FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » 1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
1st Annual TikiCentral Oasis Crawl May 5,6,7 & 8 UPDATE: Drink Card pg. 10
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 11:14 pm   Permalink

Rebecca and I wanna host and crawl. We will probably make our Funky Monkey. Let your freak flag fly!

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-04-29 4:49 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap! Sounds like a party! It's not good to stay away from TC for too long. We would have been wondering where everyone was going. Count Mickee and me in for the crawl! Mrs. Fury will be in search of the Lemon Drop.

If I was a lurker or newbie going to Oasis......Hosting would be a great way to meet lots of fun people but we would love still love you for providing booze!

I need to get out of the house.............

Ooooooooaaaaaaaaaaasis!!!!!!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 5:32 pm   Permalink

Be on the lookout for the sign. I'm gonna try and rig it up in the window...

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 5:50 pm   Permalink

BonkoFury: Lemon Drop Martini, amongst other varieties of martinis (see above) Sat. 2pm-4pm in CheekyGirl Hut!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 7:00 pm   Permalink

Ummmm Matt.....
I think the date on your sign might be wrong.... The crawl is for 5/6

Unless you mean it's for Friday from 4:00 - 6:00 (sorry, I'm slow!!)

[ This Message was edited by: Moki on 2005-04-29 19:01 ]

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 10:33 pm   Permalink

Me & the Mrs. Akua will be happy crawlers.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-30 9:55 pm   Permalink

Count us in as two more crawlers!

Wish I could transport a little taste of the Lounge of the Seven Pleasures from one coast to the other, but not this year- not without a Tiki Teleporter, anyway.

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 1:25 pm   Permalink

This is the greatest idea -EVER, Dr. Z.... I only wish I was staying the weekend and had a room to play a host! You know me - would love to play bartender (famed for my Shrunken Skulls). I'll be signing up for the crawl - as you know I am there for Friday only (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know come dressed as a pirate) - some of you may have to volunteer to carry me back to my car to sleep it off!

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 1:56 pm   Permalink

[quote]
<<Besides, being an active participant on Tiki Central takes effort and time. Many of us read and POST almost daily THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE YEAR NOT JUST WHEN OASIS ROLLS AROUND. We take the time to get to know other Tiki Central members by attending other organized events, home parties, casual get togethers etc. We email eachother, catch up with a phone call, give gifts, etc..>>

Crap, I am a free-loader! Well actually I have been known to go to a few hoity toity events, helped people move and even bring alcohol or bartend (At Dr. Z's only!)... But lately I must admit I have been lax on posting and attending much of anything (can we tell someone is feeling guilty?)

But I promise NOT to be a one-man drain on the Oasis crawl..... I'm probably only good for about 2 or 3 drinks before I start to enter into unchartered waters - us pirates have to be careful what waters we sail into, but for you folks, I'll be throwing a good deal of caution to the wind! Me ship, the Private Reserve, arrives Friday for a one day only visit to who ever's bar may be hostin'-

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 2:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-28 12:57, CheekyGirl wrote:
Eeek! Monkey man and Humu, I've been so guilty of not actively participating as much as I should. I've been doing more TC spying that posting, so Monkeyman you're comments struck an arrow through my heart. Last event I went to was Halloween at the PO.Not an excuse, but just a lot of stuff going on last year, I'm trying to do my part and contribute as much as I can--and that will not be just for the Oasis!

And I too will be pouring until the Martinis run out!

Yeah, me too Cheekygirl - feeling pretty darned guilty - and I have you beat for non-attendance- haven't shown my face around since last Dr. Z's party July 31st... everyone knows I sold out to concentrate on getting into my pirate crew, the Port Royal Privateers
... then I sold them out to start school in January so NO ONE has seen my face around for along time.

[ This Message was edited by: Hanalei_Pirate on 2005-05-01 14:23 ]

Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 2:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-28 15:10, the drunken hat wrote:
me thinks i will make something in the style of grog. or maybe even blackbeard's ghost. hmmmm i'll have to ponder this a little longer.

I second it, make that a Blackbeard's Ghost!

[ This Message was edited by: Hanalei_Pirate on 2005-05-01 14:17 ]

Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-27 00:20, PiPhiRho wrote:
I'm willing to mix, but I'm at the Vagabond, not at the Tropics. If somebody with a room at the Tropics wants to sponsor me then we can do that. Otherwise, a walk to the Vagabond will be necessary. The drink I am considering is the Suffering Bastard.

This is just a suggestion, but I would suspect that alot of the enthusiasm for crawling will wain if the off-site hotels are not within easy walking distance. There is also the concern about driving (the DUI factor). If at all possible people who are offering to bartend off-site need to be located in nearby hotels, or perhaps (as some have already done here) on-site hotel rooms can be volunteered by persons at the Caliete used for the off-site hosts.

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-01 15:03, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
This is just a suggestion, but I would suspect that alot of the enthusiasm for crawling will wain if the off-site hotels are not within easy walking distance. There is also the concern about driving (the DUI factor). If at all possible people who are offering to bartend off-site need to be located in nearby hotels, or perhaps (as some have already done here) on-site hotel rooms can be volunteered by persons at the Caliete used for the off-site hosts.

Well, there's not a whole lot we can do about the location of the other hotels, and we're certainly not going to discriminate against any TCers wanting to participate as room hosts simply because they're "off-site". Invite us over, and we'll come over! As far as the DUI aspect, trust me, the only thing that is more valuable than ice at Oasis is your parking space! I highly doubt anybody is going to be driving anywhere that isn't absolutely essential once they've parked at the Tropics. As for myself, I'm actually lookin' forward to a nice stroll or two "outside the compound" to some of the other hotels.

Okole Maluna!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 5:57 pm   Permalink

Once, I arrive, my car is going to stay in that parking place! You are correct, the parking spots at the Tropics are pretty valuable. And I suspect there isnt' going to be much parking enforcement by the Tropics.

I think a walking stroll by the crawlers wouldn't be a bad idea, hum...maybe I'll bring my bike! Can you get a DUI for riding a bike tossed?

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-01 7:02 pm   Permalink

Has there been a finalized crawl badge yet? How will it be distributed?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation