FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events My Tiki Oasis Experience was Great--all 40 minutes of it
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
My Tiki Oasis Experience was Great--all 40 minutes of it
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-07 4:32 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: CaseyJPS 2005-10-31 08:42 ]

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-07 5:22 pm   Permalink

Casey - I would have loved to have seen you at the Tiki Oasis this year, but I only had a day pass for Friday (graciously provided to me nearly at the last minute, since I had been so lax in planning my attendance). Although we've only met casually maybe once or twice, I know that you have become quite a fixture with the TC family. I haven't been a regular poster on TC since last summer, but even the few times I would check in to see what was brewing I would often find a post from you on some topic here. When I checked in to see what was brewing with Tiki Oasis a few weeks ago, I was saddened to read that management had changed hands and I wondered what happened to you and how you were doing. I am sad to hear how they are treating you and your partner(s) in the post-takeover. I know many here will agree with my sentiments when I say that whatever may come, I hope that you will remain part of the tiki community and Tiki Central.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-07 5:44 pm   Permalink

I don't know the ins and outs of what has been going on with the changing of the guard at the Caliente so perhaps I am being pre-mature by jumping in with my opinion but the more I think about them coming down there and taking you off the property, the more pissed off I get - there is no call for that. These people don't seem to have an ounce of decency- how does it hurt them to allow you to hang out on the property and enjoy some good times with your friends?! I suppose they were afraid of what you might tell the hotel guests about what has been going on..... no matter, I still think it was very petty move on their part. What do they think the hotel guests will think of them now that they've all witnessed your removal? Whatever you (Casey) might have said about them to some of your friends at the event, pales in comparison to what they and alot of other guests at the hotel (who knew nothing of any of this) probably now think of them now.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 02:28 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: CaseyJPS 2005-10-31 08:41 ]

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 08:57 am   Permalink

Sorry your Tiki Oasis didn't turn out the way you liked. Mine was good, I had a great time, best year ever! Otto, Baby Doe, Matteo, everybody, they all rock!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2005-05-08 1:14 pm   Permalink

Casey: I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!!

I know that this sentiment can only go so far, but I also know that it is a sentiment held by a zillion people here.

My own Oasis weekend was spent not at Oasis. I am sad about that. I am thirsting for the reports and pictures to come in. Did TikiBare pull an appearance?

Casey: you have the head, the heart, the experience, and a fundamental love of our collective cause. You are a prime mover in this space, and prime movers almost never stay down for any great length of time... regardless of anyone else's attempt at derailing them. So you take that and you rock with it... the tiki world is already ready for your triumphant return. I don't doubt that you have interesting things up your sleeve.

mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2005-05-08 1:18 pm   Permalink

Incidentally, the CT page on TripAdvisor is:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32847-d219654-Reviews-Caliente_Tropics_Resort-Palm_Springs_California.html

There are some interesting reviews there.

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 6:52 pm   Permalink

Casey,

You were definitely missed. Sorry to hear that you are being treated so poorly by your former employer. I am sure it must be painful.

Now that Oasis is over my hope is that you can move on and AWAY from this dispute and continue to participate as an active member of Tiki Central. Caliente Tropics or not you are a valued contributor and long time supporter of Tiki Central.

Oasis 2005 did not disappoint. I had a great time and always enjoy hanging out with my friends and meeting new ones.

Oh and one more thing.....

Aaaaarrrrrrrrr!

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 9:25 pm   Permalink

Casey, I wish I had the chance to at least say hi to you during your brief visit. Next time I'm in the desert area, I hope we can meet up.

Best wishes to you!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 10:35 pm   Permalink

Casey, the way the new management treated you is simply appalling. I intend to let them know what I think,by hook or by crook (arrr!). (And also, grrr!!!) Like Hanalei Pirate (it was cool to meet you HP, by the way), I just get madder the more I think about it.

I'm so sorry, and sorry too I didn't get to see you! But I will buy you a drink at Hukilau, or my name's not Tikivixen. And I too can't wait to see what projects you embark upon next.

Which reminds me, don't know if it's up your alley, but the Palm Springs Film Noir Festival is less than a month away, so if you feel like dropping in for a charmingly dark movie experience, PM me and we'll meet up! My *other* favorite PS event .

Good luck to you always, dear, and once again, you have my heartfelt sympathy and support.

Lisa, aka tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 10:58 pm   Permalink

Casey, that really really sucks. Heard about it from Pete, couldn't believe it!
What were they thinking, you would steal the hotel, or incite the masses? Chain yourself to the soda machine and start a hunger strike? As if it was not enough punishment for you to see the Oasis happening without being part of it!
I was happy to be there the first time in three years, but I sure missed your happy smile while watching the Tiki children at play. You were the best host, Mahalo for all the years I was fortunate to be your guest.
I sure hope justice will prevail.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 11:43 pm   Permalink

I heard about it from Otto on Saturday night and my jaw just about dropped open. (Nice use of the Palm Springs city resources, btw.) And I do think you are right that it wil only make the current owners/managers look bad. The management did not seem very professional as we checked in. They were busy in the background being rude to a caller who thought they had a room at the Tropics (they had been on the waiting list) but instead had one at the Royal Sun. Whoever was right, the blond lady on the phone just seemed nasty about it to the caller on the line. Not to mention all within ear range of people just checking in. They were also kinda stingy with the late check-outs. Even threatening to tack on extra charges if you were so much as a few minutes late.

Regardless, I totally understand Casey needing to comment further on the situation. People really wanted to know. (Not to mention it being an opportunity to vent on a personal level. We all need that at some point. Especially after what Casey went through! ) And we will let our keyboards speak for us.

Meanwhile, I believe that all the good mana that Casey put out there will only come back to him in time. So many want to see that happen.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikaAkua
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-09 12:29 am   Permalink

Wacky! I know nothing of this story, the history, or what happened. None of it surprises me, however. I didn't arrange my accomodations, but I heard many stories of how things got contstantly changed & turned around, culminating in this morning where a bunch of us came back from breakfast to find our keys no longer worked. I hope whoever really is in control of the situation there fixes it. I love the place, and everything else about what everyone did for the event was simply perfect. I'd hate to lose the venue, but they really shouldn't be screwing around with such a dependable annual resource as Otto's big party. That ain't right.

Nice meetin' y'all, though. What a truly awesome bunch of people. Can't wait 'til next year, wherever it may happen!

View Profile of KikaAkua Send a personal message to KikaAkua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-05-09 1:55 pm   Permalink

I was glad we got to say hello. Sorry about that whole situation. We did not stay at the Tropics so don't know much about the new management. I thought the Travelodge (Thursday) was better than The Vagabond (Fri-Sat). We had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks to all the room hosts for drinks (and food). Some very cool stuff in the vending area. Weather was good.....not too hot. Hope to do it again.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 2:13 pm   Permalink

Casey, I know I can speak for Christie as well as myself when I say that you are still, and always will be, a VIP at Hukilau, at least.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation