FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Doctor Z's 4th Annual Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/30 UPDATE pg.1
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Doctor Z's 4th Annual Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/30 UPDATE pg.1
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 01:48 am   Permalink

I thought I lived in a tiki oasis - While I do, Dr. Z has set the bar on an quantum higher level.

The tikis, the cocktails, the vibe: TikiNirvana!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 02:05 am   Permalink

OK it's late I'm going home now goodnight everyone...

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 02:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-31 02:05, ookoo lady wrote:
OK it's late I'm going home now goodnight everyone...

Ummmmm....not me....now - where is that couch???

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 02:57 am   Permalink

Back home and I have had *TWO* doses of Dr Z's patented sure-fire hangover remedy. I hope to survive tomorrow. G'night!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 03:15 am   Permalink

We just got home -- had a beyond grand time! Thanks to all who were willing to brave my Mai Tais. It was especially nice to see so many smiling faces -- the TikiPugs, MTKahuna, Floratina, etc. -- I don't get to see enough of you guys these days.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 03:39 am   Permalink

Just got home, what a fun party. I had the best time, nice meeting a lot of you.Mr. and Mrs. Spermy you were beyond fun....Z, thanks for being such a nice host and a Happy Birthday to you. ( I know I am early but who cares).

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 04:03 am   Permalink

OK...it's 3:30 A.M. - the party is still going. You've heard of a "Ray's Mistake"???? I just perfected the "Padre's F&^%$ - up!! Not the best drink ever made - but - it's almost dawn!! WTF!

Thanks to Dr. Z!!! The luau of the year!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 04:18 am   Permalink

Whatzit, 4:00 and change? Still going on.
Drummer Adrian and Matt from Tiki Magazine are pounding away on the congas and Dr. Z is mixing Beachbum Berry's Own at the request of some certain revelers. Happy Sunday and Happy Birthday Dr. Z. We need more cowbell.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-31 09:39 am   Permalink

I had a BLAST! My thanks to the good Doctor and all of the wonderful guest bartenders. I'm STILL reeling.

Here are my pictures from this great event:

[fixed broken image links]

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi 2013-03-30 23:23 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCutie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-31 10:05 am   Permalink

I am so lame I had to go home at midnight...Tikicutie and her famous "I got tired" excuse. BUT! (And a big but at that) THE PARTY WAS GREAT!

It was wonderful to see some of the regular crowd there, and to meet many new faces: hakalugi, cocomojo (Greg and Cindy Brady?), the reverend, MTKahuna, Christiki, TikiAnneB.Davis (also a reverend). Last but not least, it was so awesome to meet our list moderator, Mr. Hanford Leemore!

Tikipug, your Mojito was splendito, Jeff your Maitai was mighty, your LapuLapu was towering, and whoever made those fried wontons, those were wanton! Anybody's name I forgot, please forgive me, I was drinking (and you should have been too).

Sorry I had to leave early...I am sure I missed alot of people who came in for shift 3, after the tiki magazine party. I'll have to get into my time machine and return to the party after I left. Unfortunately I have been sick all week and partying takes its toll.

Or was it that weird bong everybody was passing around and calling a Breathalyzer test? Yeah right, everybody was puffin' on that!

The auction went great, thank you so much to everyone who bought my stuff: the giant hand painted lamp, the little bamboo table lamp, the tea towel and the carved green parrot wall thingy. But most of all thanks for all the compliments on my painting, and for all those who signed up for prints. I will take it to the printer this week and email you all with the info.

Last but not least, happy birthday to Dr. Z (in the future!), hey I'm gonna come over and help you clean up, ok Z?

So how many people got to play that buzzer game?

And to all who couldn't hear the spinning sounds of the amazing DJ Imps, Son of Mothra and his manservent hecubis, Brian...WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE!

Here's to next year!

Tikicutie

[ This Message was edited by: TikiCutie 2005-07-31 10:13 ]

View Profile of TikiCutie Send a personal message to TikiCutie  Email TikiCutie Goto the website of TikiCutie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 11:46 am   Permalink

Dr Z sure knows how to throw a great party. We're just dragging ourselves out of bed now.

Hey I think I must have left about 10,000 brain cells there. Has anyone seen them?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mermadia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-31 12:18 pm   Permalink

Wow! What an awesome party. I met some really friendly & talented people & had a great time painting my tiki mask! Thanks, Dr. Z, for hosting such a wonderful party & for the hangover cure!It worked wonders.
Pics to come...
Ciao for now,
~mermadia~

[ This Message was edited by: Mermadia 2005-07-31 12:19 ]

View Profile of Mermadia Send a personal message to Mermadia  Email Mermadia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 12:23 pm   Permalink

Greg (aka Cocomojo/BeelzaElvis/Goatiki and I are just sitting down to relax after our long trek home.
After sitting out in the car for 15 minutes and watching all the coppers driving by, I figured out how to drive Greg's car (yes stone cold sober). We got a nice burrito at Taco Bell and then started driving toward Yorba Linda. 2:15 am we made it as far as Torrance after we saw 2 cars run a red light we pulled into the Marriott got to sleep around 3:00 and slept until 8:15 am picked up the kids and made it home!
No hangover just tired!
What a great time we had last night. Dr. Z you are a gracious host, you really do know how to throw a party!
We met so many great folks last night! Love you Angela & Peggy! Tikicutie we love the loot we got from you and enjoyed meeting you! Spermy thanks for the help with the keys! Great to put names with faces Spermy and Whale Rider, Krustiki and OOkoolady, PapeToaTane, Atomic Cocktail and Vintagegirl, Tikipug (awesome Mojitos) Mrs. Pug, UtopianDream. Onatiki and Monica area awesome! Great to see Woohoo and Soccertiki and Hiltiki again!
Great drinks! Great food! Great company! Loved the silent auction! Loved the mask painting!
Thanks a million Dr. Z and happy birthday!
Cyntiki~~~~~~~~

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 12:35 pm   Permalink

Why is there a rain lamp in my living room? Why is there mint in Bamboo Handbag? Why does my boyfriend smell like Orgeat?

Great party, as always -- thanks so much for the supremo hospitality, Dr. Z!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 12:45 pm   Permalink

ookoo lady, I picked up all your brain cells on the way out. PM me and I will send them all back to you. Ah, I had the best time last night.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation