FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Maikai Gents CD Now Available! *Photos Added To Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Maikai Gents CD Now Available! *Photos Added To Thread
Miss Mauna Loa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-20 9:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha, friends...

We're just about set to release "The Wiki Wiki Grog Shop." Once you hear it, you'll want to ami ami, oni oni, too! More news is imminent. I'm so excited!

-The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

View Profile of Miss Mauna Loa Send a personal message to Miss Mauna Loa  Email Miss Mauna Loa Goto the website of Miss Mauna Loa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 12:05 pm   Permalink

WELL?!?!

Do us East Coast TIki Revival artists have to carry this forum on our own?

I want a Mai Kai Gents CD - NOW!

....please?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-16 10:49 am   Permalink

Mahalo, Pablus

Sorry for the delay in getting this disc out there. I'll have an announcement in just a few days! Finally! It's become apparent that we're musicians, not business people. Thanks to all for being patient and sticking with us. Keep your eyes peeled right here on Tiki Central!

-Iuka Grogg

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-17 08:17 am   Permalink

I played a track from this CD on Friday's show (now streaming on www.wnti.org) and as i said on the air, i may have found my number 1 fave cd of the year. Bravo, MaiKai Gents. I'll be spinning that Cd a lot.

View Profile of uke jackson Send a personal message to uke jackson  Goto the website of uke jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
section 237

Posted: 2005-07-19 5:48 pm   Permalink

great tunes. i downloaded my copy from napster.

i heard a rumor that luka grogg once had bleached hair when he fronted the now defunct El Guapos. any truth to the rumor?

View Profile of section 237 Send a personal message to section 237      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 09:40 am   Permalink

Mahalo, Uke Jackson! Your positive comments put a big smile on my face. So glad you enjoyed the disc. Thanks for playing it on your show, too!

Aloha section 237! Seems as though a bit of my past may be catching up to me. If you were part of that nutty scene back in the day, send me a private message or an e-mail as it'd be fun to catch up. Long Wong's? As for the bleached hair, keep your eyes peeled at
www.mkgents.com for photos of our past coming later this summer. Then we'll know for sure!

-Iuka Grogg

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 10:48 am   Permalink

Just ordered mine.
How come it's not here yet?

How 'bout now?

I'm waiting.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-22 06:51 am   Permalink

Just ordered the CD and one of their snazzy (or should that be zazzy) T-Shirts.

can't wait, cheers Iuka

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 7:52 pm   Permalink

Pulled mine out of the mail box this morning- put a much needed smile on my face! mahalo!!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 9:17 pm   Permalink

What a great CD.
I have to say the MaiKai Gents featuring the Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa put the OK in Okolemaluna!!

And Iuka's Grogg is quite tasty, too.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 05:55 am   Permalink

Did you guys record that next to a beach, because I swear I hear surf through the whole thing.

VERY cool disc. From cover to cover. Mahalo!

TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-01 05:29 am   Permalink

Received the CD this morning, now on repeat here at work, love it!
cheers!

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-08-02 7:14 pm   Permalink

Cheers to Beachbum Berry for the Iuka Grog recipe!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 09:31 am   Permalink

I was lucky enough to get my copy of this great CD at the beginning of summer at the Judd's Hill wine release party in Napa. I have been listening to the CD all summer!! Especially love that Pineapple Princess number by the amazing Miss Mauna Loa, Okole Maluna (raising my wine glass now), Singing Surfriders, and Kanakapila. Of course, nothing is more fun than to watch them perform these live, but the sound quality on the CD makes you believe you are right there with them!

Thanks for the autographs too, Iuka and Miss Mauna Loa! Hope to see you soon again in the wine country!

Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-06 09:45 am   Permalink

Aloha and mahalo, gang! Thanks so much for the kind words. Sorry for the tardy reply, I'm just back from being on the road the past week.

Capt'n Skully: A smile on the face is a great reward for us. Thanks for letting us know.

Johnnie Velour: The "OKAY" in Okole Maluna! A rave review if I've ever heard one. Classic!

Pablus: Yes, The Wiki WIki Grog Shop is located near a beach. I hadn't even noticed that the sounds of the surf had seeped into the recording. Time to give it a listen with the headphones on. Thanks!

TikiSpecs: Thanks for spreading the spirit of aloha in the UK.

Rum Balls: Happy to hear you're enjoying Beachbum Berry's special concoction. That's a good one!

Tikiwinebear: Mahalo for the fine compliments and hope to catch up with you again soon.

Much aloha to all,

Iuka Grogg

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation