FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hewey's wood thread - Making a Paipo p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Hewey's wood thread - Making a Paipo p20
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 04:04 am   Permalink

Whooa, what a weekend! Just got back from the Sydney Hot Rod Show.

Was up till 2am Friday night working on the franken-tiki. The candy green paint didn't work, so I had to make a last minute run to the hardware store to buy some custom mix "bright f***ing green". It's too cold at night down here so I painted it in the bathroom with the heat lamps on Anyway I donated him for auction, he got $100 for the Sydney Children's Hospital.

I sold the pirate tiki to the editor of Aussie mag Cruzin, and have a few guys interested in other tiki stuff too.

I'll post pics when I can

Oh yeh, I also got some cool tiki/pinstriped art

There is "good" bad taste, and there is "bad" bad taste, and the difference of the two is in the eye of the beholder - Sven Kirsten

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-07-01 04:07 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-01 2:50 pm   Permalink

good on you hewey keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 4:11 pm   Permalink

hey hewey, look forward to seeing pics!

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 11:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks folks

This a Ferrari 360, with candy apple red paint and twin turbos.

That bright green thing sitting on the floor behind it in the left of the photo is the unfinished franken-tiki. Hoping to post some of my pics up later today.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 01:48 am   Permalink

way to go with the sales Hewey, and Especially for the donation to the kidz hospital, We certainly need more of that going on. Your Frankentiki looks like he might be kinda Cool with that Frankengreen color.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 05:13 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben Better the Children's Hospital than some kid who doesn't exist and no Scottish clown doctors in sight either!

Here's the pirate and the eyeless franken-tiki. Gotta love that mop on him. he's a bit basic, but time frame was very short. Pinstriped panels are by Neo Dutch

Once again I got to make some mess

The result of the mess

Franken tiki in all his glory. Yes, he's very bright. Look how closely he matches my business cards. Would have liked to paint more details in the eyes, and straighten the bolts up a bit.

What's that Neo Dutch bloke painting now?

ooh, that came out nice!

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-08 10:36 am   Permalink

Top class carvings, Hewey.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-08 10:07 pm   Permalink

I don't know if a bright green Franken-tiki is best described as 'class', but he is kinda cool! Thanks for the compliment though

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 2:18 pm   Permalink

I like Franken tiki a lot!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 4:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks Clarita I've got plenty of that bright green paint left, so expect to see another bright green tiki sometime soon!

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-11 6:21 pm   Permalink

Hey Hewey, did you ever carve anything out of that refrigerator sized chunk of AAC/Hebel?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 9:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-11 18:21, Tikidav wrote:
Hey Hewey, did you ever carve anything out of that refrigerator sized chunk of AAC/Hebel?

Haven't bought one of those blocks yet, at the time I was just looking into it. To make it worth it, I want to buy 4 or so, so the overall cost/block isn't too bad. Problem is finding the time to carve 4 blocks that big, especially when there's a good chance I'll be moving in the next 6 months or so - the less crap to lug around the better!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-26 04:23 am   Permalink

Well, there's not much to update. The big guy hasn't been touched since Easter, and I haven't done any carving since the hot rod show. BUT, my brother's wedding is in like 3 weeks. I was trying to think of what I could get him, since I wanted something personal. They've been living together for years, so they're pretty much set up (yep, they got a toaster ). Anyway, it dawned on me that we wants a tiki for his beer garden. Soooo, Im gonna put in a MONSTER effort and try and get this guys finished in 3 weeks! Looks like I've got some late nights out in the cold coming up This also means I won't be doing the plasma ball thing, likely he'll just get a fancy headdress, or maybe a modified solar powered tiki style lamp...

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-26 09:08 am   Permalink

Hewey, looks like you are off to a good start. Post pictures of your progress, and good luck.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 7:22 pm   Permalink

Nice tikis Hewey and I Love the pin stripers painting of you there. Cool!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation