FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga: Redesigned mug pages, plus links to related items
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-29 12:55 am   Permalink

dito...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-29 2:12 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much, Tiki Tony, your kind words mean so much to me.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 03:23 am   Permalink

Ooga-Mooga's latest new feature: Drink Matcher!

Ooga-Mooga's always been able to tell you the right size drink for a mug, but now you can tell Ooga-Mooga the size of the drink you want to make, and it will look through your collection to tell you which of your mugs will fit best. Look for Drink Matcher under My Collection on the right sidebar.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-02 4:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-01 03:23, Humuhumu wrote:
Ooga-Mooga's latest new feature: Drink Matcher!

Never try to match drinks with Unga Bunga!!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-04 09:10 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-11-02 16:48, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

Never try to match drinks with Unga Bunga!!!

Man, I guess you got me right Smiley. Drink Master told me that my only hope for the right size mug would be an outrigger canoe.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-06 8:54 pm   Permalink

Another new feature for Ooga-Mooga -- now collections can be grouped by using tags! This feature is available for Trader accounts only, so if you've been on the fence about getting a subscription (or upgrading your subscription), this is one more way that Trader accounts rock.

To group your mugs, simply go into the "Edit" page for each mug, and type your tags, separated by commas. There is no set list of tags -- the beauty of this is that you can group your mugs the way you want to. You might want to have a group for all of your skull mugs, or for your mugs from a favorite location, or for the mugs you've got in storage. Anything goes.

As an example, you can take a look at my collection:

Humuhumu's collection on Ooga-Mooga

So far, I've got a few groups -- vintage mugs, mugs that I received as gifts, mugs that are souvenirs from places I've visited, my favorite mugs, and mugs I've actually imbibed from myself.

Have fun with it!

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 1:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-06 20:54, Humuhumu wrote:
Another new feature for Ooga-Mooga -- now collections can be grouped by using tags! This feature is available for Trader accounts only, so if you've been on the fence about getting a subscription (or upgrading your subscription), this is one more way that Trader accounts rock.

This is a great new feature. I had been using comments to group my damaged and destroyed mugs, but this way is much simpler.

I am having problems with one of my tags though. I've put together four different groups so far, and the first three work, but the Tiki Farm group shows 0 mugs when I click on it. Any idea why that's happening?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-07 13:25, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I am having problems with one of my tags though. I've put together four different groups so far, and the first three work, but the Tiki Farm group shows 0 mugs when I click on it. Any idea why that's happening?

Yeah, I caught that after looking at your collection -- I wasn't properly handling tags with spaces, but that's fixed now, and tags with spaces in them should work just fine. Glad you're finding it useful!

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 5:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks Humu, I'm having fun with the tags!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 12:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-07 17:23, Tikiwahine wrote:
Thanks Humu, I'm having fun with the tags!

Awesome! Yeah, the tags sure make it a lot easier & more interesting to browse through the large collections.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 03:26 am   Permalink

Another Ooga-Mooga improvement for Trader accounts -- now it's even easier to sell your mugs! Mugs for Sale isn't just for your eBay auctions -- now you can also put a "Price for Sale" on any of your mugs, and they'll appear in Mugs for Sale. Your mug will be listed with the price you want for it, along with instructions to send you a Personal Message to make arrangements to purchase it.

This is available to all Trader accounts, at no extra charge. The discount on new Trader accounts (first six months at the price of a Standard account) will be ending in the next few weeks -- so if you've been thinking about signing up, now's a great time!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 07:07 am   Permalink

Hey Kate, it looks like the mugs that were broken are the cheaper and more common ones. Its a good thing that it was those and not others.

MAybe it was the tiki gods that said, you can do away with the Spencer's gifts tikis. Yeah, I know, they are all your children.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 3:58 pm   Permalink

It's almost renewal time for some of us. What will the procedure be?

It would be nice to have the option to be able to renew for another six months or to renew each month.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-31 12:12 am   Permalink

You shouldn't have to do a thing -- when your initial six months have completed, your subscription will begin auto-renewing every month. You can manage your billing details (e.g., verify that the right credit card is on file) through PayPal. If you wish to upgrade or end your subscription, you can do that from your Account Settings page on Ooga-Mooga.

For new subscribers, subscriptions now work slightly differently -- during the introductory period, while I was getting Ooga-Mooga off the ground, the first six months on a subscription were paid up front. Now that the site is up & running so well, you can go month-to-month -- that means that you can get started with a Trader account for only $5.95! If you'd rather go year-to-year, that's available too.

I also recently created the ability to purchase
Gift Subscriptions!

As always, feel free to email me with any questions.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 02:35 am   Permalink

Ooga-Mooga has reached a cool milestone -- there are now over 1,000 mug templates in Ooga-Mooga. Some other fun numbers -- there are 129 collections in Ooga-Mooga, with just shy of 3,000 mugs! All those mugs would hold 147.6 gallons of tastiness if they were all used at once.

Ooga-Mooga has grown a huge amount in the short six months it has been in existence. I'm incredibly pleased with how it's caught on, and with the stories I've heard from folks who have loved using it, with all the neat things I've learned about mugs, and with how many gorgeous collections I've gotten to see. I wish now to make it accessible to even more people, and so I've instituted a dramatic price reduction -- a Standard account is now just $1/month (or $12/year), and a full-access Trader account is only $1.50/month (or $18/year)!

It means so much to me that there have been so many people who have believed in Ooga-Mooga right from the get-go, and to thank those who signed up for Ooga-Mooga at the old prices, I have given them a Free Lifetime Membership. If you're one of those folks, you should have a PM from me with details.

Mahalo to all the Ooga-Mooga members!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation