FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!
BrickHorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 6:17 pm   Permalink

I just moved back to Texas from Boston (where the Tiki lifestyle still has a pulse, albeit a weak and gradually fading one), and heard this wonderful rumor about the Dallas Trader Vic's reopening from a clerk at Lula B's. What great news! If only they'd open one in Austin...

View Profile of BrickHorn Send a personal message to BrickHorn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 09:27 am   Permalink

doesn't Austin have Ocean's 11? Damn cheap drinks

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gretanicole
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-26 3:33 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, I e-mailed Trader Vic's in Dallas to get an opening date. I was told they plan to open October 1, 2006. Just a few days before Hukilau.

Thought you all would want to know!

View Profile of gretanicole Send a personal message to gretanicole      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-26 3:48 pm   Permalink

Awesome news! Mahalo for keeping ar ear out. Can you find out if that is their opening or their "garnd opening" (aka with all the hoopla)? I would love to get back to Big D for that but I am doing Hukilau and might have trouble squeezing the extra weekend in.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-26 3:50 pm   Permalink

Awesome news! Mahalo for keeping ar ear out. Can you find out if that is their opening or their "garnd opening" (aka with all the hoopla)? I would love to get back to Big D for that but I am doing Hukilau and might have trouble squeezing the extra weekend in.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-26 7:31 pm   Permalink

Excellent! Just in time for our 4 year wedding anniversary!

Mahalo, Brother!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-27 06:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-26 15:33, gretanicole wrote:
Hey everyone, I e-mailed Trader Vic's in Dallas to get an opening date. I was told they plan to open October 1, 2006. Just a few days before Hukilau.

Thought you all would want to know!

Thats great except I'LL BE ON MY WAY TO THE HUKILAU

Why on a Sunday...Scottsdale TV did the same thing.

Quote:

They closed a couple of years ago.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sincitymedic

Posted: 2006-06-28 12:18 pm   Permalink

Count me in.....sounds way cool & almost stumbling distance to my house!

View Profile of sincitymedic Send a personal message to sincitymedic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 6:22 pm   Permalink

When the opening date gets closer we should start planning a TC get-together for later October or November. I'll probably be there for the grand opening on the 1st but I'm sure they won't want us to plan something big on opening night. Lots of TC'ers will be coming from out of town so we should start thinking about when to plan it.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-02 2:30 pm   Permalink

I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!!!!!

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BrickHorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 3:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 09:27, Robertiki wrote:

The closest thing Austin has to a genuine tiki joint is the Hula Hut, and that's more of a Tex-Mex-meets-retro-Hawaii-meets-Jimmy-Buffett-inspired-lake-culture type place. As much as I enjoy the Hula Hut, it won't do much to scratch the tiki itch.

View Profile of BrickHorn Send a personal message to BrickHorn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-07 08:08 am   Permalink

Count me in for that party!

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 2:31 pm   Permalink

Drove by the location today. I'm not sure what is being built, but there's another part of the Palomar under construction directly in front of TV so you can't see it from the street. Maybe a lobby or something with more condos? It looks like you'll have to walk through this building to get back where the restaurant is.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenike 2006-07-29 14:32 ]

Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-31 4:34 pm   Permalink

I've been a lurker here for a while, but with TV getting ready to open, I lurk no more! Looking forward to my first Dallas Mai Tai (hey, it is Trader Vic's) and hope to spot some TC'ers at some gathering.

Grande Kahu

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-31 6:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-31 16:34, Grande Kahu wrote:
I've been a lurker here for a while, but with TV getting ready to open, I lurk no more! Looking forward to my first Dallas Mai Tai (hey, it is Trader Vic's) and hope to spot some TC'ers at some gathering.

Grande Kahu

Welcome Grand Kahu! Hopefully more of the Dallas area lurkers will make themselves known soon.

If you're on MySpace, Unkle John has just started a
Texas Tikiphiles group.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation