & dropped my big box right on the floor. I guess reading was not his best skill as the top of the box had this nice little label "Fragile"!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 6:35 pm   Permalink

I'm so sad They arrived like this. 2 out of 4 broken. Three of the four were suppose to be Christmas gifts. Not quite what I was hoping for when I opened the box. Hopefully they will be replaced

[ This Message was edited by: Atomicchick 2007-01-12 23:47 ]

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-11 6:53 pm   Permalink

I agree with TikiDavid...that was an obvious murder. Looks like a conspiracy in the postal/delivery service industry. When will this senseless killing stop!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 7:01 pm   Permalink

and then there's the unique tragedy of seeing your own work bite the dust....Opened the kiln lid and:

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 2:08 pm   Permalink

Ouch. I hate this thread.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 5:44 pm   Permalink

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation