FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » A-A… Some Stuff I'm Working On
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
A-A… Some Stuff I'm Working On
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 07:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-20 15:53, Aaron's Akua wrote:
PolyPop: Sounds great, I carve there just about every day. It's Harvard Park in Irvine at the corner of Walnut and Harvard. We should plan a long lunch break sometime.

Well alrighty then! Maybe we can meet up next week since I'm kinda tied up with work stuff this week. I'll call you after the weekend.

Quote:

On 2005-04-20 15:53, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Spermy/Scott: Just jump in and post as you go. Everybody will help you along. I know you're local. We'll talk at Oasis. Maybe we can get a carving session going sometime with some of the other locals and we can all share carving tips (hint, hint... PolyPop???).

Regarding the carving party -- Danny (Tiki Diablo) and I talked about this briefly recently. I have a plan in my head for another Carving Party with a "twist" so to speak. After Oasis I might just put this plan in motion. I'll keep everyone posted here on TC.

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: polynesianpop on 2005-04-21 09:58 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 07:36 am   Permalink

Hey,
Let me know about lunch, I might come up. We could do the carving seminar at my place again. The last one was really fun. Let me know.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 08:39 am   Permalink

A carving party sounds great!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 12:03 pm   Permalink

Gigantalope: Thanks so much! Yeah, I just turn off the cell phone & get a quick carve in. I only do the “no brainer” carving on the lunch breaks though. Anything I need to think hard about gets done on the weekend.

PolyPop: Yeah, let’s talk next week – sounds great. I’ve got major deadlines at work right now, and the wahine and I leaving Friday for “Lost Wages”. Be back Monday, & I’ll call you then.

The carving party sound great.
The last one looked legendary! I know there’s lots of good local carvers around here these days. We all need to meet up, break out the workmates, & let the chips fly, then pound some grog & BS a little. Or we could all bring our chainsaw to Oasis. I’m sure there’s plenty of palm trees around there! Seriously, just name a time & place and I’m there.

Al: Lunch carving anytime. Maybe you, Adrian & I can all schedule a long lunch sometime & meet up. Sounds like a plan.

Spermy: Come to the carving party. We’ll give you the grand initiation. I’m not sure what that is, but it sounds good! Sharpen your chisels!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

[ This Message was edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2005-04-21 12:10 ]

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 12:10 pm   Permalink

Carving party sounds fun! Post the info and i will be there.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 12:35 pm   Permalink

Sounds great! Let's have it at my place.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 12:59 pm   Permalink

carving party would be great! i'd love to learn some tips from some of you that've been doing this longer and finally meet some more fellow tc folks

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-21 5:18 pm   Permalink

Ok this sucks. Your brother in Florida wants to come to a carving party.....
1 round trip plane ticket 700.00
Shipping of tools 300.00

Getting arrested for smuggling rum and chisels on a plane, priceless

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 08:53 am   Permalink

Carving Party! Will there be lots of rum to go along with those sharp chisels?

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 11:33 am   Permalink

I'm deferrng all carving party questions to PolyPop & Alnshelly - this is their gig. However, anything I can do to help out or contribute, let me know & I'm on it.

Now, we're off to Vegas for the weekend.

To be continued....

Aloha,

A-A

-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-22 5:29 pm   Permalink

Wipes tears of utter envy.

We are on the other coast. Maybe Ben and Gary could sponsor such a fine gathering from this coast and compare pics from each!

That would be soooo Kewel! Sounds like such fun!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 1:16 pm   Permalink

Well, here it is all roughed out & ready for burrs & sanding. This one will go out to a certain cool and very generous surf cat who lives in Santa Cruz. Shhhhh…. It’s a secret.

-Pablo Picasso

[ This Message was edited by: Aaron's Akua 2006-10-25 12:43 ]

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 2:35 pm   Permalink

Looks great..... Cant wait to see the eye

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 6:20 pm   Permalink

A.A.,

I'm on to you.
I'll see you on Saturday.
Great cyclops tiki.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-10 8:35 pm   Permalink

Loving that latest tiki. You got a nice clean style. Will tops when finished.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation