FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Your first concert: Who, Where, When.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Your first concert: Who, Where, When.
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 09:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-14 20:16, ookoo lady wrote:
My first concert was the "California Jam", an all-day rock festival at the Ontario Motor Speedway.

http://www.californiajam.com/

Not quite sure why Seals and Croft was on the bill. That made as much sense as Sha-na-na at Woodstock

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 09:16 am   Permalink

Rush, Mid Hudson Civic Center, Pougkeepsie, NY, ca. 1975

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 6:16 pm   Permalink

Alice Cooper, Howlin Wolf, & Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen at the Hollywod Palladium in 1970.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-17 18:16, trustar wrote:
Alice Cooper, Howlin Wolf, & Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen at the Hollywod Palladium in 1970.

Trustar

Holy cow!! What a great line-up!! I remember that very show. Not 'cuz I went - but because my mom wouldn't let me go!! I was the youngest of a group of pretty hip people, led by my very hip Uncle Brett. I was just 13. Poor ol' Mom. She thought there might be (gasssp!!) people smoking pot there! Naaaaaah!!

I also missed Jimi Hendrix at the Forum that same era - same reason.

Funny thing....when I was 15, I went to my first (of 25+) Grateful Dead show(s) - no problem. "No drugs there, no way, Mom ... I swear!"

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 7:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I would be like "okay, I can die now." That line-up is insane. Howlin Wolf OPENING for Alice Cooper? Amazing!

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 01:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

Trustar

Dayum, that must've been one kickass show! I saw Commander Cody & the Lost Planet Airmen in 1972 with the New Riders of the Purple Sage, Alice Cooper in 1970 with Lee Micheals and Howlin Wolf got away from me when I was on a liquor run while partying at a friend's place in Tarzana in 1982 and saw a crowd lining up for HW at a local club and didn't park the car in the middle of the street and run inside.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-18 03:33 am   Permalink

My first concert ever (free tickets)
- around 1971
- Witter Field, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
- Glen Campbell headlined, with comedian Totie Fields as the opening act. This was a free show, sponsored by one of the banks in my hometown to celebrate their 100 year anniversary. Everyone was amazed that a television star with real hit records would come and visit our town.

My first concert with paid tickets (paid by someone else)
- around 1975
- Marshfield County Fairgrounds, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Buck Owens and his Buckaroos

My first rock concert (tickets bought in advance, by myself for myself))
- Boulder Theatre, Boulder, Colorado
- The Stray Cats (and two days later I saw the Clash at Red Rocks)

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 10:59 am   Permalink

My first concert was the summer before starting high school. It was The Plasmatics at the Whiskey a Go-Go. My next concerts after that were a few of the notorious Black Flag shows that ended in riots with the LAPD.

Chongolio in the street (running running)

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com
Kamapua'a the Hawaiian Pig God http://www.piggod.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2005-07-18 11:04 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 4:40 pm   Permalink

The Rubber city rebels, at the golden bear in long beach...1980!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 11:26 am   Permalink

The Golden Bear was in Huntington Beach.

http://www.stockteam.com/hbpix18.html

The city lost a lot of it's personality when this place and the Surf Theatre closed

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-20 10:18 pm   Permalink

My folks took us to see Liberace(!) when I was 5 or 6. He played for a private group of Aerospace workers.

First "real" concert: Nitty Gritty Dirt Band & Taj Mahal at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach

Second was Black Sabbath at the Whiskey-A-Go-Go on their first U.S. tour.....had to leave halfway thru their set because my friend drove his dad's car

Loudest band: Lock-Up (pre-Rage Against The Machine Tom Morello's hard rock band)....stadium volume at a small club in Santa Barbara (saw Van Halen twice......not as loud!)

Drunkest band: Rod Stewart & The Faces.....he must have dropped the microphone a dozen times while trying to sing. Opening bands were Rory Gallagher and Deep Purple. Long Beach Arena

Also at LBA to see Wishbone Ash and Camel (U.K. bands) was some new band opening for them called Kiss. A tough act to follow....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-20 11:28 pm   Permalink

Also at LBA to see Wishbone Ash and Camel (U.K. bands) was some new band opening for them called Kiss. A tough act to follow....

Ha! Kiss and Cheap Trick at the Forum. 4th grade.

Dunkest/Druggiest: Germs. Starwood.

Loudest- Blue Cheer @ the Fleetwood in the LBC with my now dead friend Don. Inagadavida !!! (screw spell check!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2005-07-21 12:30 am   Permalink

Loudest?

The Who.

It was SO loud that ny girlfriend had to shout into my ear for me to hear her. We're talking pain!

There was also a Zydeco band at the Rock and Bowl in New Orleans. They made up for their lack of talent by just playing loud. Phew, did they suck! Loud is OK when the music is good, but when it's bad... that's a bad experience.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-07-21 11:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-21 00:30, PiPhiRho wrote:
Loudest?

The Who.

They're still in the Guiness Book of Records for loudest concert.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-13 10:27, thejab wrote:
I saw Sean Bonniwell last year at the Wild Weekend. Damn it was awful.

"You can't put your arms round a memory (so don't try)"

- Johnny Thunders

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation