FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:23 am   Permalink

Oh thats it , Its on like DonkeyKong!!!

Okay Truce it is , but i am bringing copies of that photo to lushy.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2005-07-21 11:41 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 11:25 am   Permalink

Ok...truce!! TRUCE!!! Take that horrible photo down!!!

I took down the Cabana Boy towel art, it really was only funny to those who were in chat last night and heard Velvet Ruby's suggestion...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-21 11:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-20 22:29, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Got this message from emspace last night:

"at last I heard back from the Waldorf this evening. Tix are available at the door as well as in advance by calling 604-836-3442. I also asked the Bar Manager, Chris (this name is important so remember it) if a group of out-of-towners could view all the lounges and take pictures. The answer was yes. You may wish to post this on Tiki Central, it could generate a lot of interest among those who were thinking of coming but not too sure..."

That would have been wonderful news for me if this event had been posted more than a month in advance (and the above info only a week before the event). I'm sure you would have had more people coming in from out of town. I'm not trying to blame anyone but this is very frustrating for people like myself who have been looking forward to seeing this place for a long time. I would have planned a trip there if I had known sooner but I can't afford to just hop on a plane any weekend. Flights to Vancouver right now from the Bay Area are around $400RT.

Please in the future give us more advance notice if at all possible.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-21 11:52 am   Permalink

So has anyone ever seen Lushy or the Buttersprites perform before?

If so, what were they like??

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 3:18 pm   Permalink

http://www.buttersprites.com/
http://www.lushy.com/

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-07-21 3:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-21 11:52, roadkutter wrote:
So has anyone ever seen Lushy or the Buttersprites perform before?

If so, what were they like??

Lushy performed at the NW Crawl in Portland last month. fun group of people, with lots of energy!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2005-07-21 3:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-21 11:51, thejab wrote:Flights to Vancouver right now from the Bay Area are around $400RT.

if you can get to Seattle, you can stay with us, then ride up Saturday, return Sunday...

if that helps..

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 4:00 pm   Permalink

"i am bringing copies of that photo to lushy. "

Ok, and I will bring a big, fat, black Sharpie pen and sign them all. You can sell them for a quarter each and then maybe earn enough for a shot of tequila. You'll need it. (Not that i'm trying to enable anyone's drinking...)

dogbytes...you'd better warn The Jab about what is in the back seat..

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 7:35 pm   Permalink

This just in...

A little
review of Raglans & The Waldorf on the Mai Tai web site(Montreal Tiki Appreciation Society).

(edited to fix my own broken link)

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-07-21 19:36 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 4:16 pm   Permalink

6 days left....WALDORF WALDORF WALDORF.

Can ya tell I havent had a holiday in awhile..

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 12:44 am   Permalink

Now it's five.

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-25 1:28 pm   Permalink

How many sleeps, hours, minutes, seconds is that Pep?

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 4:22 pm   Permalink

Been away from net access for a few days, so this is coming in late. Oaktiki and I are headed up for this! (CA coastal crawl gone utterly insane!)

We're set lodging-wise, but would love to be added in for dinner and the show! is it still possible to add us on to the dinner reservation?

We're super excited at this RARE opportunity! We just had to!

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 4:26 pm   Permalink

Awesome, I'll see you two there!
Glad you can make it!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 4:41 pm   Permalink

4 sleeps (and they better be good ones)
or
4 days, 22hours, 52minutes, 33 seconds (at the time of this post, give or take a minute by the time I type this)
Also, you guys in Alberta get to subtract an hour, at least until you cross into our time zone.

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation