FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Doctor Z's 4th Annual Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/30 UPDATE pg.1
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Doctor Z's 4th Annual Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/30 UPDATE pg.1
The Whale Rider
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-18 7:32 pm   Permalink

Hi Z,

I just wanted your thread to be the location of my very first post ever!!!! Aren't you excited Also, I'll bring lots of yummy food to the party. And, Spermy will definately be bartending --- Mmmmmmmm Spermy. Anyway, I'll make a big bowl of potato salad and some other misc. salad type things. OH, I almost forgot, I'm totally looking forward to meeting Captain Kneepads Tiki. We missed him when we were in Oahu. Aloha -

View Profile of The Whale Rider Send a personal message to The Whale Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 10:36 am   Permalink

I don't think I want to know the ingredients in Spermy's Potato Salad.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Whale Rider
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-19 9:31 pm   Permalink

Spermy's potato salad is delicious!!!! you said so yourself at the last BBQ Mmmmmmm -- Spermy! However, your colon may think differently. --Aloha

View Profile of The Whale Rider Send a personal message to The Whale Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 10:11 pm   Permalink

So glad you're here. "The Whale Rider". I DO like that! I hate calling you "Mrs. Whale". Or, "Mrs. Spermy". That's much worse!

See you at the Doctor's bash!

Fr. Scott

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-21 11:31 am   Permalink

This always sounds like a great party so I'll be there pouring my Knockout Punch! See you all next weekend!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 8:38 pm   Permalink

See updates on page 1, including current Guest Bartenders list and brew info.

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cousin Dave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-22 5:24 pm   Permalink

It has been a long, arduous journey....
But I'm determined to muster the strength...
Must keep moving, though my feet have been scorched a raw...
This vast desert has never been so cruel....
But wait--do my weary eyes again dare to deceive me....
Or have I finally come upon that last glimmer of hope....
That true beacon of light that can forever set me free....
Only my friends, my OHANA....
At the Castaway Lounge can know for sure....

This will serve as the perfect respite from the HEAT!!!!

See everyone next week~~Cousin Dave

View Profile of Cousin Dave Send a personal message to Cousin Dave  Email Cousin Dave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
saxotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 07:43 am   Permalink

You lucky California bastards...

View Profile of saxotica Send a personal message to saxotica  Email saxotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 06:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-27 02:16, Doctor Z wrote:

For those few who don’t know what this is all about: Every year, I make a bunch of plaster-cast “Ku” masks (yeah, the same ones that are selling for up to $15.00 each on eBay, like these, but they’re unpainted. Oh, and they’re free.)

So That's why I haven't been able to sell any of these lately, you're going to give them away for free!

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:25 am   Permalink

This is shaping up to be a *fantastic* weekend!

We've got King Kukulele's Enchanted Tiki Room Tribute Tiki Taix on Friday night:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15803&forum=4&1

Saturday, we get the main attraction for the weekend -- make that the month, possibly the summer -- Dr. Z's big annual bash! It'd be appropriate to call it the tentpole event of the season, it might end up being an actual three ring circus!

And then on Sunday a perfect wrap-up to the weekend, a very rare opportunity to see an actual tiki film, at the special Tiki Night at the Egyptian Theater, where they're playing Bird of Paradise (art direction by Aloha Jhoe's Lyle Wheeler) AND Beachbum Berry's Secret of Easter Island, AND a luau afterward with Bill Tapia, hula dancers, tiki carvers... it's like the OPPOSITE of last year's weird LACMA tiki party!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15626&forum=4&10

It's weekends like these that remind me just how much I did the right thing when I moved down here from Seattle. God, I love Southern California. I can't wait!

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-07-27 11:26 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:42 am   Permalink

Tiki events on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Then back to work on Monday? Yikes! I think I'm too old and frail for this tiki lifestyle....Maybe I should just quit my job.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 11:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-27 11:42, ookoo lady wrote:
Tiki events on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Then back to work on Monday? Yikes! I think I'm too old and frail for this tiki lifestyle....Maybe I should just quit my job.

That's what I did!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2005-07-27 12:41 pm   Permalink

WooHoo! Soccer Tiki and I can't wait for another
Tikki-rific Weekend!

[ This Message was edited by: woohoowahine 2005-07-27 14:50 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 5:15 pm   Permalink

Cutiki and I will be there with plenty of lime and much needed lime..And of coarse with some food.Oh by the way, Riptide I will make sure I bring the "STUFF".

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 06:24 am   Permalink

Oops I almost forgot, yes yes yes I will bring mint.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation