[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Question on The Tiki's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 ) Remove Highlighting
Question on The Tiki's
Nightmaretony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-03 07:30 am   Permalink

We lost both , the monterey park location is now a public storage place. Doies theDVD have good footage of the older park? One picture is mentioned for the book and some text, but thats it....

View Profile of Nightmaretony Send a personal message to Nightmaretony  Email Nightmaretony Goto the website of Nightmaretony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 07:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-03 06:53, DawnTiki wrote:
Tiki Archeology

Dank U! I don't know how I missed it...

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 08:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-03 07:30, Nightmaretony wrote:
Does the DVD have good footage of the older park?

Yes

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 08:52 am   Permalink

...and a very nice interview with Danny B.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 11:03 am   Permalink

Correction: The Tiki Archeology interview with Danny and all the live footage were shot at the Lake Elsinore "Tikis", the second one, the one that never opened.

In the Book of Tiki, all the photos with dancers in it are of old postcards and brochures from the first "Tikis" in Monterey Park, all others of Tiki statues and remnants are from the SECOND in Lake Elsinore....simply because when I began my research, the first "Tikis" was long gone.

When the first one was around, no one went around photographing all the TIKIS...sheesh, what a WEIRD idea!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2005-10-03 11:08 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 11:16 am   Permalink

Oops! Sorry, I missed that they were looking specifically for Monterey Park footage. The intereview with Danny is great wherever it is

Nightmaretony
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-04 07:00 am   Permalink

I'll take both, lead me to your book and DVD, come next paycheck, as in this friday!

drove by the paintball park. Front gate closed was old wood, already threw me ghosts of what was, what could have been...

maybe the world can use a tiki haunted house? never been done before

[EDIT] Bleah, the 8 ball store wont take my shopping wants! Do you have it on Ebay perhaps?

[ This Message was edited by: Nightmaretony 2005-10-04 07:02 ]

View Profile of Nightmaretony Send a personal message to Nightmaretony  Email Nightmaretony Goto the website of Nightmaretony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 11:07 am   Permalink

Errr....I was afraid that that might be the next question.
'Fraid you will have to wait a while for the DVD, since the last batch is all sold out, and I am currently marooned on the exotic shores of the Bavarian Alps. No rescue in sight until Christmas either.

But I owe two more copies from doing trade business at the Oasis, so once back, I will get cracking at making more.

And I am certain the remaining landscaping of the Tikis/paintball park would make good haunted house environs!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-05 07:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-04 11:07, bigbrotiki wrote:
Errr....I was afraid that that might be the next question.
'Fraid you will have to wait a while for the DVD, since the last batch is all sold out, and I am currently marooned on the exotic shores of the Bavarian Alps. No rescue in sight until Christmas either.

Oooh, stuck in Barvaria for Octoberfest? How terrible! I know you miss everyone here, and everyone here misses you, but there are worse times & places to be stuck in (February in Chicago leaps to mind, as does August in South Texas). Enjoy a nice beer, sing a song or two, laugh for a few minutes and we'll do the same. Let me know when you're doing it & I'll try to coordinate a visit to Karl Strauss' Brewery Gardens for the same time.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 5:59 pm   Permalink

A while ago I was talking to a friend at work about carving tikis and she asked me if I had ever heard of the "the tiki's" in Monterey Park. She said that she, her husband and some friends decided to check it out one night. All she could remember from the experience was that there was TONS of mediocre food, and tikis everywhere. She said it was over the top of being way over the top - an experience that really stood out as one of a kind. I promply brought in my copy of the BOT and showed her the tiki's section and she was blown away that polynesian pop was this popular.

A few weeks later, she gave me this photocopy:

(damn shutterfly cropping this...is there somewhere else I can upload this so it doesn't cut off the edges?)

She told me that she had made a photocopy of the original paper add for the weekend that she went (she doesn't have the original clipping - I already asked) but she was surprised that she still had this.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 8:32 pm   Permalink

I was talking to my father inlaw and they had been to the one in monterey park for some partys for there work said it was realy neat Huge too stage seating inside and out . Man whish I coulda gone .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation