FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Hewey's wood thread - Making a Paipo p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Hewey's wood thread - Making a Paipo p20
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 2:51 pm   Permalink

How is this tiki coming? So far it looks just like the picture you drew. I always screw up on a cut and it comes out way different than the drawing?

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 05:54 am   Permalink

Hey JP. The tiki is sitting alone on the workbench. I havent had time to have another go, but 2 jobs and 6 day weeks will do that to ya.

Yeh, so far its like the sketch. But as I said, I sketched it directly onto the wood before I sketched it onto the paper.

I hope to get in some more carving before christmas, but im not sure if I will. Ill post pics if I do.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 05:51 am   Permalink

Had a bad day at work, so I decided to come home and have at the tiki with a chissel. Its looking like a tiki finally. I still got a lot of work, as I want to give it a really smooth sanded finish. So far all the work has been completed with flat chissels, as that is all I have.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-13 2:08 pm   Permalink

keep up the good work hewey are you going to stain and lacquer him.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 7:59 pm   Permalink

Hewey, I think he looks pretty cool. How much more are you going to do to him?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 02:25 am   Permalink

Yeh, I want to go a really clean finish, and clear stain. Note sure how much I will stay with the sanding thing

badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 11:27 am   Permalink

Hey Hewey, since you're having trouble selling yer Bug, I say work with what ya got.

I saw this post at the Focus Site I belong to and thought of you.
http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-stop/494536-we-dubbin.html

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 1:52 pm   Permalink

Hewey,

He's looking good. Lean into that bad boy and then show us some more pics.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 3:41 pm   Permalink

I agree with mojo...its all about the vdub....

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 9:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the support people. Havent had time for any work on this fella. I did get some decent pastels and some sketch pads for christmas, so you might see some pastels in the future.

Yeh, the bug is stayin for a while. No wagon for me. Gonna play with the bug, but not quite as much as that volksrod. Very cool though Im tossing up how long I keep the bug with how much I play with it. And how much money I want to waste. haha. I already put in a new wheel (an old 60s style wheel). Hopefully its gonna get a tiki horn push. Itll look better than the hole its currently got.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 7:39 pm   Permalink

Yeh, I know, its been a while. Ive done a little more chissel work, and have started on the sanding. It was gonna get the totally clean look, but its got some cool character lines down the side from where my mate trimmed it with a chain saw from the main section of wood. Same with the upper surface finish (like on the left arm). Im gonna need to get a dremmel or similar to finish in the tight gaps where its a bit tight to get sandpaper in there.

Probably gonna go with a clearish stain.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 04:39 am   Permalink

Its getting closer Hewey. I can see some progress already.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 3:40 pm   Permalink

Hewey, it's coming along great. If you figure out a easy way to sand to tight spots let us know.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 3:48 pm   Permalink

Aloha bruddah!
Looking good brah! Keep going and keep posting so we can see da buggah completed in all its glory!

Malama Pono!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 8:48 pm   Permalink

Still working on this one. But I got the next one lined up already...

I got a 2.5 foot long chunk of cocos palm. This one is gonna go to my wahine's uncle, for around their pool. Its a bit daunting, the piece of wood is so big to anything I tried yet. Here goes nothin...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation