FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-13 1:27 pm   Permalink

Ha, not bad!!! Keep it in the shadows, you can't even tell

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-25 3:38 pm   Permalink

I am not even posting pics of this travesty. I am hoping that admiting this will help me work the demons out of my system. I was enjoying a Scorpion in one of my old Harrahs - Lake Tahoe volcano bowls and I simply dropped the damn thing on the floor. It wasn't packaging. It wasn't accidently clinking this against another mug...or having something fall on to this mug. I simply dropped it right out of my hands. I lost a lovely mug AND the cocktail within! CURSES!!!

[ This Message was edited by: vince martini 2011-12-26 12:20 ]

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-06 8:40 pm   Permalink

Another insufficiently packed package...

Only one of them survived, other one that looks OK is cracked all the way through and will split in two very easily...

It was even double boxed...

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 07:04 am   Permalink

This should be the offical meme of this thread.

[ This Message was edited by: naugatiki 2012-01-15 07:05 ]

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-02 10:12 pm   Permalink

7 mugs in one box and no bubble around any of the mugs, Three broke...

To make it worst, there were four Otagiri ones that I had never seen before either, one's better than none I guess..

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-02 10:53 pm   Permalink

It should be a crime against humanity, Beach....

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-04 2:57 pm   Permalink

Oooh, that's heartbreaking.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-07 5:33 pm   Permalink

Lost history and lost tiki

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-10 6:17 pm   Permalink

Poor guy didn't even make it home. Seemed to be some sort of Westwood knock-off or hobbyist as it didn't have any marks and was glazed on the bottom. Que Sera.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-03 12:29 am   Permalink

I hate to say it, but I can now contribute to this thread. I was carrying some shelves into the house and didnt see my wife left her shoes in the middle of the dining room floor. Tripped over them and hip checked the wooden rack where my mugs have been living. Shattered an Orchids of Hawaii mug ,and completly broke the bottom out of my Jekyl & Hyde Club mug. I only own nine mugs total, so this is kinda painful.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-06 12:29 pm   Permalink

HEART-BREAKING! My husband and I recently got a package containing our Kahiki salt & pepper shakers. ...or at least a package containing PIECES of them! I sat at my art table carefully gluing as many little pieces back together as I could. Thankfully, they look ok from the front...just don't turn them around. *sigh*

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iscah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-25 09:40 am   Permalink

I lost a couple of Gecko mugs, including one of his Mt. Bumatay style, when we moved. I know I lost at least a couple other mugs, but I just let my partner throw them away before it broke my heart. =(

View Profile of Iscah Send a personal message to Iscah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-13 02:58 am   Permalink

I haven't had to post to this thread since 2004...

...and I hope I don't have to post here again for a another 8 years.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iscah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-13 12:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-13 02:58, atomictonytiki wrote:

...and I hope I don't have to post here again for a another 8 years.

Ditto.

View Profile of Iscah Send a personal message to Iscah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
underdog

Posted: 2012-07-02 4:24 pm   Permalink

I think my husband posted this in another thread, but this seemed to be a more appropriate place. Sorry for the duplication, but we're really upset and I'm not sure our disappointment can be truly captured in a single post.

We live in North Central Florida, not by any means a mecca of tiki culture. We rarely make finds 'in the wild' because there's just not that much around. Therefore, we often have to rely on ebay to scratch our tiki itch. We're also on a budget, so we can't spring for many of the mugs on our wish list at the going rate.

So imagine our glee when we found a Hoffman Kahiki Moai mug in an auction missing most of the common search terms, starting at 5.99. And no one bid against us. We've had mugs shipped to us before, and aside from one tiny chip we've been pretty lucky. But this mug, which we will probably not find in our price range again, which is such a great piece of tiki history, which we were so excited to find, arrived like this:

A few big pieces and some dust. No chance of gluing back together. Our first big tiki misfortune.

View Profile of underdog Send a personal message to underdog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation