FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 3:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-01 07:15, Rum Balls wrote:

At least I didn't pay much for it, and at least I got to have a drink out it. Dang.

I am making it a mission to find you a replacement, RB.
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
StanTheMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-28 6:08 pm   Permalink

This is the second "Three year old girl" related Ku tiki mug death. This one was mostly empty at it's demise. I try not to spend too much on tiki mugs as I actually use them... with alcohol. These are getting harder to find too. Tiki-Stan

View Profile of StanTheMan Send a personal message to StanTheMan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-30 10:14 am   Permalink

OUCH Does anyone have a spare pepper to replace this one we just killed?

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-20 11:37 am   Permalink

Humpty Dumpty Sven Tiki:

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-21 01:59 am   Permalink

Ouch. Yeah, that's how my head felt the morning after I went to Trader Vic's Happy Hour here in Hamburg.
Now you'll have to get the upcoming Book of Tiki mug.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 09:11 am   Permalink

Painful stuff. I have only two tiki mugs (I've had too many bad experiences with shipping, I really don't like Paypal, and Seattle's thrift stores have zero tiki, ever) but both of 'em would be hard to replace. Hope I never have any accidents with 'em, and condolences to all.

Not a tiki mug (or tiki anything) but I once bought a rare vintage ceiling fan off a guy, who berated me when I asked - nicely - if he'd disassemble it and pack well. He railed on me about having been in Iraq and Afganistan and how he knew how to pack from sending stuff home... Naturally it was an awful job. He took everything apart that shouldn't be taken apart, didn't disassemble the easy parts, and it arrived with pieces poking out of holes in the box and the whole thing bent out of shape. It WAS repairable, but... I feel your pain with regards to poor packing. And I still have photos of the box with parts visibly sticking out.

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
StanTheMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-02-25 9:52 pm   Permalink

Aren't there any Tiki establishments in Seattle where you can pick up some tiki mugs for daily use?

View Profile of StanTheMan Send a personal message to StanTheMan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-25 11:44 pm   Permalink

Ouch!!
Ebay purchase that was wrapped in one small sheet of paper each...
Always ask for bubble wrapped around mugs!!!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 12:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-25 23:44, Beachbumz wrote:
Ouch!!
Ebay purchase that was wrapped in one small sheet of paper each...
Always ask for bubble wrapped around mugs!!!

Gah! That's so frustrating! I once received a mug - miraculously intact - stuffed in a bubble-wrap lined envelope.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 06:54 am   Permalink

Ship unto others as you would have them ship unto you. Too bad not enough people know this Golden Rule.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 10:17 pm   Permalink

First I break one myself when dusting a shelf.

Then after I stopped crying I searched out something to replace it. I found something really cool and guess what, lousy packaging caused me to be super bummed again when the box arrived and I opened it to find this:

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-04-26 11:57 pm   Permalink

I really hate this thread...

Maybe we should all get this....

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-04-27 12:31 am   Permalink

IWas this a mug? It was awesome whatever it was.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-27 12:42 am   Permalink

Saw those on Ebay.....pretty good price to boot....made by Treasure Craft, original design by Hawaiian Island Products... Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-26 6:58 pm   Permalink

Allright! My big ebay score made it!
I picked up the package up off the porch and heard that unmistakable, sickening sound of ceramic shards grinding together.
My first DOA.

My first volcano bowl

Maybe I can salvage it and make a tiki planter.

A one-of-a-kind, signed artist proof tiki planter.
With certificate of authenticity.

I don't understand what happened, from the exterior, there were no signs of damage to the package. And it seemed adequately packed when I opened it.
Man, why did it have to be this one? Why not some garden-variety coconut mug?!

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation