FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-31 6:58 pm   Permalink

I firmly believe that all future limited edition mugs should automatically subtract 1 from their edition in the event that PolyPop gets one.
The PP Factor.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2004-05-31 19:02 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-31 11:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-31 18:58, Turbogod wrote:

The PP Factor.

The PP Factor -- I like that!

Maybe all future limited edition runs could consider that and make an "extra" one -- kinda like a bakers dozen (13)!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPearlsOfTahiti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-02 6:11 pm   Permalink

SO SAD to see all those poor broken tiki mugs!! oh man, I'd be freaking out if those were my mugs all busted up!! I keep mine up on a high shelf, and the ones I allow for use (!), my hubby knows he'd better be careful. My tiki's are my prized possessions..I mean, not as much as hubby or my sweet little kitties, but still! I'm going to try to keep them in one piece!

View Profile of TikiPearlsOfTahiti Send a personal message to TikiPearlsOfTahiti      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-06-14 05:00 am   Permalink

Bloody Football fans down at the post office have been using my packages as a ball.
Nothing that glue won't fix and its my first smashed tiki.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki on 2004-06-14 09:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-01-20 14:11 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 08:09 am   Permalink

Here's how I brought my own heartache -- my first tiki mugs -- I put them in the DISHWASHER! And was amazed to find them crumbling before my eyes (after a few washings).

Must always wash them by hand --

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SeekingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-21 4:03 pm   Permalink

Well thanks to UPS I have joined this post...
I can no longer say I have never had a broken mug sent to me. I opened my box and BLAMO! 3 broken mugs. They must have used the box as a soccer ball!

this image is large:

http://www.tikibug.com/L/broken.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: SeekingTiki on 2004-06-21 16:10 ]

View Profile of SeekingTiki Send a personal message to SeekingTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
modchick65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-21 7:25 pm   Permalink

The Spicoli quotes were PRICELESS.

View Profile of modchick65 Send a personal message to modchick65  Goto the website of modchick65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 8:57 pm   Permalink

That image is so.............so sad.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Saint-Thomas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-23 07:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-21 08:09, Satan's Sin wrote:
Here's how I brought my own heartache -- my first tiki mugs -- I put them in the DISHWASHER! And was amazed to find them crumbling before my eyes (after a few washings).

Must always wash them by hand --

Hu-What!!!??
Crumbling?? I don't understand... Were they made from pressed oatmeal? Earthenware chips all the time, but I've never heard of this phenomenon. Please tell me more....

View Profile of Saint-Thomas Send a personal message to Saint-Thomas  Email Saint-Thomas Goto the website of Saint-Thomas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-23 08:30 am   Permalink

I reckon all these broken bits should be collected up, mixed together and then re-assembled into some freaky frankenstein style mugs/works of art. Might end up with something cool coming out of all this heartbreak and suffering.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 08:48 am   Permalink

For those of you out there in Tikiland who did not get to see the Von Franco and Friends art show at the Bahooka, you can also do this with broken mugs.

Tiki Farm Tribute Bar
by, Bamboo Ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 11:53 am   Permalink

Another beautiful piece Ben!
Thanks for posting it.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 1:33 pm   Permalink

Bitchen, Ben!

Where's my hammer?

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 7:09 pm   Permalink

It was real fun Smashing the signed Shag mugs!!! The Shag mugs alone that I used would have gone for 4 times the amount of the bar on ebay. The bar only sold for 695.00. It was all about the tiki, man!!!

The front logo was made from about 20 different mugs. A piece or 5 out of each mug. The bar top was a melted lava feel with more mug parts in it, Tiki Farm drink coasters and there was a piece of mohogany on it for a mixing area with signed hang tags and cards from events under heavy poly. The bar itself without all of the extras would sell for 695.00 in my store but, this was an art show and it was "all about the tiki!!" and, still is!!

Now I got to find a post that is appropriate to post the C'al and the Von Franco tribute bars to. Any help would be cool. PM me?

p.s. nothing against my man Shag. It was just fun smashing these mugs up thinking of the horror in the collectors' eyes!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben on 2004-11-13 19:16 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 8:00 pm   Permalink

Ben, I can only envision you listening to the Damned's immortal classic "Smash It Up" with a look of pure glee while preparing the materials used to create this smashing bar.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation