FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 06:26 am   Permalink

Okay here's a rendering I did of a tiki I carved. I took some photos but The film is at the lab and I was anxious to show it so I scribbled this down.

I'll post the photos soon as I get'em

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2008-11-22 11:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2010-10-11 20:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2010-10-12 11:33 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 07:02 am   Permalink

Nice ink work. Did the carving turn out as good?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-09 07:05 am   Permalink

I like to think so, I had a hard time with the flames. Very time consuming.
I hope to get the pics back on monday.

Mahalo E

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 03:21 am   Permalink

Well a friend came by with one of them new spangled cell phones with a camara on it. I stoped using cells with my exit from corporate America 2 years ago. I hope I never need to be so connected.

And well we took these grainy ass pics.

The wood Im unsure of. Someone told me it was an African tulip It grows all over the place here on Maui and is fairly light, like pine but a little harder. Any ways it had a bug problem and they clopped it down near my house. He stands about 14.5 inches and is 3.5 diameter at the bottom. I have 4 other nice pieces of wood from this tree and a piece of monkey pod I have yet to cut into so I'll have more on the way. The stain was a lite oak stain, I applied 2 coats.

I'll post some better pics latter. I'm working on a bigger one right now.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 05:47 am   Permalink

Grainy pictures are better than No pictures and this tiki looks pretty darn great. Nice to see the work. Can't wait for more..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 12:16 pm   Permalink

Nice work alien, I did a carving that had flames going up the back side. Cant wait to see more.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 12:31 pm   Permalink

Cool! This guy looks MEAN! Let's see lots more of this.
more, more, more!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 4:58 pm   Permalink

Cool carving dude - theres something about flames thats sends us nuts - nice. can't wait to see some good pics, but as benzart said, these are better than none

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 7:36 pm   Permalink

the carving is cool, but the line drawing was a-okay, too! looks like it might make a great animation cell - one of many!

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 8:13 pm   Permalink

I got to say that it reminds me of an evil bart simpson. Its the eyes.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-11 10:16 pm   Permalink

great work.carv carv carv!

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 03:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-11 19:36, alohabros wrote:
the carving is cool, but the line drawing was a-okay, too! looks like it might make a great animation cell - one of many!

Thanks for all the possitive feed back. The line drawing I did after the carving but it may be a way for me to develope the concept before the carving.

Its allmost midnight And time to paint. I find in the wei hours of the morning is when I'm most productive. Too bad the neighbors won't let me bust out the chainsaw and chisles at night.

Many mahalos again to everyone for all the kind words.
Eric

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2005-07-12 03:17 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 04:20 am   Permalink

I find when I am writing assignments for my study, my most productive/efficient hours are from 11:00pm to 1:00am. After that, it starts to go downhill...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 11:19 am   Permalink

That is so cool, with lots of character too! Great going Alien Tiki. Those flames are fine on him too.

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino 2005-07-12 11:20 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-11 03:21, AlienTiki wrote:
The wood Im unsure of. Someone told me it was an African tulip It grows all over the place here on Maui and is fairly light, like pine but a little harder. Any ways it had a bug problem and they clopped it down near my house. He stands about 14.5 inches and is 3.5 diameter at the bottom. I have 4 other nice pieces of wood from this tree and a piece of monkey pod I have yet to cut into so I'll have more on the way. The stain was a lite oak stain, I applied 2 coats.

Did the tree's leaves & flowers look like this?

African Tulip Trees grow nicely throughout the tropics & here in San Diego, too.

AlienTiki, next time you see Mike the Sandalmaker in old Lahaina, tell him Joyce & Fred said "Hi!"

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation