FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » What is your favorite bad horror movie?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
What is your favorite bad horror movie?
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-21 01:14 am   Permalink

Hey Chippy!

I think I saw parts of that, and it is very weird, very creepy and hard to follow.
Some of the Japanese horror movies started getting very strange in the late 60's/early 70's.

I think alot of the filmakers started experimenting with drugs, which made for some hard to follow plots.

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-21 4:26 pm   Permalink

The Green Slime is another strange Japanese/American/German sci-fi flick. Great theme song though.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-22 03:27 am   Permalink

ATP says this is one of his favorite bad movies as well.

We also discovered that this was an early film for the same director who would go on to direct the infamous "Battle Royale".

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-25 12:04 am   Permalink

One must not discount the joys that is Beware! the Blob (aka Son of the Blob),King King Lives!, and Shakuma! (the best killer simian movie ever featuring a cast member of The Blue Lagoon). On a side note, watched The Lost Boys 3: The Thirst thinking it would be a good waste of time and found myself liking quite a bit as a decent follow up to the first one. But avoid Lost Boys 2 at all costs!!!!!

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-27 2:49 pm   Permalink

"All quantities of horror have their ultimate, and I am that."

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-27 3:29 pm   Permalink

Criminally Insane aka Crazy Fat Ethel, this film that introduced me to drive Inn theater culture and I couldn’t have asked for a better picture. It looks like it was filmed with a 8mm Brownie and a set that makes an Ed Wood film look like Terry Gilliam movie.

A recently asylum patience moves in with her grandmother and when she is denied food goes on a killing spree and puts the bodies in a empty bedroom. Through it all we see amazing scenes of gluttony, meat cleaving deaths of very unconvincing mannequins, black humor and acting that sounds like everyone is half asleep. At the end she runs out of food the cops find her in the backroom feasting on her victims, unforgettable, and clocks in at 61 mins. But avoid the sequel it's all rehash, and dream sequences.

[ This Message was edited by: naugatiki 2010-11-27 15:32 ]

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-03 12:01 am   Permalink

I've heard of that one, it sort of reminded me of Killer Nerd. Just got Vampire Gilr vs Frankenstien Girl in the mail. Cant wait to check that out this weekend.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation