FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Baffles me! Why not more responses to THOR art lately????
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Baffles me! Why not more responses to THOR art lately????
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 12:11 pm   Permalink

Benz though this is endless.. a good reason this thread continued as long as it did was becaue I explined a lot of that earlier and everyone was not convinced I was the monstera few of you enjoy creating. I came to try to understand how I might contribute to this site..and was producing almost all the art you have seen here just the past year to 9 mos.
I was not "particiating" more because I was building a purpose..a quantity of work. My intent was to then..after feeling like I had a strong set of work to share here like many of you do..could fit in far better.
I saw art here and was tryin to get to a point where I had a signiture of my own. Don't think because I was doing this and asking feedback from a tiki mainstream here who were far ahead of me in focusing on this theme that that means I am "selfish". You use that to cast a stone at my intent and you are off base!!
The last post was about more than my work..it was about my persna. Get over it!! Let's agree there was misunderstaning on ALL parts and move on and try to make art!!

~~~THOR

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 1:14 pm   Permalink

You are the only person here who has made you out to be a Monster. You can say you understand all you want, but if you want to fit in here you just Participate. Thats All. You want anyone to understand you? Participate. Share. Join in some threads that are about Others art work or about others ideas, or likes, or needs. Answer a question on someon elses post. Thats all. You cannot Tell us you fit in, or that you understand how we work now. We don't demand anything from anyone. There are many members here that have NO Art at all and are not artists and they are part of the family. Infact the artists here are the minority. You don't have to be an artist or have a warehouse full of art to fit in. All you have to do is JOIN IN. Don't make excuses. Don't defend yourself, you're not on trial. The more you try to defend yourself the more it looks like you are up to something and I don't think that is the case.
Don't worry about getting feedback on your art. If thats all you are looking for you are at the wrong place. Post your art to SHARE it with us, to show us something we may like, with no strings. You will get feedback.
The longer this post goes the harder it will be for you to become part of the "family".
You cannot lock this post only moderators can do that and until it gets ugly, or distasteful, they will not lock it. Locking it will not change the way you fit in. Why not just come on in, relax awhile. Read and answer a few posts and mingle with everyone. Get to know people. We are her to love and be loved, help and be helped. Don't say anymore, just come on in!

You Can Edit a Locked thread!

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-12-23 13:50 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-13 13:14, Benzart wrote:
The longer this post goes the harder it will be for you to become part of the "family".

I dunno Benz, seems to me that one is not part of the TC ohana until they've been involved in a thread like this.

All in good fun. I think everyone gets the point ... welcome (back) to TC, Thor!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 1:47 pm   Permalink

seems to me it's like a right of passage here to get SPANKED just a thought ,i could be wrong TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 2:28 pm   Permalink

Hanford and Tikki D!! I think you hit the nail on he head!! I envisioned this scene..I come in this lounge called tiki central.. I Say..HEY ya all..I think I am doin' real good out there with this Tiki stuff..I hear you guys live and breath this so I come to you..and I want your opinion and want to be part of this!!
Then..in a "fun way" this group comes up..pulls my pants down to my ankles and paddes me good (with a very well carved tiki paddle I might add at least) till my ass gleaams like a lava flow in August!
Well..I still am hurtn' and confused..a bit pissed..and ya, think there is a far better way to initiate a newby..like force feed me rum and fruitjuice... But, what do I do now?? Say, "Thank you ..can I have another??? Haaaaa Ok..I will if that's the gig..there are enough here I really enjoy interacting with to make it worth the sting. Butt, just wait till I get that padle in hand!!!
Also, ..how do I make smiley faces so people know when I am serious or not like you guys..as a side note!!
"standng" by(with a sore pair of buns,
~~ THOR
p.s Hanford..did you let this thread go on cus you enjoyed seeing me squirm for mercy??? (insert YELLOW smiley face here)

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-13 15:45 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 2:40 pm   Permalink

For the "Whose post will Thor's post on (but not his) pool" I am putting $5 on Beachin's on Monday the 16th at 8am pst.
:)

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 2:46 pm   Permalink

no comment on that one....except Raffertiki..you are waaaaaaaay late on the action... it's done! go make art!!!

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 2:49 pm   Permalink

so who won?

and notice I left a :)

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 3:26 pm   Permalink

i mean the YELLOW ONES!!!!

McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 6:15 pm   Permalink

nevermind

[ This Message was edited by: McDougall on 2005-05-13 18:15 ]

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 08:23 am   Permalink

I usually avoid threads like this, although I think they are hilarious. Once they get started there is generally no winning - back and forth, etc.. But this one seems to be ending on an up note and I'm so glad. Thor it looks like you are learning a lot about Tiki Central in this post, and I can tell you it is a great place to share information.

I would love to see you start a new post really about some specific techniques - if you'd care to share - your work is so terrific I'd love to hear about say, how you start a painting and what steps you take to build it up; like do you start with the sky and then paint in the landscape on top of it? Or does it vary from painting to painting? This kind of stuff is interesting (at least to me) and we can all learn a little from each other on posts like that.

I think I was the one that introduced Thor to Tiki Central a while back. I have known him for some years and as another artist I've always really admired his work. Thor in person is one of the nicest, mild mannered and - dare I say charming - guys youd ever want to meet and I'm thrilled that he is doing so well now. I hope this is the beginning of a long and great INDEPENDANT career for him. Like me, he slaved away for the entertainment industry for years, knocking himself out trying just to please the knucklehead managers, only to be laid off at their whim.

To see one of our own artistic creative people make a good living off their art is really an inspiring thing. We deserve it you know - I think artists are tremendously undervalued in this country - especially when you look at what people charge for other kinds of work. We work just as hard dont we? I know a plumber who drives a Jaguar. Arent we just as valuable to society? I think every one of us tiki artists ought to double our prices right now!

Oh my Im really going off on a tangent, sorry.

My best to Thor and continued success.

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 09:54 am   Permalink

Thanks Paul!! I look forward to some old fashioned tik trades soon!! Have a cold one on me!

~~THOR

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 10:19 am   Permalink

Threads like this are like the thinking man's Jerry Springer. Sometimes I'm ashamed to read them, and yet I cannot look away.

THOR,

I'd like to see your visual interpretation of this entire arguement/conversation.

That's my idea for you next painting.

I'm completely serious.

Tiki-Kate

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 11:00 am   Permalink

PlEASE don't get me in the tiki kettle again Kate!!! SHEESH!! I am still icing my gluteus from a few days ago!!!

I do have a fun idea though!! A draw duel!!! We did this at Disney a few times and the floor was wet from people peeing their pants with laughter!! We forgot totally about grudges!! Garantees that everyone has a chance to duel (totally in fun) with the sword of th mighty pencil!!

Heres how it works! Everyone draws a scene ..or just a person they are thnk they are pissed with or had a debate with or whatever. This is designed to disarm any of this ego crap on all sides and be kids that play well together in the same sandbox.

This really applies GREAT here cus we have no idea what the other person look like.or at least I don't. It's a good lesson in how we create this character we react to based on farbication at times..and I would LOVE to be roasted and roast others this way!! I can take it!! Ya gotta be a VERY GOOD sport though!!! This is all in fun!!!

Now, am I taking a baseball bat to a hornets nest here or is this something TC'ers can let go with? This is not necessarily about this thread or me...so PLEASE don't accuse me of "trolling " for more attention. start a whole new Topic for this. It can be about any other TC'er you want to envision or characterize in a sketch..then scan it of photograph it..all levels of drawing..I have seen the funniest ones done by people where I worked gone by secretaries that NEVER drew!!

OK..YOU started this Tiki-Kate!..so if it causes a frenzy in any ones threads YOU take the Padde this time!!! (that smile thing right about here}

P.S I am sick of this threadlike everyone else.so again..start aother if we do this game...

~~~~THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's on 2005-05-14 11:06 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 6:17 pm   Permalink

I envisage a group of cannibal monkeys dancing around a big cauldron with bannanas and a thor monkey in it! A bit darker than your Disney work, I'm guessing.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation