FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-07-26 09:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-26 09:30, RevBambooBen wrote:
Who all went in the ocean that day? Anyone feeling ill??

Pm me if so.

For those who weren't there; the shoreline waters were full of rare (for this area) stinging black jellyfish and some huge spotted pink and purple ones. I felt a few brush by my legs as I was wading. ( Since my back was killing me, I didn't go deeper than my ankles for safety reasons.)
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2005-07-26 1:48 pm   Permalink

the jellyfish ate my sunglasses.......

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 2:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-26 13:48, inkylouise wrote:
the jellyfish ate my sunglasses.......

That's my new band name.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 2:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-26 09:59, mrsmiley wrote:
the shoreline waters were full of rare (for this area) stinging black jellyfish and some huge spotted pink and purple ones.

That wasn't a jelly fish. It was a rock. It wasn't a rock... it was a Rock Lobster.

Seriously, The Sperm Whale and I went into the water and have had no ill effects since (however, there were reports of over 1400 people getting stung on Sunday). It could have been all the alcohol from Dr.Z's famous tiki jello that kept the little bastards away.

Ben, did you get sick? Maybe one of the big, black wood bees from the Tiki Tony tiki took refuge in your head thinking you were a tiki and its new home? Maybe that is why Bong left so early?

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
russell s. monkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-26 2:36 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al says,

"Never got a shot of the grocery bag full of peanuts, chips and pita bread Pup sent up the Kite string to the Wind Gods... via Inky's Sponge Bob Kite"

Here I am getting a hand from Crazy Al, to deliver those snacks to Patrick...

I was really tryin to get up that kite string...i'm a fat little monkey, I didn't make it quite as far as paper bag, and scraped my monkey knees on the sand...

Oh well, i just had to nurse my wounds the next day at the Hawaiian Room....

View Profile of russell s. monkey Send a personal message to russell s. monkey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 3:36 pm   Permalink

"buuurrrnnnn the muuunnnkkkeeee....."

(sorry Inky)

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:17 pm   Permalink

he still smells like smoke.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:21 pm   Permalink

Russell... you can type! That is so cool, I didn't know you were on TC
What does the "S" stand for?
say Hi to Inky for me.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
russell s. monkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-26 4:41 pm   Permalink

"Yo!" to my up-righteous friend,

My prehensile toes have more uses than just peelin’ bananas!

View Profile of russell s. monkey Send a personal message to russell s. monkey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 8:02 pm   Permalink

That picture of russell is the cutest thing. Everything that I brought out there smells like smoke!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 8:04 pm   Permalink

My uke even smells a bit smoky on the inside.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 08:39 am   Permalink

Funny, I still smell pork.

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-27 3:54 pm   Permalink

ATTENTION ALLEGED TIKI CONCFLAGRATIONIST.
DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY!!!

The alleged crimes the OC Tiki arsonists may have been overstated. There is not a $1500 fine. If the fire in the pit violates the following...

"Fires shall at all times be maintained in a safe condition that does not threaten any person, natural or structural feature"

(California Code of Regulations,
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 3. Department of Parks and Recreation
Chapter 1. General
4311. Fire in Stoves,Smoking)

--------------------------------------------------
...it is punishable by, upon conviction, a maximum of 90 days in the hole and a maximum of $1000 fine.

Also the prosecuting attorney may reduce the misdemeanor to an infraction, punishable by a fine of not less than $10.00, nor more than $1000. (Public Resources Code 5008)

I, Krustiki for the Defense, contend that the fire does not violate the aforementioned codes,was conducted in a safe matter,and did not threaten any person, natural or structural feature.

I move that this case be dismissed for lack of merit.

If my motion is dismissed, I move that the violations be reduced to an infraction, with the minimum penalty of $10.00

I demand that all charges be dropped, except for those who have already professed their guilt. For them, I will file the appropriate appeal, file a writ of habeas corpus and arrange bail.

Sometimes you just have to keep the "Smokies" in line.
You have no rights if don't know what they are.

All Codes And Regulations are listed below.
###########################################################

TITLE 14. Natural Resources
Division 3. Department of Parks and Recreation
Chapter 1. General
§4311. Fire in Stoves,Smoking.

No person shall

(a) light, build, use, or maintain a fire within a unit except in a camp stove or a fireplace provided, maintained, or designated by the Department for such purpose. Portable camp stoves may be used in portions of units approved by the Department.

(b) Fires shall at all times be maintained in a safe condition that does not threaten any person, natural or structural feature.

NOTE

Authority cited: Section 5003, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 5008, Public Resources Code.
---------------------------------------------------
####################################################

Public Resources Code
Vehicle and Vessel Violation Within State Park System

5008. (a) The department shall protect the state park system and the state vehicular recreation area and trail system from damage and preserve the peace therein.

(b) The director may designate any officer or employee of the department as a peace officer. The primary duties of the peace officer shall be the enforcement of this division, Sections 4442 and 4442.5, the rules and regulations of the department, Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 650) of Division 3 of the Harbors and Navigation Code, the rules and regulations of the Department of Boating and Waterways, Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 9850) of Division 3.5 of the Vehicle Code, and Division 16.5 (commencing with Section 38000) of the Vehicle Code and to arrest persons for the commission of public offenses within the property under its jurisdiction. The authority and powers of the peace officer shall be limited to those conferred by law upon peace officers listed in Section 830.2 of the Penal Code.

(c) The department shall protect property included in the California recreational trail system and the property included in the recreational trail system under Section 6 of Chapter 1234 of the Statutes of 1980 from damage and preserve the peace therein. The primary duties of any officer or employee designated a peace officer under this section shall include enforcement of the rules and regulations established by the department under subdivision (l) of Section 6 of Chapter 1234 of the Statutes of 1980 and the arrest of persons for the commission of public offenses within the property included in the recreational trail system under Section 6 of Chapter 1234 of the Statutes of 1980.

(d) Any person who violates the rules and regulations established by the department is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding 90 days, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except that at the time a particular action is commenced, the judge may, considering the recommendation of the prosecuting attorney, reduce the charged offense from a misdemeanor to an infraction. Any person convicted of the offense after such a reduction shall be punished by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

(Amended Ch. 1027, Stats. 1987. Effective January 1, 1988.)

HISTORY

1. Amendment filed 1-28-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 5).

2. Amendment filed 6-5-91; operative 7-5-91 (Register 91, No. 35).

3. Change without regulatory effect adding subsection (a)-(d) designators and amending subsections (a) and (b) filed 6-18-96 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 96, No. 25).

[ This Message was edited by: Krustiki 2005-07-27 15:54 ]

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-20 12:01 pm   Permalink

The final resting place of the TikiTony sacrificial tiki from the O.C. Beach Burn summer 2005

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-20 7:22 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! Looks like Tiki Tony needs a friend??? Maybe a Crazy Al Tiki???? Or should we get him a Soccer Tiki??

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-10-20 19:23 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation