FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 7:23 pm   Permalink

BUGGERY, BALDERDASH AND BEWILDERMENT!
**ANOTHER** shelf came off the wall. Sadness reigns.

the roll call:
Munktiki Hukilau 2007 jug
Aloha Hut - DC (YARGH!!!!!!)
Luau Hut - Silver Spring MD (2 varieties)
OMC Kon-Tiki style (forget where from)
Kahlua Hut
red generic Big Lots mug

Oh well. At least none of the cats got hurt. In other news, I'll be adding something to the Witco thread tonight, so maybe it's all a wash. It may mean toggle bolts from here on out - no point in taking chances.

~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 7:28 pm   Permalink

Rupe, two in a row? Ouch that hurts. Thats more mug than I have found in the wild in the last two years. No find this year at all. At least you got a pic of it.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-20 7:28 pm   Permalink

Rupe, two in a row? Ouch that hurts. Thats more mug than I have found in the wild in the last two years. No find this year at all. At least you got a pic of it.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 4:28 pm   Permalink

Oh, that's not right. My condolences to you for your lost mugs. May the tiki gods smile upon you and aid you in replacing them.
Sometimes I really hate this thread.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rwhgeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-26 4:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-07 03:59, rupe33 wrote:
And.... I'm the angriest man in the DC area this morning.

Last night, a recently relocated shelf full of MUNKTIKI mugs came out of the wall...
The collateral damage even put a couple of chips into our Ohana Hut (perhaps homeowner's insurance is warranted for that mug alone!)

it's madness, madness!!!!!!!

I can has anger?!!!

~Rupe

Did you have duplicates of the victims? If not PM your address and I will send you one of my extras. East Coast Tikiphiles need to stick together. I used to live up in Arlington and left more than a few brain cells at Honolulu, RIP. I don't check here everyday so might be a little while before something arrives.

View Profile of rwhgeek Send a personal message to rwhgeek  Email rwhgeek Goto the website of rwhgeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-26 5:04 pm   Permalink

I am sacrificing a MaiTai in memory of your mugs.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-26 5:10 pm   Permalink

My condolences too for all the losses. Be sure to save the shards to make a collage or use in tiling a bar top or something...BooHoo. ;(

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 7:34 pm   Permalink

Lessons learned:
1) if your shelves are secure, don't move them elsewhere.
2) plaster walls: not so good for shelf-attaching.
3) If one shelf comes down... the others will likely follow.
4) Tiki Centralites are awesome.
5) East Coast Tikiphiles are chock full of kindness!
6) If one shelf comes down... the others will likely follow.

Thanks!!!
~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 10:26 am   Permalink

UPS Shipping Misfortune. Looks like the Munktiki/Forbidden Island Bowl is now a LTD Edition of 99!

Mile was great, and stated they are on the case to produce another for me. I hope the UPS Claim will come through for them!

So far, this is only my Second damaged mug. I think the first one was a Tiki Farm mug back in 2006. But then again, my memory gets a good beer rinse from time to time.

The soccer ball....er box from UPS

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-15 3:00 pm   Permalink

Here's one that happened at F.I. a couple of weeks back. CP's mug, The Golden Idol, got nailed by the cleaning staff.

Don't fuck with Peterson's mug, or he'll cut ya. He'll cut ya!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Liana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-18 8:52 pm   Permalink

I know it's nothing rare (well in Australia any tiki mugs are rare!).. but this was my first mug a friend sent to me as a gift from America.. It took 6 weeks to get here and arrived like this:

At least it's double sided so I can just turn it around when I display it

View Profile of Liana Send a personal message to Liana  Goto the website of Liana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-19 10:21 am   Permalink

This is the saddest thread I have ever witnessed. I need a drink.

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gooneybird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-20 4:15 pm   Permalink

My first casualties. The frozen drink machine delivery guy ran into my shelf and I lost 6 mugs.

View Profile of gooneybird Send a personal message to gooneybird  Goto the website of gooneybird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-20 5:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-20 16:15, gooneybird wrote:
My first casualties. The frozen drink machine delivery guy ran into my shelf and I lost 6 mugs.

I hope he lost a lung for his clumsyness....

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-20 5:24 pm   Permalink

I agree with EI Elvis....just reading some of this thread made me run down to my collection and check each one carefully...this is all so very, very sad

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation