FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki in Denver?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki in Denver?
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-14 06:05 am   Permalink

Hmmm, I'm seconding ZuluMagoo on this. I won't be visiting Tiki Boyd's.

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-14 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-20 15:30, aquarj wrote:
The Mexican place is Casa Bonita. Indoor waterfalls with a cliff diving show and roaming mariachi band. You get service at your table by raising a little flag. Probably 8 or so different sub-themed dining areas, including in the rocks behind the waterfall. Pretty amazing and fun. No tiki.

-Randy

My [formerly] little girl loved to go to birthday parties at Casa Bonita - they always did fun parties for the kids. It's pricey - and you have to order food in order to get in to the restaurant...kind of a fast food/cafeteria process. If the food were good, well, the price wouldn't be so bad lol. OH! The sopapillas with honey ARE very yummy!
The cliff diving show is worth it though - great fun! Kids (well, grownups too) like to stand at the edge of the pool to get splashed.
I totally agree that Casa Bonita would make a Tiki Club of epic proportions...the mind boggles at all the cool nooky rooms that could be tiki-fied...

Sitting here with a hurricane whooping it up around my house almost makes me wish I were back in Denver - even the spring blizzard of '03 (or was it '02?) isn't as scary as this!

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-14 11:15 am   Permalink

...oh, and yeah - Rice is a really freaky guy. Sadly, there seem to be a lot of his ilk (just love that goofy word) out there. Maybe Melon (the bartender) can get you guys who are out there to front a new place?

The revitalization of East Colfax and some sections of Broadway have created some fab niches where a Tiki Bar could be a big hit. Not to mention the west side - Denver West, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood...boundless potential there!

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LuckyPikiTiki

Posted: 2005-09-21 12:18 pm   Permalink

If you have a hard time imagining a place like this designed by Boyd, then either 1) you really do need to open up your imagination; and 2) you need to check things out prior to making comments. You are welcome to see with your own eyes - it truly is an oasis of calm and beauty - a major coup for our corner of Colfax.......

View Profile of LuckyPikiTiki Send a personal message to LuckyPikiTiki  Email LuckyPikiTiki Goto the website of LuckyPikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-24 09:15 am   Permalink

my GAWD--a thread celebrating the CRAPPIEST mex food in the coolest location for a restaurant...my sister went once and we had to drive from Ft. Collins to Denver(50 miles--seemed like a THOUSAND when you are a kid) for MICROWAVED mex food--endless sopapillas though!! They had CLIFF DIVERS jump into the 'waterfall' and a GORILLA--mariachis too. I went as an adult when I was at Co. Institute of Art--you couldn't DRINK there--it SUPER BLEW. That building is STILL THERE? that would make an AWESOME tiki bar!!

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-01 11:39 am   Permalink

Moondog:

You know the Mountain folk of Colorado do not know a thing about Comida deluxe. They better stick to Buffalo Steaks and calf fries.
Mexican food in Colorado..geez..better stop in Taos before you hit that border. That dawg don't hunt!

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation