FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 8:52 pm   Permalink

Crap! I leave tomorrow for LA and might not have computer access to download and print my card. Al and Shelly, do you think you could print out a card for me and I will pick it up at your room? It would be much appreciated. Thanks and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 9:39 pm   Permalink

put tikihula and i down for 1pm-2:30pm on sat the 7th. X will mark the spot!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 9:49 pm   Permalink

Well, I told Mike he needed to register here at Tiki Central so he cold be an "official" TC'er and get in on the crawl. Be prepared for the grand-debut of "Volcanopants" at Tiki Central!

[ This Message was edited by: Hanalei_Pirate on 2005-05-02 23:12 ]

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 10:05 pm   Permalink

Volcanopants is a great name.

Cool

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-05-03 08:38 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 10:53 pm   Permalink

I intend to host Friday 2-4pm, so as not to clash with the 4-6 spot that's taken.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 11:02 pm   Permalink

Sorry for chiming in so late, but please count me, Tikivixen, and Bill in as crawlers.

He's actually not drinking, he's just my official designated...uh...support system.

Lisa aka tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:01 am   Permalink

I would love to be a-crawlin'! Point me to my card please! I want to laminate it!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-02 18:22, Tiki-bot wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-05-01 19:02, Monkeyman wrote:
Has there been a finalized crawl badge yet? How will it be distributed?

We'll just put up a new post saying "Pick up your badge AND free booze for lurkers and noobs in romm #xxx" and people will climb over their mothers to be there.

Well, what the hell, it is Mother's Day.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-02 21:49, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
Be prepared for the grand-debut of "Volcanopants" at Tiki Central!

Hell, we must be brothers. That's me {"Volcanopants"} after a session at Taco Bell.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 05:55 am   Permalink

I would like to crawl too, please.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 08:07 am   Permalink

Tina Dahling! Where you been hiding your luscious self?

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
isotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-03 08:20 am   Permalink

Countdown is on. Can't wait.

View Profile of isotiki Send a personal message to isotiki  Email isotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-02 18:44, Tiki Matt wrote:
There seems to be a lot of concern over 'unwanted' lurkers and newbes going for the free booze....

I wouldn't call my smack-talk "a lot of concern". I just think the whole practice of lurking here (not joining or participating prior to this thread) and then chiming in to say they'll be there to drink your booze is very rude.

SoCal TCers have some kind of social function just about every week where these new members could hook up and meet other TC folk if that's what they want to do. Granted, some new posters may be from places where tiki and/or TCers are non-existant, but that doesn't stop them from participating here on the forum before this thread.

I'm all for new people coming out and seeing what Oasis is all about, and I honestly don't think the room crawl should be some TC-only elitist event. (I want to clarify I'm talking about recently new members who have posted only to this thread, not ocassional visitors who have 10 or 20 posts who joined months or years ago.) All I'm saying is I think their behavior is rude. I only hope everyone has a bouncer in their room because people who only join TC so they can post they will be coming to your room for free drinks....well, we'll see how *that* goes.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-03 00:01, suburbanpagan wrote:
I would love to be a-crawlin'! Point me to my card please! I want to laminate it!

I'm not sure if my card will be laminated, but I know I will be shellac'd!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:53 am   Permalink

Now granted I have been on the boards for only a short while and don't post a great deal but I think some of this anti-lurker setiment could potentially chase a someone off who happened to stumble onto the boards recently.....now I have been to a few events...not many but a few and this is my first TO.......but if I just got on the boards and saw this type of talk and I was genuinly interested in meeting up with folks this might chase me off......

On the flip side I do understand where Tiki-bot is coming from......some are just here for the liquor and that sucks.....but isn't there always a couple like that at every party or event......

My Two Cents Pay No Attention

---------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Shocker
Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Shocker on 2005-05-03 09:57 ]

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation