FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 4:25 pm   Permalink

Dogbytes, you may still want to consider the Sandman where Tikiwahine is staying. I think you'll have to call them directly but it may save you $100!
http://www.sandmanhotels.com/hotels/bc/vancouver.asp
It's a crazy night in Vancouver: A long weekend, the annual Symphony of Fire (fireworks) event, Gay Pride Weekend and the height of tourist season so hotels may be near capacity. Book asap folks!!

Also, I'm thinking we should all go to Raglan's Surf/Tiki Bistro for dinner & drinks before. It's in North Vancouver (20 minutes by Seabus from downtown) and a short walk from the Sea Bus station. I checked it out and it's very casual they offer burgers, burritos, appetizers, etc. and more importantly drink specials!!!
Could be a great start to the evening!
I'll make reservations at Raglan's when I get an idea who's interested (just post it here or PM me) and I'll figure out a timeline for the evening (so we get maximum enjoyment at the Waldorf).
(Pepe le Tour Guide)

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-07-12 16:38 ]

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 4:40 pm   Permalink

I'm all booked up at the Sandman, I wanted to take advantage of their special rate and not be denied a room. I'm just booked for one night at the moment, but that could change.

The Blue Horizon is wonderful, and induced a tiki dream this past spring where I saw
this bowl.

Pepe, that sounds perfect. I'll be there with bamboo on.

-Tw

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-12 5:46 pm   Permalink

ok.. rebooked into the Sandman.

wow, lotsa stuff going on in town that weekend! gotta love the northwest, its nonstop fun when the sun comes out!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 6:29 pm   Permalink

Booked at the Sandman as well. Couldn't get the special rate via the internet (code wouldn't apply) so called them directly and she gave it to me.

I once saw a show on tv where they said if you want your best rates on rooms you need to call and ask them what's currently going on and ask them when you check in if there's any upgrades available. Sometimes for a few bucks more you get a lot more bang. (That just sounds wrong, but you know what I mean!!)

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 6:35 pm   Permalink

Sign me up for the Pepe Le Tiki Vancouver Tour! (as long as it works with the schedule of my roadtrip friends as well)

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 7:06 pm   Permalink

I've booked rooms on behalf of the Alberta contingent at the Sandman. Count me in for Raglans - the seabus is definitely the best way to get there. I'm sure the others will want to go too, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 8:02 pm   Permalink

I heard a rumour that the infamous "Alberta Boys" are all getting ONE room at
The Sandman and that they need a Housemom to supervise them?

Sure they look innocent enough now while they're getting warmed up:

But look how they get later:

I'm guessing that the really good photos didn't even get uploaded!

I'll pass on the job.

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2005-07-12 20:09 ]

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 02:34 am   Permalink

Ok, I can't find a pic of Pepe le Tiki...does one exist? I tried sleuthing around but only ended up in places like BILGE and wasted more time posting more stupid posts (albeit FUN stupid posts!).

Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 2:42 pm   Permalink

A recent photo of Pepe le Tiki:
"You break it, you buy it....now has anyone seen Karen Black?!!!"

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 2:48 pm   Permalink

Oh man , now I am scared to come to funhauser. Pepe sounded so nice on the phone.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 2:50 pm   Permalink

Lies! All lies!
I've seen you in person, and you're not nearly as cranky as that picture lets on to be.

Now where's Travellin' Tiki? Roadkutter? Fartsatune? Velvet Ruby? Emspace? Doctor Tiki?
Who's with us?!

-Tw

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 9:20 pm   Permalink

I'm in for Raglans too!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-14 10:29 am   Permalink

Never fear Roadkutter is here... finally! Just moved my business and haven't had time to scratch myself let alone check in on what's going on.

O.K. for all those outta towners the area around the Waldorf is FINE... just don't go West on foot, then you'll run into the lower east side which isn't the nicest part of town. Just East a few blocks is Commercial Drive where there are great places for brunch, lunch and dinner. Be warned though, carry a gas mask and soap to help form a protective barrier from the hippies.

Also on or around the drive are Vintage stores, Value Village (which I plan to pick over before you all arrive), Antiques and shops with nic-nacks, it's quite a cool area.

Sounds like Pepe le Tiki has also set down some good advice/suggestions and it looks like there are alot of other events for people to check out while in Van. A word of advice... avoid the Festival of Fire... it's a fireworks competition held down at English Bay, it gets crazy busy, anywhere around 250,000 people turnout for this. It's great seeing people turn up from the burbs to get drunk, fight and throw their rubbish where they like.

Pretty sure I'm gonna make to this event for a while at least as I'm on labour duty... if the wife calls I'm outta there! I'll also contact Velvet Ruby, she just moved back to Van so I have to get her number from a friend.

Pep... STOCK THE SHELVES that weekend is pay weekend!

Almost forgot, Coolite Bamboo Products (http://www.coolitebamboo.com) is just down the street from the Waldorf. So if anyone is looking for bamboo materials/products that is the place to go. They have everything you would ever need, apart from Tikis.

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 10:57 am   Permalink

Thanks for the tips Roadkutter.

Pepe...I have a photo of me first thing in the morning too:

The first time I met some TC people I didn't know any of them so looked up their photos beforehand. I found that this actually did help the getting-to-know-you process so that's why I was looking people up. For some reason I thought Tikiwahine was a blond before I found her photo...I was wrong. Pepe I'll find you by the process of deduction that night...eventually.

roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-14 12:16 pm   Permalink

Pep, count me and the misses in for Raglans. What a trooper, she'll be 8 and a half months pregnant and wants in on the action!

Virgin Mai Tai's all round! Opps what am I say, a virgin Mai Tai for the Misses!

She wants to race home and make a Moo Moo right now.

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation