FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-02 04:49 am   Permalink

Wow, That looked like an Eazy thing to carve into the knot...NOT, looking Great so far!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-03 11:43 am   Permalink

Uh! The Cannibal Bastard is amazing! Very scary, it looks like he's going to enjoy and take his time with that snack. Congrats!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 2:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben. That Knot is a pain and I might loose interest in that piece, I'll start a box of misfits of my own.

Mahalos for the kind words Clarita.

Well I'm A slacker and I meant to post these sooner.

Here's the one from the Easter tiki swap.
The Pocket Moai out of Koa with hemp cord.

Mahalos for looking.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 2:47 pm   Permalink

AT, I REALLY Like this Moai, Sweet lines. Well done

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-24 2:51 pm   Permalink

alientiki i love the brady bunch ku one of my favourite shows dont tell anyone

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 3:40 pm   Permalink

MASTERPIECE

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 4:59 pm   Permalink

Great piece Alien! Youve nailed those all important proportions etc & have even given him the 'Presence' somehow. Perhaps 'life' is a better word.

Hmmmm, reminds me that there is at least one other slacker out there...

Good job! Congrats Hewey!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 5:51 pm   Permalink

Yep, you nailed it. That's one of the nicest moai pendants I've ever seen on TC!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 02:31 am   Permalink

Gorgeous work mate! You've really nailed the moai shape nicely. Watching my letterbox with anticipation

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 02:39 am   Permalink

Benzart, Thanks. Honestly I drew some reference from your work so credit should go to you.

Marcus, Mahalos for the kind words. Your secret is safe with me. I wish I still had that Brady guy but I know he's found a fine home.

Benella, You are far too kind. Thanks.

Tama, Thanks, I had tried to produce something I would be comfortable sending you, Paipo or Benzart. I consider you all masterfull at what you do. So your praises mean a lot to me.

Paipo, Thanks. You guys inspire me.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 02:58 am   Permalink

Alien,

That bugger is awesome! Like the others have said above, you nailed it. All of his features, combined with the bend in his neck really make him stunning. The wood choice and finish also add too his great looks. Major bueno!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 03:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-26 02:58, GMAN wrote:
Alien,

That bugger is awesome! Like the others have said above, you nailed it. All of his features, combined with the bend in his neck really make him stunning. The wood choice and finish also add too his great looks. Major bueno!

-Gman

Ahh Shucks, Stop it guys. My head might explode. You're too kind.

Mahalos
E

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 8:19 pm   Permalink

Yep, we DID it, I just saw a big smile floating by at about 40 mph. The last prop exploded AT
s head. KA POWWW! head pieces scattered all over.
Sorry Alien Tiki

flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 11:26 pm   Permalink

Top quality, Alien, the recipient is a lucky fella
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 01:29 am   Permalink

That moai is realy well done! I love his expression and the wood color. Hat´s off!

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation