[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge If you sell to me on ebay, your Grandmother might die
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
If you sell to me on ebay, your Grandmother might die
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 12:48 am   Permalink

Or your Aunt. And real quick like, as in during the time that you are supposed to be shipping me my item(s). Just wanted to forwarn you.

Geez, how many times am I going to hear this lame ass excuse from ebay sellers?!? It's like the common excuse from every bad seller I've encountered on ebay, at least the last 5 sour transactions that have happened. Are they all in collusion in conspiring against my ebay purchases? At least come up with an original excuse, like "The Dog Ate Your Tiki" or something.

I dunno, maybe it could be that my ebay voodoo curse will reach out and drain the life out of your dear ol' Grandma if you sell to me on ebay. Just a forwarning. Ask Limptiki - he'll vouch for my ebay voodoo curse!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 05:44 am   Permalink

I had a guy tell me that he was really impacted by last year's hurricanes and couldn't get to the post office. When I got the package, it was from North Dakota.

I'm in FL, so he would have been smarted to say that he sent it, but it was delayed by the post office because of hurricane's OR come up with a better lie!

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 4:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-14 00:48, Mai Tai wrote: At least come up with an original excuse, like "The Dog Ate Your Tiki" or something.

I had a seller tell me that her puppy chewed up the mask I won. I was highly suspicious as the mask had a Buy It Now about five times what I won it for. I kept watching her auctions to see if she relisted it but she never did.

I'm quite sure she did lie. Her email to me was pretty flippant: "I have to cancel this auction. I just went to wrap your mask and saw the puppy chewed it up, sorry." I should've told her I'd take it anyway, chewed up or not just to watch her squirm. Scumbag.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-14 6:13 pm   Permalink

Should have asked for photographic evidence that it had been chewed. She would probably say it was already in the bin anyway...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 8:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-14 16:59, Kono wrote:
I had a seller tell me that her puppy chewed up the mask I won.

Good thing I wasn't the purchaser of that item. The puppy would have surely died from chewing on the mask, and then the Grandma too from the shock of seeing her precious pooch make such an untimely demise.

I can hear the excuses now... "My Grandma died from seeing her puppy die from chewing on the mask that your cursed soul purchased from me on ebay..."

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 11:20 pm   Permalink

Aw geez....I read your thread, thought about selling you something and my puppy just died, while choking on a tiki. You are cursed!

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 1:39 pm   Permalink

Don't worry, my buyers also have family members die at an alarming rate. I always check to see if they kept on buying items on ebay during their troubled times, and sure enough, they did...

It seems such tragedies only stop you from paying, not bidding.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 3:34 pm   Permalink

Yep, those tragedies stop you from paying, and shipping too. One must keep bidding, however - the retail therapy of bidding helps you to get over your grief of lost loved ones.

SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-17 3:38 pm   Permalink

I also get the line "PLEASE don't give me negative feedback! My husband packed the item." when I have received broken things in the mail.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 11:33 am   Permalink

Oh thats a new one!
I get annoyed by sellers who dont leave me positive feedback until I receive the leave them postiive feedback. In my opinion, if I paid on itme and paid properly and wasn't a jerk, then I should get positive feedback. Pronto.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 11:54 am   Permalink

TikiFish
GREAT eBayer. Real pleasure to do business with. Highly recommend. Would do business with again. A++++++++

[ This Message was edited by: MachTiki on 2005-05-19 14:08 ]

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-19 6:49 pm   Permalink

To all errant ebay sellers, I have only one thing to say:

"It puts the lotion on the skin, or it gets the hose again!"

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 11:49 am   Permalink

This isn't about eBay, but I work at a design/ad agency, and we are using a fairly well know illustrator to do a big project for us, and he just missed a deadline because of a death in the family. Interesting, because I worked at a different agency 4 years ago, and we used him for a project at that firm, and, yep, he missed a big deadline, because of a death in the family!

Moral of the story, if an agency I work for hires you to do illustration work, make sure all family members have their life insurance paid up!

Oh yeah, this guy is a complete jerk, and I warned my current bosses about his history, and they ignored my advice. But they did allow me one chorus of "I told you so", which was kind of satisfying!

[ This Message was edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-06-23 11:52 ]

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 1:20 pm   Permalink

Mai Tai, the power is strong with you...

Although my family was in perfect health when you purchased an eBay item from me, the day after I shipped it my great nephew had a fever spike of 104. I picked up his father (who lives in Florida) at the airport and drove him to the hospital in Sacramento (where his mother lives). Turns out the little man (he is only 6) had an appendicitus that went into pneumonia. We just brought him home today.

I need a drink.

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 1:44 pm   Permalink

After 4 weeks of waiting for a payment for an auction, I politely e-mailed guy and asked if he still wanted the item. (Auction stated payment must be received within 14 days. He never responded to previous e-mails). I got this response

Quote:
i have been the hospital and i did not forget you i will send payment out tomorrow......thank you

I turned him in today, 6 weeks and counting...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation