FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki on TV....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki on TV....
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-16 9:04 pm   Permalink

http://youtu.be/zBU-D4axFwk

Marilyn Monroe's TV Debut on the Jack Benny Program: Honolulu Trip - Season 4, Episode 1 (1953)

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-19 7:41 pm   Permalink

What could be cooler 1960's Pop Art than Batman and Tiki ??

In the 1966 first episode of the TV series, Batman visits the "What a Way to Go-Go" nightclub which had both Tiki torches and 2 large Tikis outside...

This episode was also significant for guest star (and future Bond girl) Jill St. John as well as introducing the Batusi dance craze.

Here's the YouTube clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMh_goPuhBo

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2011-06-19 19:49 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-19 8:49 pm   Permalink

Batman ....Sweet

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-26 6:16 pm   Permalink

An episode of Cheers shows Coach making his famous Kon Tiki Tiki drink complete with coconut mug. Spoiler alert- he throws the whole thing in a blender and destroys it.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 7:48 pm   Permalink

nothing came up in a search, so i don't think this has been mentioned and this thread
is probably the most appropriate.

one of the documentaries by aussie waterman Ben Cropp "Legends of the South Pacific"

touching on Vanuatu islands featuring; the vine jumpers, Micheners' inspirations and
writings, Blighs' visit during his epic journey back to civilisation following the
mutiny aboard HMS Bounty and other imagery of possible interest to TCers.

the youtube clip doesn't appear to be of very good quality and is unfortunately a
little short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4t1pnZknHI

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 08:42 am   Permalink

There is a bit from CBS Sunday Morning on TODAY\11-20-11, with BigBro and a brief history of tikiness. May be on website after today.

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 08:45 am   Permalink

I was surprised & very happy to watch that segment on CBS Sunday Morning.
Sven with my coffee, what a great way to start the day!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 2:22 pm   Permalink

Yeah. It made my Sunday. Didn't go too deep but it was nice to see.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 4:17 pm   Permalink

Yup, it's just the basics, ma'am, but one is grateful that there are no grave mistakes, or the use of words like "tacky" and "kitschy" in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDLC4jjwIf4

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 6:48 pm   Permalink

Tiki in a nutshell...very nice.

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 6:54 pm   Permalink

Maybe I'm just selfish, but I don't want it to return to popularity. When it becomes popular, it can become unpopular. Passe. Instead of being the cool guy with the retro tiki bar in the basement, we're the lame guys with last year's trend in the basement. It's not going to stop me from continuing, but it does make me wary of the building of trends.

View Profile of Potato. Send a personal message to Potato.  Goto the website of Potato.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-20 10:14 pm   Permalink

I wouldn't worry so much about that. The media has "discovered" the comeback of Tiki in regular intervals for some time now, since about ouh, 1995:

If it is still hip after 16 years, it will be so for an unforeseeable future. The Sufis have a saying "The Secret protects Itself".
(Otto is on my right, above, of course)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 06:06 am   Permalink

I was excited to see Sven yesterday morning as well, made my strawberry pancakes and bacon that much better!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-26 10:24 pm   Permalink

Psych "Psy vs Psy" Tikis behind the wet bar that Shawn's Dad is building in his house.

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/Psych-_543/season_2/episode_3/

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-27 05:43 am   Permalink

Just watched Dexter season 6, episode 5, and at 42:33 Dexters sister is looking at an apartment to rent and in the background you can see a yellow sign with blue writing that says Tiki Bar.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation