FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki on TV....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki on TV....
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 11:34 am   Permalink

Thanks Dusty, Someone paid a lot of attention to details and seemed to have
an affinity for Tiki on this episode.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 12:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-18 00:53, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Did anyone notice the Tiki Bar in the last episode of "Dexter"
real place or set?

ATP, it is a real bar. It was filmed at the Maui Sugar Mill Saloon in Tarzana. Not sure if there are really tikis inside or not. One piece actually kinda looked like BenZart's.

Erik the Red

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2012-10-18 12:25 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 3:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks Erik! to me it looked like an actual location (Bar)that was dressed to be more "Tiki"
one of the actresses was wearing a Sugar Mill Saloon T-shirt

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-10-18 4:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-11-27 05:43, swizzle wrote:
Just watched Dexter season 6, episode 5, and at 42:33 Dexters sister is looking at an apartment to rent and in the background you can see a yellow sign with blue writing that says Tiki Bar.

I live a block away from the Dexter and Rita house. It's in an area of Long Beach, CA called Bluff Park. One day my girlfriend saw John Lithgow quickly walking around the block which she thought was cool. Lots of 'Dexter' is filmed in Long Beach. 'CSI Miami' did quite a bit of filming here too.

Dexter does some filming at Alfredo's Kayak Kafe and it has tiki's sitting on the sand. I'll try to take some pics this weekend.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 6:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dusty for pointing out the significance of the Coco Palms Resort Hotel in the South Park episode

Do you want to know more?:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29331&forum=2&start=60&68

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-10-18 18:19 ]

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-18 12:06 pm   Permalink

Episode of American Dad ---For Black Eyes Only---has Stan Smith rescuing "Tear Jerker" from a prison on Easter Island. Has a brief closeup of Moais before pulling out to Long Shot.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-03-18 12:07 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-19 1:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grog

How did I miss this. I watch American Dad every week. I remember doing the dishes but the kids always give me an tiki alarm shout out but they tell me today they forgot. Thanks again.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-08 12:23 am   Permalink

Surprised this is not in the 2 or 3 Tiki on TV threads. I would do a search to see if it's in other threads but not sure what I would search for. Anyway...

The animated TV series
"The Critic" with main character, Jay Sherman, voiced by actor Jon Lovitz. It was created by writing partners Al Jean and Mike Reiss, who had previously worked as writers on The Simpsons. Jay Sherman has a son who goes to a "United Nations School" with students from different countries. One student is from Easter Island

YouTube: The Critic Season 2 episode 6

[ This Message was edited by: King Bushwich the 33rd 2013-04-08 00:24 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 10:01 pm   Permalink

I never noticed before tonight that Ron Swanson in the show "Parks & Rec" has a TiKi lamp in his office. I like his character and now...even more!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 10:54 pm   Permalink

Was watching Park & Recreation tonight also
so here is the "Ron Swanson" Tiki Mask that is in his office...

Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-24 9:03 pm   Permalink

On Bewitched, in the very first show, in Darren's office, a Tangaroa shows up, not to mention that dress.

[ This Message was edited by: Holler Waller 2013-05-24 21:04 ]

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-24 9:15 pm   Permalink

Wow...that whole room is great...and that dress is some wildness...may have to catch that show!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 9:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-18 16:32, tikilongbeach wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-11-27 05:43, swizzle wrote:
Just watched Dexter season 6, episode 5, and at 42:33 Dexters sister is looking at an apartment to rent and in the background you can see a yellow sign with blue writing that says Tiki Bar.

I live a block away from the Dexter and Rita house. It's in an area of Long Beach, CA called Bluff Park. One day my girlfriend saw John Lithgow quickly walking around the block which she thought was cool. Lots of 'Dexter' is filmed in Long Beach. 'CSI Miami' did quite a bit of filming here too.

Dexter does some filming at Alfredo's Kayak Kafe and it has tiki's sitting on the sand. I'll try to take some pics this weekend.

they shot an episode of dexter a block from my house one day. i live in hollywood. i know they do some interiors @ the gower studios, but that's about it. debra (dexter's sister on the show) is as skinny as a rail.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 11:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-24 21:03, Holler Waller wrote:
On Bewitched, in the very first show, in Darren's office, a Tangaroa shows up, not to mention that dress.

This might be an homage to the original film that inspired the "Bewitched" TV series, "Bell, Book & Candle":

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-25 03:08 am   Permalink

Another great movie Sven, plenty of primitive art in the gallery scenes also.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation