FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
AlienTIKI Traditional, Midcentury Polypop and a couple marqs
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 01:39 am   Permalink

Here's the Cannibal Bastard

He caused me to bleed on three occasions and the final insult was when he kicked the can of stain off of the table successfully staining my shop floor with a nice big splash.

My wife hates it and I'm beginning to side with her. I'm afraid this cannibal will find his way to the Market place for sure. As soon as he's dry and as long as he causes no more mischief.

Mahalo for looking.

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2007-01-23 12:06 ]

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 05:04 am   Permalink

Aww, C'mon, Keep him around for laffs, He will keep you on your toes and besides, he has some Excellent carving detail you could use for refrence forever!. Very Well done Cannibal. I need to do one in the near future and see many areas on this guy I will use for sure..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 07:20 am   Permalink

Alien, I'm really digging on this one....the toes are very cool. I also really like the way the way the upper lip is turned up showing the gums to the teeth. Many areas are very nice! Great style!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 10:11 am   Permalink

I like how when painting artists gripe about 'suffering for their art' they're usually talking about not getting enough sleep or having to lunch on Campbell's Tomato Soup for a few weeks.

When Tiki Carvers 'suffer for their art' it means pulling tendons, cutting huge gashes in their arms, spilling permanent stain all over the garage, alienating their loved ones, going to jail for stealing dead palm trees on city land, and helping primal sharp toothed carnivors emerge from the wood around them.

Real Men Carve Tikis. Slap on a few band-aids and keep going, that one is FRIGGIN AWESOME!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 12:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks Benzart, The cannibal took hours longer than I'd like to admit. I'm sure you could take it to another level. I would love to see a cannibal from you. Just be careful when carving them, they bite.

Babalu, Thanks for the comments, They keep me carving.

Cammo, I've carved tiki's before without a single drop of blood spilled, but the best ones always seem to draw a little blood. Mahalo for the kind words.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 11:40 am   Permalink

here's a new one. I copied it from a tiki magazine. you may recognize him from the issue with Dr.z's castaway lounge. I've seen many profile Tangaroa but I love this straight on view. I don't know who the original artist is or I'd give them credit.

I'm undecided on weather to stain him and wrap his arms. I guess if he is to hang on the wall I'll have to figure something out.

Mahalo's for looking.

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 01:30 am   Permalink

Remember that evil tiki that caused the bradys so much trouble on their Hawaiian vacation?
Here's a work in progress about half way done.
"BradyBunch Tiki" in Hawaiian Koa

Cannibal needs finish arrrghhhh!

Mahalo for looking.

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 9:05 pm   Permalink

Another progress shot.
Here we can see the (unfinished)Evil Brady Tiki kicking back with some friends.

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-04 3:22 pm   Permalink

Tangaroa poly/hemp finished and Hei-Tiki all tied up.

I listed them in the
market

Mahalos for lurken

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 03:13 am   Permalink

Very nice work Alien! We have a biter too. The Wahine hates this particular tiki in our yard. It fractured her ankle! In kind gesture, I moved him to where he can harm nothing.

Your Tangs are very nice

Keep on carving and posting.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 5:02 pm   Permalink

Mctiki ouch, broken ankles are no fun, I've been there. I'm surprised your wife didn't have a bonfire with it.

Thanks for the kind words.

I just put the final coat on the Cannibal.

And the Koa Brady Bunch inspired one is about done. Some more polishing a cord and signature is all thats left.

Mahalos for lurken.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 7:48 pm   Permalink

Cool Canibbal and Cool Brady bunch tiki. Well dne, I have ti do a couple cannibals soon so I'm lookin pretty close, Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 02:22 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben. It means a lot to me coming from such a great carver. I'm sure your Cannibal will be insanely good.

I'm going to do the whole trio of Cannibals. Having completed the "Eat'cha Cannibal" I'm now working on the "Gotcha Cannibal" as I refer to it pictured here from The Emeryville Trader Vic's .

Tiki at the Emeryville Trader Vic's - May 2003, Michelle Whiting

I took the Image from Critiki

Mahalos again for looking.

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 1:27 pm   Permalink

Just some stuff I'm whittling away at. Monkey pod is some hard wood. Especially when it's knotty. And this wood is knotty.

Not much you can do with a knot.

Pahu supports progress shot.

There's a few other pieces in the works.
Stay tuned.
Thanks for lurking.

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2007-02-23 13:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: AlienTiki 2007-02-23 18:20 ]

AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 8:08 pm   Permalink

"It's Progress, 'til there's nothing left to gain".....Greg Graffin

Mahalos for lurken.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation