FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 08:16 am   Permalink

Man I can Taste the MAiTai's already and feel the cool breeze on my face. Beautiful job Mac. Love it

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 09:10 am   Permalink

No more rain will get into the bar (unless it's sideways)My Wahine said "we are ready to serve pancakes now" I didn't get it.

Tar paper and Palapa today. I will post pics later.

Mahaloz

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2006-04-30 18:33 ]

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 1:18 pm   Permalink

really really cool! great job!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 10:38 am   Permalink

Now then, What shall it be named? LoLo Hale? Kapu Hale? Pau Hana Hale? A lil help?

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 5:49 pm   Permalink

Great Job you've done .... now that i've blown smoke at you when is opening day ????

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 08:04 am   Permalink

I like "McTiki's"..........

LOOKS AWESOME BRO"!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:49 am   Permalink

TikiG, thanks for the props. You would suggest naming it "McTikis"? Never thought of it. Could be worked into something cool for the crewe here.

Mc

turbosickboy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 3:24 pm   Permalink

Beautiful bar, hope youŽll have a great summer so the bar can be used alot!

View Profile of turbosickboy Send a personal message to turbosickboy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-19 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-02 10:38, McTiki wrote:
Now then, What shall it be named? LoLo Hale? Kapu Hale? Pau Hana Hale? A lil help?

Hapa Haole Hale?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-21 09:29 am   Permalink

Tile tops and install cabinets and cabinet facia = Done (your never really done, but, essentially done anyways)

Thanks for the many props.

Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2006-05-22 10:35 ]

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-21 10:34 am   Permalink

Very nice McTiki. A true oasis from the rat race.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-21 8:31 pm   Permalink

I like it man! Nice use of the corner space and it looks great and its practical

Plus you don't have to walk far to deliver me Mai Tais when Im in the pool when I come over... haha

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 10:32 am   Permalink

McTiki ....
Looking Good !
You might want to spray a fire retardent on the outside of the tiki... I have the same problem as you hanging wires ---- I used a product called FX-100 to spray the outside ...if you google and can't find it email me .... not on my computer today!!!
OH YEAH WHAT TIME DRINKS BEING SERVED !!!! POOL MUST BE GETTING TOASTY !!! GOOD WORK !!!!!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-23 1:41 pm   Permalink

Hewey- Thanks for the props. I can arrange for someone to deliver your drinks to the pool. (yer killin me mate)

Bongo- Thanks for the props. Yes it helps de-stress after a days end

TikiLaLe- Thanks for the tip. The Palapa I purchased is commercial grade and has fire retardant on it. The lumber is all pre-treated as well. Nothing would be worse than to have a bottle rocket ignite the McTiki's lounge! All precautions were taken to ensure that stupidity will not overcome design lol.

We are open most Fridays and Saturdays. There's usually a small crowd here. We are a freindly crewe.

Where do you live?

Mahalo

IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 10:57 pm   Permalink

Oh man !!!that is the coolest Tiki Bar I've ever seen...like something out of BOT. I hope you have some Tiki Music to go with that mood !! if not, I have some cool home made CDs I can copy for ya.

[ This Message was edited by: IsleConch 2006-09-26 22:58 ]

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation