FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 6:18 pm   Permalink

I have two 2x4 resin tables and 2 small stacks of cedar wood(leftover pieces of when they were making our carport door!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 9:33 pm   Permalink

Any suggestions???

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PoisonIvy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-18 9:34 pm   Permalink

[/quote]
South of Beach Blvd. is the city beach, north of Beach Blvd. is the state beach. Since the fire rings are on the state beach, that's where to start looking!

We do need to be discreet about the alcohol. Wrapping a paper bag around a beer can will not fool the beach patrol Nazis. Alcohol has to be cleverly disguised as something else.
[/quote]

I'm terribly sorry, but I must "GONG" you. You have South and North out of wack.
For those who are not familiar with how to get to The Burn via Beach Blvd:
South on Beach Blvd. until you hit Pacific Coast Hwy. Go straight into the beach (you'll see the entrance, there are no other options but to enter the beach areas or travel left or right on Pacific Coast Hwy.) To get to STATE BEACH, when you enter the beach entrance, GO LEFT.
State Beach is on the South side of Beach Blvd.
If you park in the first parking lot after you go through the guard shack, you shouldn't have a problem finding everyone.
Not sure why I know this? I just do.
Is anyone invited or is this a closed party?
Just wondering as I did not send out any Christmas gifts, or Birthday gifts, or hosted a tea party as of late.
Ivy

View Profile of PoisonIvy Send a personal message to PoisonIvy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-18 10:00 pm   Permalink

All's I can say is that I will get there as early as I can, contingent upon how well I am holding up after certain undertakings of the previous day (oooh, mysto).

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 06:28 am   Permalink

If this helps this is from last year/

Yes, at the end of Beach Blvd.
First thing is to try and go left into the State run part, the parking is only 5 bucks. If you accidentally go into the City run side it will be 10 bucks.don't know if prices have changed
Neither area will give you a refund even if you say
"But I thought they were on this side"
If you happen to go into the State run side further South you can still drive to where we are inside the parking lot.
And yes, Lifeguard station number 15 and about 45feet south.
This next part was last year
For sure I will be there early between 6 and 6:30 to set up. Anybody want to come on down, we can do some early morning body wompin also. I am makin it an entire beach day.
I will be bringing
2 easy up canapys(one white, one red pinky faded)
A table to set food on(we need more)
Some beach type toys(we need more)
Beach and camping chairs(we need more)
Food/ atleast for my Family but probably more(chips, dip, dogs, burgs, you know)
For those that drink, the man is all over and has seen most drink container tricks so be creative. If your car is close, maybe make lots of trips. Anyway just be carefull!
Bikes so we can take a cruise or two
Maybe a kite
Fins, towels, Boogie Boards
Sweatshirts (maybe with my fire you won't need warmth, cuse I will burn you)
Bong is going to bring one weber to cook separate dogs and mellows so we can have the fire sooner(FIRE make Baxdog HAPPY)one more would be helpful!
DON"T FOREGET LONG COOKING FORKS(Big 5, Sportmart, figure it out)
Who has horse shoes? Who has a Volleyball set?
Come on people lets do this beach thing like Hoity Toity's are known for, BIG TIME!!!
If you can't find us by lifegaurd #15 and the flags we have up and the sail I am going to put up and you park in the wrong lot and the sand is to sandy
Then PLEASE go home, because you are to STUPID to be in public

July 23th at the end of Beach Blvd. Station #15
BE THERE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! all day is OK.
Thank you Bong for setting it off and making this day happen.

I don't know about this year yet, we have my son's entire undefeated (so far) Lacrosse team coming over to party after the championship games on Sunday. Then we leave Tuesday morning at about 4AM to go on a driving trip up north.
So if your bored read
LAST YEARS

Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 07:21 am   Permalink

baxdog, thank you. that helps a bunch.

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikinoobie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-19 07:30 am   Permalink

This will be my first tiki event and I'm concerned about the alcohol too. Do we have to have it or can we just bring our own juice boxes? I need to tell my parents cause they said I could bring chicken boxes with some side dishes, otherwise I can't go and I really want to. Is there a section for people who drink so they are away from everyone else. Please let me know how this is or what kind of rules there will be. Thank you!

View Profile of tikinoobie Send a personal message to tikinoobie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 09:00 am   Permalink

Lil' Noobie

Do not be afraid! There will actually be people there who don't drink alcohol. AGHAST! No, this is usually a family event "If ya gotem, bringum" type thing. There are some (few) of us that are relatively well behaved.(Other then that "Bong" guy.) My own grandchildren will be there and they have seen this group at it's Best/Worst. I don't think thay are scared for life.... yet.If you need to, have your mom call me I'm old enough to vouch for the group.

Hope to see you there

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-19 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-19 07:30, tikinoobie wrote:
This will be my first tiki event and I'm concerned about the alcohol too. Do we have to have it or can we just bring our own juice boxes? I need to tell my parents cause they said I could bring chicken boxes with some side dishes, otherwise I can't go and I really want to. Is there a section for people who drink so they are away from everyone else. Please let me know how this is or what kind of rules there will be. Thank you!

I am getting the feeling that you are an underage person and not an old fogie like Baxter who doesn't drink. As of this writing I am not planning on drinking. From the TC folk I have met, the average age of the members are in their mid-ish thirties. This event seems like it will be very family oriented , too. The average TC member also is not some beer chug-a-lugging frat dude. (yes at lot of us do drink,but not in a "FRAT" way). In my weird way, what I am trying to say is your parents can rest assured that "we" are not going to get you drunk(or give you any drinks). I will volunteer the protective services of Big Baxdog - he will kick anyones butt who gets near you with any booze!! So, come, bring some chicken, and let your parents feel comfortable that you are with some really respectful, cool people!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-19 10:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-18 21:34, PoisonIvy wrote:
Is anyone invited or is this a closed party?
Just wondering as I did not send out any Christmas gifts, or Birthday gifts, or hosted a tea party as of late.
Ivy

Ivy - Please come we'd love to meet you. Definitely not a closed party.

Doctor Z and I should be there around 4:00pm or so. I'll bring a load of firewood, but since these are old wood shingles from my recent garage re-roofing, they're gonna burn really fast.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-07-19 10:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-18 16:51, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 08:58, trustar wrote:
I will commandeer fire pits and the State side of Beach Bl.

As an out-of-towner I don't understand where this is. I can see a beach Blvd (Hwy39) that goes to PCH, but I don;t see a State Street (or whatever State Side IS). I am trying to get a hotel and I don;t want to be miles off. Also, do I remember someone saying alcohol is banned on that beach?

Alright people, I'm gonna show this once and one time only. Grab my arm, other arm, MY other arm...

Beach Blvd dead-ends into PCH. If you continue past PCH into the beach parking lots, going to the left takes you to the State of CA parking area, going to the right takes you to the City of HB's parking area.

Trustar will probably try to get rings by lifeguard tower #15 on State side.

Everything's going to be alright, you'll find us. How can you miss a bunch of dumbshits and Tiki Bong?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 10:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-19 10:06, Tiki_Bong wrote:
How can you miss a bunch of dumbshits and Tiki Bong?

Shouldn't the spell check have fixed this sentence to read:
"How can you miss that dumbshit: Tiki Bong?"

Just wondering.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-19 11:11 am   Permalink

[/quote]

riptide, maybe it should also check the way you use your colon...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-07-19 1:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-19 11:11, alohabros wrote:

[/quote]

True. I would have gone with a comma or a dash.

(Hey, he teaches math and science, not english.)

Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-07-19 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-19 11:11, alohabros wrote:

[/quote]

(Me thinks this is just a red herring post by the dynamic duo of Riptide/Spermywhale, in an attempt to throw me off the 'alohabros is really Riptide/Spermywhale' connection)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation