FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-05-27 01:33 am   Permalink

Packing peanuts would have saved it..... maybe.. I've had good luck when using them..

Little crazy glue and as good as new!

Sorry, that sad.........

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMonkey

Posted: 2011-05-28 10:54 pm   Permalink

I feel your pain, man. I feel your pain :'-(

View Profile of TikiMonkey Send a personal message to TikiMonkey  Goto the website of TikiMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
klockwork
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-04 10:42 am   Permalink

A number of months back I ordered the Bowling Family set of mugs from a seller on Ebay. Merv and Mort made it OK, but unfortunately Maury got hit with a strike...

The seller was really great about it. He refunded the money for the mug and I was able to re-purchase another Maury from Tiki Farm. So if any of you ever need to buy a mug from ParisDougieFresh on Ebay you know he'll treat you right.

View Profile of klockwork Send a personal message to klockwork      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 1:41 pm   Permalink

Here's one of a few of our broken packages. All the wrapping you see there is all the wrapping that was in the box. Seriously.

I was looking for the right Frankoma T-10 for a long time, and this is the one I got.

And here are pieces of a couple of other disasters.

I'm saving pieces for mosaics. I've accumulated a few over the past few years.

BIG PANIC!!!!!1! BUY BATTERIES!!!

[ This Message was edited by: phinz 2011-07-22 13:47 ]

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-23 11:41 am   Permalink

Don't these people know how to wrap a tiki mug ...shiish !
Feel your pain Phinz!

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-23 4:27 pm   Permalink

Yes...it finally arrived!!! But ugh-oh:

Yes...the replacement finally arrived!!! OH COME ON!!!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-20 11:39 pm   Permalink

What happens when something is packed fairly well but USPS just doesn't want you to have it:

The box didn't even look damaged...

Luckly it was insured, but that only replaces the money not the mug.

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifan1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-21 11:52 pm   Permalink

I want to give the MUNKTIKI people a big high five and a whole lotta kudos for all the peanuts and packing they use. All the mugs I've gotten from them have been pristine. I sure appreciate it. Also that Crazy Al, the Wildsman, the folks at Tiki Farm, and the VanTiki Island sure do a great job also. I actually think the majority of the folks here know the deal, and respect the tiki. Mahalo to all the picky packers, I lift an intact mug to your greatness.

View Profile of Tikifan1 Send a personal message to Tikifan1  Email Tikifan1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-22 09:13 am   Permalink

Agreed! All of the manufactures/artists do an excellent job. The problem packers are the eBay people that don't know/care about what they're selling. Especially folks who do estate type sales. It's just something they made money off of, not a piece of art, and that is how they pack it.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-03 6:27 pm   Permalink

Not a mug but it is a mighty tiki misfortune.

Before I found my first mug, I starting gettin' tiki'd by grabbing a small notepad, writing "secret tiki drinks" on it and filling it up with recipes.

Money being tight, I checked the Beachbum books out at the library and hand wrote several choice cocktails. I copied others from this site. I got others from friends, old books and bartenders.

This was my pride and joy with great recipes, tweaks, tasting notes, and little drawings to go along with most recipes.

Anyway - it ended up in the washer after my last business trip and now my beautiful little notepad is paper mache all over my work clothes.

Looks like amazon is going to sell another copy of Remixed. Guess it ain't all bad.

gabbahey

*edited for typo

[ This Message was edited by: gabbahey 2011-11-03 18:29 ]

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-07 11:20 pm   Permalink

Another mug that USPS didn't want me to have:

Amazingly the other two mugs in the box survived, no thanks to the packing...

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 11:05 am   Permalink

It would've been a gift to me, except for the mishap. The seller wrapped it very carefully in two sheets of newsprint and put it in a Tyvek envelope. He was surprised it didn't make it in one piece, actually words "huh, who'd a thought". Seriously?!?!

It WAS a maori style from the Hawaiian Inn Daytona Beach FL. At least it refunded the money I superglued it back together as well as I could (not very well).

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 1:18 pm   Permalink

You have to post a picture of the repaired version. I don't think I would have even attempted it on a piece in the many...pieces.

MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 1:38 pm   Permalink

I have thought about using super glue to put mine back together, but what would I do with it?

Is there a market for glued together mugs? (I suppose in this case the front of the mug is mostly intact.)

Otherwise maybe I'll save the pieces to make a mosaic or something...

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 7:52 pm   Permalink

The front's not bad:

The back's not. It was hard to keep it round.

But I hadn't seen it before, there aren't too many maori ones, and it was from a location!
One good side at least.

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation