FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » What is your favorite bad horror movie?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
What is your favorite bad horror movie?
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-23 12:45 am   Permalink

Beware....THE BOOGENS!

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-29 5:44 pm   Permalink

I'm getting set to experience I BOUGHT A VAMPIRE MOTORCYCLE and DEATH BED: THE BED THAT EATS!
Wish me luck.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-13 6:01 pm   Permalink

Deathbed is far, far beyond being a bad movie.

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-14 5:29 pm   Permalink

Black Sheep - the best of the worst!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-14 8:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-14 17:29, BettyBleu wrote:

Which one?
Chris Farley? or New Zealand?

I really enjoyed the New Zealand Black Sheep, laughed my butt off!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-15 08:13 am   Permalink

I haven't yet seen
"Shrooms"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhwiT6eedc
or
"The Human Centipede" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8fKLjC__c

Both look pretty terrible, but are they bad bad or good bad
anybody?
they are both in my local DVD store and cannot decide, last time I hired a horror movie I got "Antichrist" out, not knowing what I was in for.
Shocked and nearly bored to death at the same time

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ryan Partridge

Posted: 2010-11-15 10:33 am   Permalink

Sting of Death is a classic with the killer being half-man/half-jellyfish. Plus it has a groovy song written by Neil Sedaka about a happening new dance called, "The Jellyfish".

And it doesn't get much better than this one.

View Profile of Ryan Partridge Send a personal message to Ryan Partridge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-15 9:40 pm   Permalink

i have always wondered how they got rosie greer in that 1st gen honda.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-15 9:55 pm   Permalink

Loved the movie Troll when I was a kid -- our family still calls 'em ratburgers -- but recently I watched it and Troll 2. The original Troll had SONNY BONO *and* JUNE LOCKHART, so you'd think it'd be hard to top, but... Troll 2 was life changing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_2

Catch it on Hulu or Netflix if you can. Haven't seen the documentary about Troll 2 yet (titled "Best Worst Movie").

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-15 10:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-14 20:34, Heath wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-11-14 17:29, BettyBleu wrote:

Which one?
Chris Farley? or New Zealand?

I really enjoyed the New Zealand Black Sheep, laughed my butt off!

Both scary ... but I was talking about the NZ. Pretty funny!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-16 03:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-06 14:26, TikiGardener wrote:
Devil Girl From Mars

Probably started my fetish for statuesque women in tight vinyl outfits.

Pop quiz, why is this film important to British Tiki fans?

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-20 01:29 am   Permalink

Did anyone ever see "War of the Gargantuas"? It's similar to Godzilla, but they are Godzilla sized monkey-men.

There's an awesome scene in a groovy 60's nightclub, and the lounge singer on stage gets grabbed and eaten by the Green Gargantua. He also spits out her dress on the stage when he gets done.
You will be forever haunted by her horrible vocal ("but the words get stuck in my throat...")

On board for the ride is a completely monotone Russ Tamblyn as a scientist who raised one of the Gargantuas, and is trying to save the good one.

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-20 07:46 am   Permalink

Nothing can touch "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavera", but it may not count because it's a spoof of a really bad horror movie. The writer/director Larry Blamire still doesn't seem to get the idea that if you MAKE a really bad horror movie, no matter how insightful, funny, and dead-on retro it is, people will TREAT it like a really bad horror movie. Meanwhile, most people don't "GET" his films, they laugh nervously when they watch them and steal glances at other audience members to see what they think...

No matter how brilliant Larry Blamire is, it's still taking a really long time for people to hear about what he's doing!!!!

The climax of the film:

Evil plots:

The other climax of the film:

Our heroes:

The astounding Animala!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe9Fs10IIk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWrcsE72Lnk&feature=related

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-20 8:04 pm   Permalink

Hehe, I just watched the Lost Skeleton Returns Again. Both films are really funny, but you have to be in a certain mood.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-20 8:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-20 01:29, Jungle Ginger wrote:
Did anyone ever see "War of the Gargantuas"? It's similar to Godzilla, but they are Godzilla sized monkey-men.

There's an awesome scene in a groovy 60's nightclub, and the lounge singer on stage gets grabbed and eaten by the Green Gargantua. He also spits out her dress on the stage when he gets done.
You will be forever haunted by her horrible vocal ("but the words get stuck in my throat...")

On board for the ride is a completely monotone Russ Tamblyn as a scientist who raised one of the Gargantuas, and is trying to save the good one.

Good call Nancy!

If you have seen that film, have you ever seen Mantango (I think that was the original Japanese title, or as it is commonly known, "Revenge of the Mushroom People")

There is a great scene when someone eats a mushroom and has a psychadelic trip and he sees the Las Vegas lights.

But is creeped me out as a kid

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation