FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » 1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 11:57 am   Permalink

Switch Crawl-Bot to "ON"!

I'm a little unclear on the time-frame for this. Will it be a true crawl, like going from one room to the next? Or is it more of an "open studios" thing where each server sets a time and we need to keep track of who's serving on what days? Sounds like a lot of work considering what condition my condition will be that weekend, but still fun!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 12:57 pm   Permalink

Eeek! Monkey man and Humu, I've been so guilty of not actively participating as much as I should. I've been doing more TC spying that posting, so Monkeyman you're comments struck an arrow through my heart. Last event I went to was Halloween at the PO.Not an excuse, but just a lot of stuff going on last year, I'm trying to do my part and contribute as much as I can--and that will not be just for the Oasis!

And I too will be pouring until the Martinis run out!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga-in-Chiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-28 1:00 pm   Permalink

Count me in as a crawler for sure!

I'd also like to host, but will be stuck at the Travelodge at the geographical edge of Oasis -- "Here be Dragons!".

I figure a better way to contribute, meet people, and at the same time learn from some master mixologists is to offer myself up as an official traveling bartender/barback for those hosts with a lot of volume that would like to take a break for a while, or just need someone to go on a booze run, clean up a bit, whatever.

I'm not sure how to handle the logistics of it, but if there are others who would like to help in this way, we could have a separate badge that indicates that we're available so that the hosts don't have to feel reluctant to ask for help when they really need it. And if we start getting burned out we can just put on the regular badge.

Sound like a good idea? I haven't been to Oasis before and maybe the volumes won't be so bad to make this an issue, but I thought I'd make the offer and see what you folks think...

Cheekily yours,

TiC

View Profile of Tonga-in-Chiki Send a personal message to Tonga-in-Chiki  Email Tonga-in-Chiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 1:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the latest input and suggestions!

If you are staying off-site of the Tropics and are planning to host. Let me know and we can try to get the word out. It would be awful to plan a party and have no one show because they couldn't find you! We won't let that happen!

Maybe I can make a master list of info and keep it with me at all times. Then I can become a walking, drinking supplier of possibly incorrect information!

Or maybe we could put a message board up somewhere at the Tropics where people could post their latest developments.

I will try to leave some space on the card for one's name. Otherwise how would we be able to tell them apart? Good thinkin' Shocker.

Cheekygirl. Not to worry! That post was certainly not directed at you!

Tonga N Cheeky, Excellent suggestion! Lending a hand is always appreciated, even if the offer is not taken up on, it is certainly nice to know you are there and your heart is in the right place.

Don't feel shy about asking your host if there is anything you can do or bring to the room either before, during or after! Donations of ice, booze, citrus, juice, cups, etc. are sure to be appreciated. Or lending a hand squeezing limes, making garnishes, measuring liquids,and multiplying amouts, filling cups with ice and of course, cleaning up etc. would surely be a big help! Who knows, a host might be so appreciative that, who knows, maybe you will get lucky or something! Just Kidding!

Now,back to the drawing board, literally!

Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2005-04-28 13:11 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 1:07 pm   Permalink

Me & my hubby will love to be crawling! We are trying to get a Pupu event going for Saturday and will bring some samples on the Saturday Dusk crawl!

Also, I would love to donate a bottle of BOOZE!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-28 1:57 pm   Permalink

Me, crawly crawly, too, pleeze!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikaAkua
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-28 2:29 pm   Permalink

Boy, am I late to the party! I would so love to be on said top secret crawl list. And if there's need of any libations, PLEASE put me down as a contributor & let me know!

I plan to suck up new mixological knowledge like a sponge... literally & figuratively, but not necessarily in that order.

View Profile of KikaAkua Send a personal message to KikaAkua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 3:10 pm   Permalink

is the travelogde and the sun on the same side of the tropics? or are they on opposite sides? sorry this is my first oasis so i wouldn't know. doesn't look like any of the other hosts are staying at the sun. perhaps hula and i should combine our effort with someone at the nearest motel to the sun.

me thinks i will make something in the style of grog. or maybe even blackbeard's ghost. hmmmm i'll have to ponder this a little longer.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 3:45 pm   Permalink

I will try and get a room near 135 downstairs and will again host the "Tiki Chillout Chamber" a low key hideaway from the raucus neighbors.

The tippling in the room will of the be non-alcoholic variety TBD

Open late nights Friday & Saturday

Your Ultra Style Guide for Modern Living!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Sooze

Posted: 2005-04-28 4:09 pm   Permalink

Oh please, please, with tiki sugar on it, count me in for the CRAWL! I would be happy to donate a bottle or two(of anything)to any good hearted host. Oh, and can I bring the hubby too, his name is Mr. Jamie TikiButt.

Thank you,
(~.~)Tiki Sooze

View Profile of Tiki Sooze Send a personal message to Tiki Sooze      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 4:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-28 11:57, Tiki-bot wrote:
Will it be a true crawl, like going from one room to the next? Or is it more of an "open studios" thing where each server sets a time and we need to keep track of who's serving on what days?

It's actually a combination of the two. Room Hosts set their own days and hours: morning, noon or night (or morning again!), any time from Thursday to Sunday. Crawlers check out the posted times on the Room Host doors and show up at those designated times. However, since there are certainly timeslots that are more "prime" than others, there's definitely the possibility of multiple rooms being open at the same time, and then you may find yourself crawling directly from one room (or hotel) to another!

Part of the fun is in the planning!

Okole Maluna!

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 5:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-28 15:10, the drunken hat wrote:
me thinks i will make something in the style of grog. or maybe even blackbeard's ghost.

(...banging fists on table)
Blackbeard's Ghost, Blackbeard's GhOOOooost

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 6:03 pm   Permalink

I'm bringing two 4 ft. resin folding tables, that will be used Fri. Night for the Grog Contest, but will only be using 1 for the Crawl. If someone needs to borrow it, for mixing up drinks they are more than welcome. First person who asks, will receive. All I ask is that you return it safe and sound after your hosting!

On another note, and sorry, this is off topic, Drunken Hat, have you considered entering in the Taste off? That grog would be perfect. I know you are staying at the Travelodge, but you are more than welcome to mix in my room, or I can store it for you in a cooler prior to the event.

And Shell, it was just my own guilt barking at me. No worries....

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yuk fu

Posted: 2005-04-28 6:37 pm   Permalink

Might there be room for one more, honey? (Well, two crawlers, actually, but one drinks, the other doesn't... Thanks, mateys!

[ This Message was edited by: yuk fu on 2005-04-28 18:38 ]

View Profile of yuk fu Send a personal message to yuk fu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 10:43 pm   Permalink

It's gonna be fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2005-04-29 13:33 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation