FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 6:54 pm   Permalink

SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS, BUT ARTY IS WELL!! Yes, Let the Beach Burn begin with all the fury and love that it is! Just talked to the man himself, and he is with us!

BambooBen, pm me.

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 12:08 am   Permalink

Burn !!!!!!!! Fire good. ARTY better. Score!!!

This years BURN is " all About the Arty!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 09:44 am   Permalink

7:00AM report
true star is true!!!!!!!!!

"?" of the day!!!!!!!!!!!
will this "PRE TC" Tiki Tony TIKI!!! BURRRRRRRN!!!!

it is now a condo to many unwelcome residents......

TONY COME SAVE YOUR PRE TC TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-07-23 09:44 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-23 09:44, crazy al wrote:
7:00AM report
true star is true!!!!!!!!!

"?" of the day!!!!!!!!!!!
will this "PRE TC" Tiki Tony TIKI!!! BURRRRRRRN!!!!

it is now a condo to many unwelcome residents......

TONY COME SAVE YOUR PRE TC TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-07-23 09:44 ]

Burn it!

The pit (Burn) is about 4 or so rings South of Beach Blvd. in the first row. Very Easy to find.

(not next to the river jetty Atomic!)

If the parking lot is sold out by the times yous gets theres, try to pull into the loop and send someone over and we can help you unload then send you on your merry way to find parking. Forgot how hot it is inland. Nice and cool down here.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 11:15 am   Permalink

I really wish we could make this one, but we just can't swing it. Have a fantastic time, and burn one for Arty for us!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 8:39 pm   Permalink

I am planning to get there late as I just got through slaving. I wish to bring (and BUUUuuuuuuRrrrrrrrN!) a five ft. SHAKA tiki that I will gladly offer up to the Gods of Health! I have had so many close encounters with friends and family members this year who have had major health issues! (Yeah that means you too Arty! You scared the crap out of us!!!!) I will sacrafice my very own shaka dude in exchange of some better times ahead for those who are ill. I'm taking the Tiki Buggy with Shaka strapped own in the front seat so I'm hoping I don't get arrested for voodoo or something... Mahalos to all who can't make it but are sending thier mana over to HB! Alooooooohaaa! Wes

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 11:05 pm   Permalink

The COPS said, " Your Party is OVER!!!" "NO MORE BURNING TIKIS ON THIS BEACH!" (2nd time they came)

Then the first time they came, they wanted to fine "Fire Marshal-Blue Shirt- Al" 1500.00!!

many pics and story to come...........

Overall it was a groovy BURN.

Chant's in the name of Arty too!

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 12:30 am   Permalink

"F" those stupid PO-PO!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 02:42 am   Permalink

What the hell happened????

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 03:46 am   Permalink

Awesome burn! a few pics....

Crazy Al workin' with the sand....

The finished sand Tiki

The entertainment during the sand sculpt...

Rev. Ben & Sabu ready the Tiki burn

The Tikis are lit....

ARTY!! ARTY!! ARTY!!!

The sun sets on an awe inspiring Tiki burn....

...until the cops show up.....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 09:42 am   Permalink

THE PRE TC TIKI TONY STORY........

why would this "true" kind hearted "star" offer a historic tiki up to Pele in the name of Arty???????

It's the many holes!!!! A Holly Tiki for the Burn!!!!!!!

Or rather it is what's in the holes......

Giant Wood Boring Bees!!! the size of a small Sea Turtle... is the buzzing so bad???

WILL THIS BE "MOTHERA's REVENGE" (see OC/HB Burn 04 for inside joke)

But First the Water Gods to be honored.....

Never got a shot of the grocery bag full of peanuts, chips and pita bread Pup sent up the Kite string to the Wind Gods... via Inky's Sponge Bob Kite
NOW THE BURN!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice! Burn-Toy BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last minute Tiki Offering my the newest and coolest Tiki Carver on the Scene!!
Capt.JACK!!

Ready.....Set......

What's this?? A Hakalugi Halla-ba loo Tiki Head!!

last minute adjustment......

BURrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnn!!!!!!

Then "Where's the Blue Shirt Guy???"..... any way
Yet Another offering..... to the Intoxica-Imbibe-ba Gods, Holden be Proud

BACK TO THE TITILLATING TONY TALE......
WILL IT GO UP IN SMOKE.....

the "Fire Marshal" says......

YES!!!!! and run for the hills... rather sneaks into the gloomy shadows of the neighboring camps......

BUZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2005-07-24 10:07 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-07-24 10:48 am   Permalink

I had my reason for leaving when I did. I have a real good friend that I care about.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 10:59 am   Permalink

BURN baby...BURN! Great pics. Did the cops think the sand was gonna catch fire, jump PCH, and burn down Huntington Beach!?! What fools these mortals be.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 12:06 pm   Permalink

WOW!

I am so overwhelmed by your kindness and support. Mahalos to all of you who continue to help burn away my pain and help me grow stronger each day with your incredible mana. Believe me, I can feel the power and I only hope that someday I can be there for you as you have been there for me.

Those burning Tiki's are awesome! Thank you for dedicating your burn to me. I am blown away by your kindness and Tiki energy. Indeed, I am a Suffering Bastard these days, but each day gets better and better. I was hoping I could make a surprise visit there yesterday but unfortunately, I am still just too way weak for all the excitement. I just started walking under my own power on Tuesday and took a 15 minute walk around the neighborhood yesterday for the first time. That, and the fact that my left fillet 'o leg is still healing from the bypass, got me thinking, "hmmmm...maybe I'm not ready for sand and smoke just yet!" Ben, I tried to call you on your cell phone yesterday to see if I could catch you guys in the act -- check your messages.

Anyhoo, it's ironic that I had to miss the burn again...3rd year in a row, but at least there will be other days now.

The pix look great! And that's hilarious about "Fire Marshall Crazy Al!" I hope it wasn't too much of a hassel for you. But I am curious about the cops. Was it the intensity of the fire or the Tiki's that had them worked up? Are pagan rituals now banned in HB?

Mucho mahalos again for burning to good health!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-24 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-24 12:06, stentiki wrote:

But I am curious about the cops. Was it the intensity of the fire or the Tiki's that had them worked up? Are pagan rituals now banned in HB?

Mucho mahalos again for burning to good health!

They said they could see the fire all the way down the beach. Score!!

I think also that the Tikis freaked em out a little.

All in good pagan fun and for a rightious cause!

Someone was saying that "they" probably thought we were chanting Party instead of Arty. Party in the name of Arty!!! Cheers to good health!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation