FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2nd Semi-Annual Carving Seminar, May 28th-Oceanside
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
2nd Semi-Annual Carving Seminar, May 28th-Oceanside
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 1:26 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-13 2:56 pm   Permalink

BTW where does one find a log? If you know what I mean?

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 03:09 am   Permalink

Would love to be there. But I don't carve. And I live on the other side of the world...

Good luck and make sure you post plenty of picks - the last one looked tops!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 08:00 am   Permalink

Sounds Fun. Count me in. I have some Cedar logs i could bring for anyone who wants to give it a try?

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 08:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-16 08:00, tikimecula wrote:
Sounds Fun. Count me in. I have some Cedar logs i could bring for anyone who wants to give it a try?

Tikimecula, where did you get the cedar? Can you bring one of those for me? I'd be interested in giving one of those a try. I'll also bring some of that Aerated Concrete Block that
Aaron's Akua mentioned here. Maybe we can do a trade of equal sizes?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 09:03 am   Permalink

PolynesianPop, They are untreated Telephone poles one of my buddies got for me. I carved one with OK results. I think i have 3 left all about 4-5 feet tall, I'll bring em all.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 1:07 pm   Permalink

Hey Tikimecula,

Do you know where your buddy picked up those cedar poles? Ever since Rodeotiki posted his
Trip to The Pole Farm story, I've been trying to figure out where in SoCal these poles can be had.

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 5:52 pm   Permalink

The Velours will be there!

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-16 13:07, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Hey Tikimecula,

Do you know where your buddy picked up those cedar poles? Ever since Rodeotiki posted his Trip to The Pole Farm story, I've been trying to figure out where in SoCal these poles can be had.

Aaron

He works for SDG&E. I had heard there was a pole farm in Corona somwhere. The guy who built my Palapa, told me that is where he gets his and said they had all sizes. I will see if i can get the name of the Biz and let you know. He also said they are expensive.

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 10:13 pm   Permalink

That would be great, thanks TM!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 10:39 pm   Permalink

I'd love to check this out! A great carving primer to go with my new acquisition of logs and a visit to the legendary Lagoon Room! I'll bring some candles for the bar! (and a half carved log of course! I just know I'll get inspired!)

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 08:45 am   Permalink

Sounds like a great time!! We'll see you there.
Aloha,
'OnaTiki & Moki

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 6:18 pm   Permalink

Sooooooo jealous! For some of us poor slobs that can't be there, pics and/or video would be very much appreciated!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-18 6:18 pm   Permalink

Sooooooo jealous! For some of us poor slobs that can't be there, pics and/or video would be very much appreciated!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 10:53 am   Permalink

OK, my wife's agreed to come! She's going to bake a carrot cake for the Pot Lock, & I'll make something, too, I just haven't decided what.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation