FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 6:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha McTiki!

As everyone else has said, FANTASTIC WORK!!! BEAUTIFUL!!

Someday I should post photos of the our HUGE backyard mud hole and see if I can't play on the sympathies of the TC Ohana to all come over in an Amish fashioned Barn Raising to build a deck, fire pit, landscape, Tiki Hut Raising, pond building!

Not only does it require a TON of money, (especially if you don't know how to do it all yourself but we could NEVER get through all the City Permits!

How'd ya do it?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 5:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Hope I find everyone enjoying this time of seasons. It's been awhile.

Played in the mud & glass (Well I'm only showing you the glass part for now. (tomorrow actually)

First off....

IsleConch- Thank you. Actually, yes, he's our Rat gargoyle! a fierce presence in the gardens.

Kikekeki - Thank you. We live in Merritt Island, FL, Where are you?

Clarita - Thank you X6 Clarita!

Dr.TikiMojo - Thank you. A hut raising is a fantastic idea! Just make sure there are enough building supplies, tools, electricity, air, water, space, (shade is nice but, optional) liquor & mixers for ~30 thirsty and creative folks. Music ! (A must have!) bug repellent, sun screen, in some cases, protective gear! did I say water? and of course...time. I'm ashamed it took me 12 months. Love the idea though.

We did the back bar too! Totally diferent! It's all grouted (unlike in these pics). Just need a few more wipedowns and a sealer. I'll post those pics tomorrow.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 6:48 pm   Permalink

The glass works is beautiful Mc..how do ya find the time???Always a project..

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 7:17 pm   Permalink

It took the Wahine and I friday evening to start the lay out (dry) then saturday we bonded it all down. there is much more detail tile that went on before we actually called it done. Then on sunday, I grouted the backbar, and today, I grouted the big bar. Rome is taking it's precious time. Thanks Isle.

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 7:34 pm   Permalink

McTiki, I am having the best time following the progression of this bar. So much fun and it looks great, I love it. keep up the nice pictures.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 2:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks hiltiki! Here are some pics of freshly cured grout. A few more wipedowns and it's time to seal.

And the back Bar...

Thank for the kind words.

Mahalo

McTiki

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 01:38 am   Permalink

Beautiful work McTiki. The extra time taken pays off in the end with incredible results.
Love watching your bar evolve too, like others have mentioned.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-30 08:19 am   Permalink

Aloha McTiki!
Fantastic tile work!
I enjoy opening this thread to see the latest post...
I am located in Sarasota.
Will be following your progress, Happy Holidays!
K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 11:03 am   Permalink

well it's been a while, so here's whats new...a sign made from driftwood rescued from the Indian River.

Thanks for looking.

Mahalo

McTiki

sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 4:35 pm   Permalink

Great sign and great tiki bar. Good job!!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scaperman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-07 6:19 pm   Permalink

Looks really awesome, i like the tile work it looks really cool

View Profile of scaperman Send a personal message to scaperman  Email scaperman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-01-07 6:30 pm   Permalink

Wowowowowow.....what a fantastic transformation in your backyard. The waterfal and tikihut are wonderful. I love the tikicat.....so life-like!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-09 05:05 am   Permalink

Perfect. I like's. Very fitting.

Awesome job!

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-09 05:33 am   Permalink

Aloha McTiki! What a great place you got going on there! I really like the grout/tile work. The whole place is fantastic! I wish I could offer some constructive criticism, but I can't find anything to criticize!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-09 09:03 am   Permalink

Thanks Lake, Kikekeki, Sungod, scaperman, VampiressRN, yeah the Cat is very "lifelike" He leaves offerings of rodent life in exchange for wet food lol...really! Tiki G you ought to know brother, youv'e been there a couple of times. TikiGap, thank you!

Mahalo

McTiki

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation