FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Lanai Liquors (in San Mateo) selling his tiki!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Lanai Liquors (in San Mateo) selling his tiki!
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 02:10 am   Permalink

Thanks for the photo's. Fantatsic news that a tiki is saved.
I bet the movers loved your steps into your yard! ha ha

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-24 5:37 pm   Permalink

Not too long ago I made a main Lanai website with the tiki moving slideshow and some other hysterical, I mean historical stuff. More to come in the future, but also note there's some related stuff from the Villa Hotel there too.

Royale, thanks for mentioning the Villa, I'll have to take a look too. Jeez, even being the "Radisson Villa" these days, I still hope the place doesn't go the way of the Lanai. Maybe Walgreens wants to build a SECOND store in the same plaza across from it's other one on the old Lanai location.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 10:51 pm   Permalink

Tres nice, Randy. The Lanai was THE place to remember to many SF Polynesian Pop veterans, and one can see why. Wonder if the bar mural had day-to-dusk lighting effects like the Kona Kai and Hawaii Kai. And that Cooler has just the amount of mint in it I like
I need to send you the slide I have of the original door carved like the menu cover that I took in that mini mall ....when I get back home. Remind me in March.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-24 11:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:
And that Cooler has just the amount of mint in it I like

That's because it's a two-fisted he-man drink for those who want immediate action. And yeah, the word was that the diorama had the changing day to nite effect. Wish I'd been there to see it!

Thanks for mentioning that slide again Sven, I gotta remember to get a copy from you to put on the website. What an oddball main theme tiki they used for the door, matchbooks, menu, eh?

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 12:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-24 22:51, bigbrotiki wrote:
Tres nice, Randy. The Lanai was THE place to remember to many SF Polynesian Pop veterans, and one can see why. Wonder if the bar mural had day-to-dusk lighting effects like the Kona Kai and Hawaii Kai.

Yes, big bro, the dusk to dawn feature of the Lanai mural caught this pre-tiki lover's eye big time!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation