[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Spain
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Spain
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 2:22 pm   Permalink

I think it's a big mistake to miss out the Aloha just because of one bad apple bartender. My experience was the opposite - both the manager and the bartender came out from behind the bar to chat to me and even took photos of me pretending to bartend. Obviously it was a quiet night! Great decor too, plus they sold a good array of mugs.

I'm off to Granada & Seville in May, but don't hold out much hope for Tiki having just been there 4 months ago & finding nothing. Still, if anyone has any tips I'd love to check them out.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 02:36 am   Permalink

I made it over to Kahala last night and hung out for an hour or so. As others have indicated, it's a beautiful bar with unique decor, and the service was excellent. I was also pleased to note that they had an original chalk drawing by our own Tiki Diablo hanging in a place of honor behind the bar.

The drinks were, in my opinion, mixed very haphazardly, although the presentation was good; they were also far too sweet. I had a Doctor Funk that almost gave me cavities and my friend had a Bastardo Saffrin (Sufferin' Bastard) that was also extremely sugary. The nice bartendress poured us some samples of the mix for their Scorpion and something I think was called Tanza de Terror (Dance of Terror). All were sweet enough to put us into a diabetic coma!

I'm going to try and hit the Kahiki before I leave, time permitting.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-07 4:02 pm   Permalink

Good thread! Needs to be updated...
I been working on that, but after 6 years living in Spain, I keep finding new evidence of un-documented Spanish tiki bars.

Z

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2008-08-07 16:04 ]

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation