FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 3:28 pm   Permalink

I wlll be in Dallas later this week and am looking forward to once again stopping in at TV. Is there a TC night at TV in Dallas?

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 09:11 am   Permalink

There's not really a TC night but we do have an occasional gathering. I'm out of town this week but if you post which night you're going to be in town I'm sure some of the locals will pop in if they can.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 11:20 am   Permalink

Which day(s) are you in Dallas? They have Mai Tais for $3, all day, Tuesday. It sounded like you meant later in the week than that, though.
Anyway, I might be able to meet you there, in Kenike's absence. Can any other locals make it?

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 12:27 pm   Permalink

I arrive on the 16th, hopefully the 15th if I can drive fast enough. My last night will be on the 20th, which is a Monday. Damn, I hate to miss that Tuesday. I'd love nothing better than to meet some local Dallas TCer's. I'll keep checking the thread.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 06:59 am   Permalink

I can make it Saturday the 18th. Anyone else?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 5:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-15 06:59, Kenike wrote:
I can make it Saturday the 18th. Anyone else?

Got a thing, earlier evening, so if I did, it'd be late... like, 10:00. Other nights (or happy hours), I'm pretty flexible.
I think telescopes said in another thread that he'd be at TV's on Fri nite, after visiting a place in the Stockyard's, earlier in the day. Maybe he could change to Sat nite, Kenike... or go two nites in a row?

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-15 5:40 pm   Permalink

Okay I might be able to do Friday.

Telescopes, what works best for you?

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 1:53 pm   Permalink

Kenike, I am thinking about dropping by Friday. In fact. Friday sounds great. What is a good time.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 2:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-16 13:53, telescopes wrote:
Kenike, I am thinking about dropping by Friday. In fact. Friday sounds great. What is a good time.

I'll be there between 5-6 traffic permitting...need to take full advantage of happy hour. I'll PM you my info.

Anyone else??

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 7:06 pm   Permalink

Perhaps my brother in law. I think I may leave my wife with the kids or who knows, she may pop in with me. I'll see you there. Any advice in terms of parking?

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 7:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-16 19:06, telescopes wrote:
Perhaps my brother in law. I think I may leave my wife with the kids or who knows, she may pop in with me. I'll see you there. Any advice in terms of parking?

I usually just use the free valet and tip the guy a couple of bucks on the way out. Sometimes there's a few spots in the very back of the Palomar but that's a long way to stagger back...

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 7:18 pm   Permalink

What's with changes? Nothing drastic I hope.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-16 7:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-16 19:18, telescopes wrote:
What's with changes? Nothing drastic I hope.

I wouldn't say drastic. I've been whining about it
here.

In a nutshell, it's losing the "escapism" factor. Even though the decor is incredible, the vibe isn't there anymore.

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-17 07:26 am   Permalink

I'll try to be there in the 5-6 happy hour time frame, too. I'd especially recommend the valet parking, tonight, as it may be raining when you leave. See ya.

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-17 07:49 am   Permalink

I can't wait to return to the Dallas TV. I got to see it last year for only a few moments... er, I mean drinks. I remember it being incredible and was upset with myself for forgetting my camera.

I am certainly looking forward to visiting with the Texas TCer's as well. If not even more.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation