FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving An important alert to the artists of TC
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
An important alert to the artists of TC
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 1:50 pm   Permalink

This thread from Tiki Marketplace might be of particular interest to the artists on TC:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15570&forum=12&start=15&17

Until this gets cleared up, I'd urge all of you to be on the lookout for illegal use of your designs, especially on eBay. If you do see your designs being used illegally, contact eBay to have the auction stopped.

Hopefully surfinstro can explain this to us in a way that is satisfactory. All TCers should feel free to let their voices be heard on this issue.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 1:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks Humu.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 4:18 pm   Permalink

Tiki- Protector of the artist/creative/fun... Not to be messed with.

Humuhumu- Special TC Agent and now Tiki Demi-God. Also not to be messed with.

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 4:22 pm   Permalink

Yeah Humu, thanks for looking out for us artistic types.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfinstro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-21 8:58 pm   Permalink

All stone casting that I have sold on ebay have been purchased thru another eBay member "gostatue". She has been selling there since 2002. There is another member on here who sells the same type of casting only they are in plaster who has stated that I stole his molds. But as it turns out he has purchased similar molds from another mold seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8205812260&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
In fact he paints them the same way as the mold seller has advertised.
I have molds of S&P shakers that I will be selling as soon as they are painted. Also I have copy molds of KAHIKI necklaces that I sell.

View Profile of surfinstro Send a personal message to surfinstro  Email surfinstro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-21 11:13 pm   Permalink

Yawn.....

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfinstro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-21 11:24 pm   Permalink

Yawn on this...

View Profile of surfinstro Send a personal message to surfinstro  Email surfinstro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 09:39 am   Permalink

Surfinstro, thank you for clarifying the source of your mold for one of the questionable items you are selling. However, I've confirmed with Bamzeno of Tiki Freaks that the necklaces you are selling are a Tiki Freaks design, and thus not available as a mold, and that he most definitely has not given permission for the use of his design.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfinstro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-22 11:51 am   Permalink

No he hasen't given permission to sell them. In fact I haven't sold one yet. They were listed twice with no bids. I believe it is the best one too. How about I give them away with each purchase?
I am in the process of carving my own so I can sell them.
I know exactly how it is when someone copies your work. I had quite a few stain glass projects of mine copied and then published. I made $0. I couldn't do a damm thing about it as the company had lawyers and I didn't. I took it as a compliment, that's all I had.

FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 1:32 pm   Permalink

Does Capt'n Skully know your using his image on your homepage?

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart 2005-07-22 13:33 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 1:52 pm   Permalink

I've banned Surfinstro. For the members here who know him personally, please let him know that he was completely out of line.

I'd like to point out that I watched the Surfinstro stuff go down over the last few weeks but never got a complaint from a user until 2 days ago. I look to
U-Mods for hints as to what the members of Tiki Central want to happen.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 1:58 pm   Permalink

No loss.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 5:36 pm   Permalink

Hey guys,

This man has contacted me about purchasing one of my carvings. What should I do? Is he actually making molds of people's work and marketing them? If so, I'll see what my lawyer friends have to say about that. Federal lawyers know everything! I believe that as an artist running a legal small business and selling original work, I am covered by some copywrite laws. I'll look further into it, but if your pieces have been copied/duplicated, you should to speak to a lawyer or do some research. Any illegal/unauthorized molds need to be destroyed, and people need to be compensated.

I sell my carvings for people to enjoy, not copy, cast, and make money on. That sucks!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 12:29 am   Permalink

surfinstro-SOB-ocean tiki, etc....?

In the "Immortal words of Rodney Dangerfield, No RESPECT!!"

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Razor

Posted: 2005-07-24 1:00 pm   Permalink

How much sense does that make to kick him off this forum?
Because he copied someones design? Are these designs copywrited? Is the site owner based in Russia or USA?
EVERYBODY COPYS SOMEONE ELSE. THERE IS NO ORIGINAL DESIGN ANYWHERE.

View Profile of Razor Send a personal message to Razor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation