FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-04-28 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Of course, my kung fu teacher Pun Chankik was also very helpful in my being so focused.

Mention of the great Pun Chankik reminds me of something I read recently. An article about the upcoming Matrix sequels mentions that the martial arts master they consulted for the fight scenes is named Yuwan Wu-Ping (I think that's the spelling). Sounds like a good guy for the job, but he might have a short fuse.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-28 12:57 pm   Permalink

Yep, Ping is the guy who was a consultant from the original. Apparently he has to train them through translators since he speak no english. Here's an article about him.
http://www.gluckman.com/Matrix.htm

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 12:46 am   Permalink

Mr. G fell victim to post Oasis separation anxiety and slipped over the edge. Of the table.

[ This Message was edited by: Cultjam on 2003-05-16 00:51 ]

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 8:51 pm   Permalink

Ouch!

Cultjam, believe me when I tell you that I know how it feels. My condolences!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-16 20:52 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 10:02 pm   Permalink

All this tiki misfortune almost brings a tear to my eyes. This reminds me of a visit I was lucky enough to make to Bosko's place last year. He has what looks like a graveyard of broken mugs strewn thoughout his property. Super rare vintage mugs that I would kill for...broken in pieces then half buried in mud like landscaping art...dozens of them. The poor little tiki guys sort of looked like the living dead. It was a little creepy, but mostly cool.

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-21 1:08 pm   Permalink

"Mom always said not to play ball in the house..."

-Bobby Brady

Yep, it's a Martiki!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-06-21 13:09 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-03 9:02 pm   Permalink

So how was your Labor Day weekend? I spent the afternoon lounging by the pool enjoying the sounds of Ape with a delicious Mojito in my new (eBay acquired) Huki Huki mug.

Late in the afternoon some of my buddies & their gal pals came by and after a few drinks a game of Football Marco Polo ensued. Its played just like Marco Polo but with a football - and you still can't open your eyes when you throw the ball.

My bro: "Marco"
Me: "Polo"

My bro throws the football at me in an attempt to 'tag' me with it. As I dive into the pool out of its path the ball nails Huki Huki right between the eyeballs as it rested on the patio table.

We all watched it fall in slow motion while someone reached for it and in a deep, distorted, slow motion sounding growl, shreiked "nnooooo..."

Rest in peace my dear friend.

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: polynesianpop on 2003-09-03 21:12 ]

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-03 10:12 pm   Permalink

Was there an official burial service for lost or broken Tiki mugs performed at any of the celebrations for the 1st Annual International Tiki Day Celebration?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-04 10:38 am   Permalink

Has anyone been saving the broken tiki pieces to make a mosaic? It'd look pretty interesting with all the different glaze colors & bits of tiki faces peeking out.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Midway Cafe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-04 12:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Now Freddie,

I was thinking along the same lines. Or perhaps wet sanding them flat and turning them into wall hangings. It all depends on the break.

View Profile of Midway Cafe Send a personal message to Midway Cafe  Email Midway Cafe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-04 1:33 pm   Permalink

While setting up for Da Show (3:00am)
Gecko and I were moving stuff into the auditorium.

I loaded 6 crates on a dolly and proceeded to go up a curb.

As I lifted my end... I thought that Gecko was spotting me... however, I didn't see him go back to the van....

Crash!! the top crate fell & toppled to the ground.
Everything is alright... I kept telling myself...

But as I began to unload... 2 Hawaiian steins, 4 coconut mugs, 2 hula girl figurines, and 1 ashtray were all mangled into one pile of white chalk.

... sniff... sniff
I gotta go now....

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-04 1:39 pm   Permalink

MT, sorry bro.... my condolences. But hey, the good news is you can make a groovy Hawaiiana bar top with the pieces!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-04 2:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-04 13:39, PolynesianPop wrote:
MT, sorry bro.... my condolences. But hey, the good news is you can make a groovy Hawaiiana bar top with the pieces!

Pop,
You have got to have one HUGE table!

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
La Tiki Nostra
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-04 3:57 pm   Permalink

The wife came up with a great use for broken mugs or just about broken anything that is Ceramic...it gets planted in our flower garden. Actually it all livens up the garden and give our friends something to talk about when we are hangin' in the back yard! I,ll try to post some pics soon.

View Profile of La Tiki Nostra Send a personal message to La Tiki Nostra      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 12:58 am   Permalink

Sigh.

Pity the poor Moai.

The poor doomed mug didn't make it from my car to the house.

Sigh.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation