FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 8:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks to my cat

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 1:19 pm   Permalink

Pele blew her top from Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room's 50th anniversary mug.

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-26 3:24 pm   Permalink

One of my shelves came crashing down in the middle of the night. Scarred the poop outta me

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-16 07:41 am   Permalink

It may not be a tiki mug but I lost a nude cutie glass last night.

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 5:51 pm   Permalink

UUGGGHHH... so bummed to have to post here again...

Thanks to a level of packing incompetence that is absolutely unparalleled in my
17 years buying and selling on eBay... I FINALLY won THIS guy for a reasonable price...

...but got, instead, this PAPER ENVELOPE of pottery shards!

!!!

Yes, folks... a 60 year old piece of fragile ceramics wrapped in one, thin layer of bubble wrap
and stuffed in an ENVELOPE made for mailing PAPER.

Worth every cent of the $12 shipping, I tells ya.

I thought I'd seen it all... but there it is. A new level of absolute incompetence with the US Postal system.

Poor little skull... if anyone tells you you can't kill the undead, here's your proof to the contrary.

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-27 6:45 pm   Permalink

That hurts my heart.

At least the seller is responsible for damage due to bad packing, so you can get it all refunded. It takes away a little of the sting.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 7:54 pm   Permalink

WOW!!!!!! That would totally piss me off if someone mailed me a mug like that. Hope you get your money back. NO GOOD!!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-27 11:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words...

I feel bad, because the seller is EXTREMELY nice and has been right on top of responding to my messages (did I mention I stole the TC language
for our annual mug swap and messaged them BEFORE they shipped to say "please assume this will be used as a football by the postal service?")

I told them I wanted my money back - no arguments, no back pedaling, but instant apologies and a refund.

They said the person at the post office told them that would be "the best way to ship it." UGH. I think the real scourge of ceramics
everywhere, here, is the USPS itself. I see the lackadaisical employees at our local branch telling people to stuff all kinds of things in
envelopes that shouldn't be in them every time I'm there dropping off eBay stuff (our local branch boasts an impressive 1 star average review on Yelp... it's
pretty damn rough... for those playing at home, that's the lowest you can give anything.)

This lady meant well... she trusted the PO's judgement. Maybe the PO in Maryland didn't break it, but frankly, a light toss and a land in a postal bucket on a concrete floor would've rubbed this guy out.

The only fortunate end of the story is that the guy's face is still in tact, so we'll prop his face up next to our busted Steve Crane Ku mug 'til we can find a
proper specimen.

Oh yeah... anybody got an OMC Skull mug like the one above they wanna let go for $35 shipped to Chicago?

I know... I know...

--Pete

[ This Message was edited by: Ragbag Comics 2014-05-27 23:41 ]

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 01:41 am   Permalink

Anyone who thought fragile ceramics would be protected in such a thoughtless
packing job is truly a mentally deficient individual, sure maybe a sweet mentally deficient individual
but one none the less.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 07:56 am   Permalink

There's a reason the P.O. tells 'em to pack them like that. Next time the poor soul will purchase the "insurance" the P.O. offers. I swear, sometimes i think that place is run by ex mobsters. "Chou want insurance fo dat? Be a shame if anyting should 'appen to it whilts shipping?"

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 10:24 am   Permalink

Not a tiki mug, but a nice resin mold arrived at my doorstep, from ebay, in pieces.

Sadness. Rage. The tiki gods shall avenge their loss, I hope.

At least he looks decent from a front view, for the most part.

EDIT: oy! Anyway to turn these pictures the right way?

[ This Message was edited by: EPCOTExplorer 2014-05-28 10:25 ]

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 6:11 pm   Permalink

Here you go

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-28 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-28 18:11, hiltiki wrote:
Here you go

Thanks! How do I get it to do that, in the future?

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-06-21 7:22 pm   Permalink

The GROG Mug is being resurrected from the dead. Thankfully it broke into several large pieces, so it wasn't so hard to put back together.

Unfortunately, GROG not get a picture of the whole mug with the pieces missing.

Used paperclay to put it back together. Here it is after the bisque fire:

GROG coat the inside with clear glaze, and now it's waiting until GROG have enough pieces to fill the kiln for a glaze fire.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-21 7:47 pm   Permalink

GROG should have piece ready for swizzle to add to firing.

Oh! And GROG do good job. swizzle like that GROG mug.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2014-06-21 19:47 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation