FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 04:56 am   Permalink

Superb! Every one. Love the Godstick. You've really got these guys down. - pity the full eight never happened; or are they still on their way..?

Tama

[ This Message was edited by: Tamapoutini 2007-06-27 04:58 ]

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 05:29 am   Permalink

Blurry pictures or not, these guys are Awesome. Really tight, clean detail from that nasty old Mango wood. I used to love carving it for large pieces but tiny was always a challenge. You seemed to have met that challenge Head On. I'm with Tama in that it's a pity the "8" didn't happen, Yet?
Be Proud

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 11:16 am   Permalink

Aloha Alientiki! Very nice Ku carving my friend, thanks for sharing, Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 4:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benella, Tamapoutini, Benzart and MooneyTiki for the kind words and encuragement. I will create 4 more, at least of that I'm certain.

But I'm afraid this ship has set sail. The wedding has happened and I threw in a few older tikis I had laying around and purchased one from a local carver to make up the remainder of the eight. But I've got new stuff in the works and will post them as soon as my computer issues are resolved.

Mahalos again for the kind words.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 6:13 pm   Permalink

8 tikis is a pretty tall order. I think the most I've ever kept together was 4-5 for a show.
These latest guys are flat-out awesome Alien. You've really got a handle on the Hawaiian classics, the Ku in particular. I hope you get your tech problems sorted soon so we can see what you've got lined up next.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 1:10 pm   Permalink

Alien,

Ooops! After begging for an update and you posting one - somehow I missed it. Eeek, my bad! So you didn't make the full order, but hey, the ones you did get done are fantastic. Man I love your stuff and thoroughly enjoy your Brady piece here. Are these big guys gone now or did you have to eat them since you didn't fill the quota? If you still have them it is a good thing - as they sure would be nice to have around. Very SVEET!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 3:28 pm   Permalink

Well after my technical difficulty's with my computer(ever try to surf the net with a PSP). I hyper extended and broke my elbow playing jiu-jitsu. Making it tough to carve. 2 months later, elbow is heeling and I've just started to carve again.

This one I started first kind of a therapy piece as the wood is dry and soft.

This is an "in progress" Lono of mango. It didn't make the deadline and I just picked him back up recently.

Here's a better pick of one of the mango peices that did make the deadline.

Mahalos for lurking,
Aloha
E

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2007-10-02 15:32 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 3:51 pm   Permalink

beautiful and pretty neat work.

Mahalo,

Ben

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 11:44 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben. You are too kind.
You have inspired me to go to the office and carve, right now.

Aloha
Eric

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 6:17 pm   Permalink

Those guys were patiently waiting for their master to come back and finish them!
Welcome back! Those guys are looking great!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 9:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks surfintiki. He looks like he may be kin to your tiki with the surfboard.

Some progress today on the Koa Kavakave Moai.

More sanding and finish than trephination for cordage coming soon.

Mahalos for lurking.

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-06 05:47 am   Permalink

In progress, Tangaroa carved in koa.

For scale.

Needs more sanding and some coats of finish.

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-06 4:55 pm   Permalink

cool tang man!

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-07 05:48 am   Permalink

Wow that's small...the tiki that is.
Where'd ya get the Koa from?

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-07 1:10 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the compliment tikifreak1

Quote:

On 2007-10-07 05:48, surfintiki wrote:
Wow that's small...the tiki that is.
Where'd ya get the Koa from?

Yeah he's a small tiki with some big mana.

the Koa came from a friend of mine in construction biz. He was demolishing a old house on the north shore. He called me to tell me the whole kitchen was solid Koa and the owners wanted it all tossed in the rubbish(more money than sense). I loaded my truck up with a lot of molding and cabinets. Unfortunately some of the wood was stolen from my truck while it sat at another job site.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation