FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-20 10:07 pm   Permalink

Oh you can bet i'll be there. I found a short cut from my house that shaves off two hours (come down hwy 114 to jacksboro highway).

Trader Vic's will put that has-been Tiki Bob's in the west end to shame. Heck there is no competition!!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-21 07:23 am   Permalink

Hey Tekoteko, I am also in SA. Let's get together for a drink sometime. Maybe we could carpool to the next Texas function.
Aloha, Benehune

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gretanicole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-26 2:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-20 10:23, Juno wrote:
Welcome gretanicole! Always good to see more folks from the Dallas area.

Thanks Juno! =D

It's so cool to have something to look forward to for a whole year! It'll be that much more fun when it finally opens! I'll have to find a vintage polynesian dress to wear opening night. Will be easy to do with ebay and a whole year in front of me!

View Profile of gretanicole Send a personal message to gretanicole      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
webwide
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-26 4:41 pm   Permalink

I'm in for whatever.

Juno, we're just moving in this next week but we won't be too far from McKinney. Heck, Providence is almost in Collin County (on 380). We'll shoot you an invite as soon as we find or make a bar....do you do consulting? )

View Profile of webwide Send a personal message to webwide  Email webwide Goto the website of webwide ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-26 10:20 pm   Permalink

Hey Glenn! Good to see you here on Tiki Central!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John on 2005-06-26 22:22 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-27 05:55 am   Permalink

Quote:
...do you do consulting?

Only when under the influence

Welcome to the neighborhood!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tik_Nado
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-27 09:05 am   Permalink

I am sure we will be down from OKC if we are still here...

View Profile of Tik_Nado Send a personal message to Tik_Nado  Email Tik_Nado Goto the website of Tik_Nado     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 04:50 am   Permalink

Tik_Nado mentioned
Quote:
I am sure we will be down from OKC if we are still here...

Oklahoma City, huh? I ran across a report of a new tiki bar in the Bricktown area a few months ago. Would you know anything about this? I'm never optomistic about new places in trendy areas, but if its halfway interesting, you might have an addition to the locating tiki forum. I occasionally go through OKC (love the Cattleman's Cafe) and would love a tiki diversion.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tik_Nado
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-22 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

Oklahoma City, huh? I ran across a report of a new tiki bar in the Bricktown area a few months ago. Would you know anything about this? I'm never optomistic about new places in trendy areas, but if its halfway interesting, you might have an addition to the locating tiki forum. I occasionally go through OKC (love the Cattleman's Cafe) and would love a tiki diversion.

I have not heard a thing about it...weird! Toby Keith opened a Billy-Bob bar / restaurant...but that is the only thing I heard about.

If I hear about it, I will post a review once I partake in the merryment.

View Profile of Tik_Nado Send a personal message to Tik_Nado  Email Tik_Nado Goto the website of Tik_Nado     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 11:16 am   Permalink

I know we're still a long way off but here's some pics of the old/new Trader Vics in Dallas. There's a lot of construction going on at the Palomar and it doesn't appear much has been done yet on the outside of TV, although there was a lot of activity on the roof.

This is the actual building:

I hope they keep the original front door:

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 3:02 pm   Permalink

man! i can't wait. it will be so nice to have something in driving distance.

by the way, let me make this my official "texas roll call" answer! my fiance Scott and i would love to meet up with other texas TCers. we should definitely have a meet-up at the hukilau, too!

[url=http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=124][/ur

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RichKoster

Posted: 2005-10-31 8:20 pm   Permalink

Will Dallas be the closest TV to New Orleans, or is there already one open closer than that? I went to one Tiki-themed bar/restaurant in Houston once (west of the city, right off interstate 10 in a complex which includes an IMAX movie theatre and many other restaurants, but I can't remember the name of the place, sorry) but I'd love to go to a Trader Vic's.

Polynesian Resort forum

View Profile of RichKoster Send a personal message to RichKoster  Email RichKoster Goto the website of RichKoster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Will Dallas be the closest TV to New Orleans, or is there already one open closer than that?

Dallas will be the closest...unless you want to drive to Atlanta.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-04 08:34 am   Permalink

For those folks in TX watching for TV's opening in June you may want to read the last 4 or 5 posts on this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1563&forum=1&start=75&89

Thanks to Martiki for helping set the record straight.

suelo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-04 3:12 pm   Permalink

Hi! This is long lost Suelo. I did post some pics of the interior of the soon to be Trader Vic's in Dallas when it was still known as the Tiki Room at the Santa Fe Hotel. We've been watching the construction regularly as we live less than 5 minutes away from this soon to be amazing tiki destination in Dallas! We definately need to get a TC group together for the opening. It's been far too long that we've gone without!!!!

View Profile of suelo Send a personal message to suelo  Goto the website of suelo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation