FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 11:16 pm   Permalink

One Day , Ahahahaha One day .

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 10:06 am   Permalink

Holy crap! Talk about out of the loop. I can't believe there are 8 pages of posts about this thing! Thanks for everyone who emailed me to make sure I heard about it (because, yes, I am sadly out of the loop...) Anyway, I will see you all there! I can't even imagine how surreal it will be to have this all go down in my hometown!

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 3:23 pm   Permalink

It's taken Oaktiki and I a little time to get into town and settled, but we've got a late addition for tomarrow's schedule for those who can- we have room for something small- not a huge get together.

Some of you may have heard rumours to this effect through the grapevine- that's because we originally started with the Seattle crowd since they showed us such a great time, but it looks like some of them won't make it, so we have some room.

As folks are getting into town, if you're going to be in downtown (West End) Vancouver between 12:30 and 2:30ish we're going to try to do a welcoming meet and greet. Afterwards, we figure we'd all head over to the 3:30 get together at Funhauser.

We don't have room for more than a few folks, but if you would like to stop by we'd love to have you over.

Parking is going to be weird too- it's a huge weekend, but we know where you might be able to find a space. Public transit may be a better option.

Anyhow, if this sounds up your alley, drop me a PM and I'll get directions etc to you later tonight.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina 2005-07-29 15:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sabina 2005-07-29 16:23 ]

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 4:58 pm   Permalink

Yay!!! heather!!! see you soon!

I impaled my finger last night while trying to put out a corncob for the squirrels. There's a long 6" spiked nail on the top of the Squirrel Table that went piercing through my skin in two places. No ER trip was required but at first I couldn't get my finger off the nail (which would have prevented me from attending). I can hear it now, Rodeo: "Where's exoticat?" Dogbytes: "She's stuck on a nail in the back yard".

So I'll be there sporting a bandaid with fez wearing monkeys (it's that Smoking Monkey from Archie McPhee) except they're smiling not smoking which I prefer when it comes to open wounds. Has anyone ever seen any Tiki Bandaids?

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 6:13 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone, Dan here from Taboo Tiki. Looking forward to meeting some of you at Funhauser and the Waldorf. Should be a good show! I wish we had some time to throw in a few of our Tiki's at Raglan's but there's just not enough time these days. Did manage to get a couple of our Limited Edition framed tributes to the Waldorf done though. If you are interested, these will be available at the event. Hope to see you there!

[ This Message was edited by: TabooDan 2005-07-29 18:15 ]

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-29 9:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-29 16:58, Exoticat wrote:
So I'll be there sporting a bandaid with fez wearing monkeys

you're a trooper. here's some anesthesia!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 9:53 pm   Permalink

Hullaaaaaabaaaaalooooooo!!!!!!!

This time tomorrow we should be at the Waldorf with drink in hand!
Sweet Tiki dreams to all.....

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-30 01:02 am   Permalink

Eeek! so excited! .. I have to work (crap!) until 4.. but I'm going to rush home and get ready.. so DON'T GET ON THE SEABUS WITHOUT ME!! I have no idea where the restaurant is.. ha.. see you all tomorrow! (or today depending on when you're reading..)

Jen

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 01:28 am   Permalink

Just got back in from the Waldorf (yeah, we 'old folks' made an early night of it, since we need to be up early tomarrow).

All I can say is Vancouver has outdone itself! This was worth every mile/km from MD, every bit of nonsense, and every bit of pushing onward instead of being 'responsible grown ups' and heading home.

Today was just fantastic, and it's all due to the Tikiphiles from far and near who put all the effort that went into making today so wonderful; from the early get together at our place (with rum), to Funhauser- with Rum and Tikis galore, (and all the AMAZING artists and their goodies! So great to meet those responsible for all that amazing work!), to Raglands, who bore up under the strain of MANY hungry and oh, so thirsty Tikiphiles, to the Waldorf- which defies all words!, and on to the bands themselves!

Yes, we got to explore the inner depths of the Waldorf's many rooms- including the downstairs. MANY pictures to follow from many different folks I hope!

I personally, think the Waldorf should be uttered among the great Tiki names- not only such an extensive layout, but the condition it's in- un-updated- truely a time capsule. The mural in the downstairs room alone is truely a treasure beyond compare!

I have two words for Vancouverites- annual event.

If you build it, they will come! The hospitality by local Tikiphiles and the venue are soooo worth the trip!

MAHALO!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 8:18 pm   Permalink

Had to get these up!

Pix from yesterday, here's just a couple each, the rest can be found on my website in a Vancouver gallery-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Tiki-in-Vancouver

Funhauser Decor-

Ragland's Bistro-

The 'watch out for that snake!' picture!

and The Waldorf Hotel-

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 8:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing these photos! You guys have *no* idea how much I wish I could have been there with you all. So happy to see you all together in photos, if not in person.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Velvet Ruby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 8:54 pm   Permalink

Yay! wow your photos turned out wonderfully! (mine did not fare so well haha) Soo glad you guys decided to make the trek up here.. It was really great meeting you (keep us posted on your return!)

beatgirlart.com

View Profile of Velvet Ruby Send a personal message to Velvet Ruby  Goto the website of Velvet Ruby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-31 9:34 pm   Permalink

"Holy Crap! It's a Tiki Event in Vancouver 2005" doesn't even begin to dscribe it all! nearly nonstop fun fun fun! extreme thanks to all the Canadians who welcomed us over the border to run nuts through their town.

Funhauser's TC Private Party, complete with perfectly prepared tropical drinks, cuban rum for sipping and snacks ~ made it an excellent backdrop to meet and greet and shop! meeting the artists was an incredible part of the buying experience. i halfway expected that Pepe le Tiki would turn away Oprah if she had shown up during our soiree!

we took over Raglan's ~ there was one cook and 2 waitresses (who also made the drinks!) cheers to them for feeding and keeping the booze flowing!

Waldorf! Waldorf! Waldorf! wow. just WOW!! as we descended the spiral stairs, the clocks moved backwards and we were transported to a magical time, where bamboo, rattan, faux fish tanks and murals ruled the night. swank beyond belief.

i met so many new people, TC and non TC alike.. all for the love o tiki!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 10:37 pm   Permalink

WoW!! what a great time we had! Our neighbors to the north are great hosts and made this a terrific weekend.
On our way out of town we stopped by Funhauser, picked up a few items for our home, and received directions to the nearest gov. liquor store so we could procure some Havana Club rum to smuggle over the border. Since this is a public forum I can't say if we were successful or not, but
some of the best mojitos in the world are being sipped in West Seattle....

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-01 12:51 am   Permalink

My Fellow Americans ~ you can claim a refund for goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) you paid on eligible goods and short-term accommodation while visiting Canada.

there's a bunch of
rules

but basically, if you spent over 200$CAN, and you have original receipts, fill out the forms in the link above, and get back 7% by mail.

elicia

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation