FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 4:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben!
It means allot to get such great comments. I need to get some books on Maori culture.

If only I could carve'em like I draw'em I might get somewhere.

Here's one I started at the beginning of the Makahiki celebration on the full moon.

I've found I'm most productive around the full moon.

3 coats of poly.

So I just found 4 fresh cut coco palms, big ones and I'm not sure if I should cut them wet or if I should cure them?

Mahalo
E

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2005-12-06 00:25 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 4:14 pm   Permalink

Oh I forgot to mention the top pic is a perfect example of what not to do.

I didn't cut myself or get even one splinter and I was thinking about how great that was when the log rolled off the table slid down my shin and onto my foot.
Make sure and secure the log with wedges to prevent such occurrences.

E

[ This Message was edited by: Alientiki 2005-12-05 16:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2005-12-14 19:40 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-05 4:39 pm   Permalink

I really like that one...that wood almost looks like tree fern (cypress gardens tikis). Well done.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-06 12:37 am   Permalink

Mahalo BK!
I see what you are saying. The roughness of the grain, its a Coconut Palm that was downed and sitting in a field for a long time. The wood was dry and solid but pretty easy to cut.

I wish I could make it out to the Carving Seminar and learn from you and Ben.

Many Mahalos
E

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 09:52 am   Permalink

Here Is a Work In Progress.
"Luau LoLo"

The areas I have to finish is her stomach, the mugs on the service tray, her hakulei and grass skirt, and a little tiki to her left in the black area. then shading

Any Comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Please be brutal.
eibass

Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 09:59 am   Permalink

Alien,
The painting just makes me smile. I really like it. Give her a killer 6 pack.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 10:04 am   Permalink

I just did my first painting and I think this is the first that we have seen of your. I very fine painting and tells a good story. What are your plans with it?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 10:12 am   Permalink

Thanks Loki!!! I've been reviewing some photos and I hope I'll be able to get the stomach fixed

TeaKey, yes this is my first Tiki painting. No plans as of yet other than finish which is a undertaking sometimes.

Mahalos
eibass

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 05:12 am   Permalink

First painting? Damn. Your carving is pretty darn good looking too.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 10:20 am   Permalink

That is a really Cool painting. Very Drk and forboding with a Scary feel. Even the blow fish has a nasty, mean Snarl on his face. Love the "Reality" factor. For your first painting, you got a Lot of stuff happening there. Finish it Soon so we All can see it. Can't wait.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 6:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-15 05:12, foamy wrote:
First painting? Damn. Your carving is pretty darn good looking too.

Thanks Foamy. This is my first tiki painting. but I've been painting since before I could remember.I appreciate the replies more than I could express. especial from other artist. Your pen and ink sketches are great.

Quote:

On 2005-12-15 10:20, Benzart wrote:
That is a really Cool painting. Very Drk and forboding with a Scary feel. Even the blow fish has a nasty, mean Snarl on his face.

Thanks for the reply Ben. Every time I go fishing I catch one of them darn puffers. Hey if they blew you up, dried you out and stuck a light bulb up your ass you might have a mean snarl too. all joking aside I really appreciate your comments it makes me feel like Ohana.

Mahalos
EB

tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-16 12:07 am   Permalink

hi alientiki great work keep it up.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 02:41 am   Permalink

Mahalo Marcus.

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 7:51 pm   Permalink

I just got these pics from the lab.
The AlienTiki Is about 21 inches tall from the base to his bulbis head.

its carved out of African tulip tree grown here on Maui. I stained it with oak stain and 1 drop of blue pigment.(yellow and blue make green) then a couple coats of poly.

I'll post some more soon.

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2005-12-16 19:54 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 06:40 am   Permalink

ALT, looks Just like the only Alien I have seen. Looks Great. I Love the eyes and the whole thing. How do you know what they are supposed to look like??
Cool.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation