FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Your first concert: Who, Where, When.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Your first concert: Who, Where, When.
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-22 12:14 pm   Permalink

... odd... remember the first concert...

... but cannot remember the last...

... beer...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 5:31 pm   Permalink

Attended many a punk rock show. First "concert"? DEVO, Long Beach Arena, with X opening. Well, actually DEVO opened the show as DOVE, a flower-lovin' 60's, hippie- spoof. Weird.

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CondorTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-02 9:58 pm   Permalink

What a great thread!! My First 'Real' concert? "Kiss, T-Rex and UFO" at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, 1974!! Yikes! What a first show! When I was a little kid, my folks took me to see 'The Osmonds' at some county fair in Illinois, but they don't count. Some later concerts were, Frank Zappa (about 15 times!), Dio, Ramones, Dictators, Rough Cutt, Jerry Jeff Walker, Tonic, Third Eye Blind. There were more, but those are the stand outs.

View Profile of CondorTiki Send a personal message to CondorTiki  Email CondorTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 10:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-02 21:58, CondorTiki wrote:
my folks took me to see 'The Osmonds' at some county fair in Illinois, but they don't count

Oh Yes they dooooo-oooo!
Hey! The Osmond's is better than my DeFranco Family...at least you got the genuine article! I got stuck seeing The Osmond's wannabee's...little Tony DeFranco sure was dreamy though...

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 06:44 am   Permalink

First concert - The Beatles! Saw them at Forest Hills Stadium in NY (now Arthur Ashe Stadium where the US Open is played). My older sister brought me. I couldn't really see them very good but luckily some girl had binoculars and let me use them so I could get a close up look at my beloved. I was sooo in love with Paul. The worst thing was that I could only hear the 1st 3 words of every song because the second they started singing the girls started screaming. It was still the best concert ever though. Talk about exciting. I was the envy of all my friends.

Have a drink on me...

[ This Message was edited by: codelisa 2005-10-03 06:45 ]

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 3:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

First concert - The Beatles! Saw them at Forest Hills Stadium in NY

Cool! I know somebody else that was at that show. Funny, I saw The Cars at Forrest Hills Tennis Stadium in the summer of '84 right after I graduated high school. Wang Chung opened up for them. My cousin and I somehow got my aunt to pay for really good seats for us. All I can remember is that they opened with 'Hello Again' and about a third of the way into the show it started to rain. Fast forward to now: I saw Ric Ocasek play CBGB last week. After the gig was over he was doing an informal meet & greet in one of the rooms behind the stage. I told him that I saw him at that gig in '84, and he said "Oh yeah, I was just talking about that. That was the night I got shocked".

I don't remember THAT...

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 7:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I saw The Cars in Forest Hills

I loved them. Now there's someone I wish I had seen. Cool full circle story.

Have a drink on me...

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WenikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 8:52 pm   Permalink

Great idea!

I first saw Sammy Hagar and Thin Lizzy in Sacramento in 1976. I was sad because Queen called in sick. My boyfriend was glad! He was a big Red Rocker fan.

Then I went to two Day on the Greens in Oakland in 1977.
First was Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest and Rick Derringer.

Next was the Eagles, The Steve Miller Band, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Heart and Foreigner. Wonderful day! I will be seeing the Eagles again soon here in Hawaii.

Some of you have seen some amazing concerts!

My sister would have killed to have seen the DeFrancos! What a great ear-worm song: Heart Beat it's a Love Beat...

May we cherish the memories!

View Profile of WenikiTiki Send a personal message to WenikiTiki  Email WenikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
obelisk2290

Posted: 2005-10-12 06:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-12 11:40, Turbogod wrote:
Band: Depeche Mode
Year: 1984
Venue: Warner Theater, Washington D.C.

Book of Love was the opening act, not that it matters much.

First concert was kiss at the Hollywood Sportatorium yeah was a dump in that the roof leaked and the parking lot turned to mud after shows and there was only one lane in the middle of nowhere at night. BUt saw the best bands there Rush Deep Perple so the memories are great. To show how things changed I saw Brian Adams, Sammy Hagar,Aerosmith, and Journey at the local minor league baseball stadium (Bobby Maduro Baseball Stadium) for $14!!!!! cant even get a souvenier now for that

View Profile of obelisk2290 Send a personal message to obelisk2290      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 6:30 pm   Permalink

An old post maybe some of us new people care add here.

ok not sure if it counts as a real concert but here it is:
Summer of 1974 I think. It was at The Mall in Arcadia Calif (Santa Anita Fashion Park) I went with my first girl friend, Susan I was in Love! " Shawn Cassidy" on the back of a flat bed truck. Oh the things we do (run run) for young love.

I followed it up later that summer with the Motor City Mad Man Ted Nugent.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 9:00 pm   Permalink

Venue: Long Beach Arena
Artist: Peter Frampton
Seating: 2nd row from top/absolute back
Ticket Price: $10.00
Tour: "Frampton Comes Alive"
Year: 1977
My age: 14
Contact High: Massive

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 9:21 pm   Permalink

First concert?........wooooooosh,wooooooosh.........(holding breath).............here.............can't remember man. got the munchies...........cotton mouth...........woh dude, you see that? wohhhh!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 10:40 pm   Permalink

Now I know I'm gettin old!

I believe it was 1976 .....dates are gettin unclear....besides, next to a pro musician I've seen SOOOOOO many concerts it's all just a blur!

ALICE COOPER (with special guest The Babys)
The Cow Palace - San Francisco
Welcome to My Nightmare Tour.....damn fun then and still a stand out after seeing all the biggest acts left alive after that date!

I go to a concert for the SHOW.... acoustically perfect, I can stay home and play the LP if they don't have a show.....that was how I felt about The Cars...loved the band, the music, was WAY into them but BORING live!

ALICE COOPER was like watching live theater, a monster movie and, (at that time of my life), awesome music!

[ This Message was edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2006-11-10 22:42 ]

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 06:59 am   Permalink

Rush-Signals Neal Pert's drums-priceless!

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 1:29 pm   Permalink

First:The Rubber City Rebels, at the golden bear.

Last: RUSH, at Irvine Meadows. (the tour with the washing machines)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation